Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Berry name change appropriate

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 21, 14 11:01 PM
The other night while playing the scenes with the hanging fruit I realized they are not grapes, but currants. Look closely at the bottom of each berry and you will see where the flowers bearing the fruit left their mark. Remembered seeing these growing in our yard growing up and eating them off the bush. Grapes are smooth on the bottom. Went on the internet and found the currants, most are red but some are the color found in our scenes. I think this closes our berry vs grape debate.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

Re:Berry name change appropriate

[Post New]by orchidna on Aug 22, 14 7:17 AM
They also look exactly like pokeberries (the fruit of a pokeweed - poisonous), except the color is a tiny bit lighter than pokeberries are. Those grow as weeds all over our area.

However, this is just a game, so their being called grapes previously didn't bother me ... they looked enough like grapes to know what it meant. LOL

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Aug 23, 14 10:50 AM
The cabbage turned lettuce still looks like cabbage.

What next, will they specify iceberg?
Change star to Mexican cookie?
Specify pitch pipe vs tobacco pipe?

Imho, leave the artists alone and let them name their creations to their liking.

I was happy to learn a new word for crown, now long forgotten since they were convinced to change it.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 23, 14 5:57 PM
Diadem . I think there was a discussion whether it was a diadem or a coronet but it wasn't settled before it became a crown. Assuming of course you're referring to the diamond one in the swamp, not the gold circlet in - where is that gold circlet anyway? I can picture it but just can't remember which scene...... OK, I'm officially braindead for the rest of the evening Time for more HOS.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 23, 14 6:27 PM
Circlet is in both the Broken Statue and in the Summer Garden (formally Winter Garden).

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 23, 14 6:31 PM
Thank you, madam. What would we do without you

Go to: