[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 22, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 08/22/2014 at 6:10:53 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden here

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 22, 14 6:10 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sable Maze: Forbidden Garden.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 22, 14 3:49 PM
Hi all. Well, I gave the CE a go and didn't feel it was CE worthy. Not to mention the fact that all the blues and pinks really make my eyes tired very quickly. I always give the SE a shot, since I have often changed my mind about a game after playing it again, but very seldom go back and purchase the CE version. My thoughts on this one didn't change much.

The graphics and game play were nice and clear, even with the blue and pink colors. Some day, hopefully, the devs will pay attention to the reviews. Music is nice. Voice overs and animation were very good. Jump map was well done and areas identified by name and picture, in case you forget what something looks like. There are some very nice sound FX in this game.

HOPs were a little different and fun and each was played a little differently than the last, so you don't get bored with the same thing all the time. Items were not too difficult to find, but took some thought to complete. The puzzles were quite simple and nothing new. Disappointed in how slowly the skip and hint button filled. Hint system is quite helpful, but didn't use it all that much. Mostly I used the jump map, since it told me where there was something to do and I didn't have to do any back-tracking.

I still did not find that this game was CE worthy and even for an SE, it was not all that challenging. However, since I have all the others in this series, and a punch that is about to expire, I am going to get it and add it to my collection of games. Besides that, I really liked how the HOPs are set up and I find the need to see where this story is going, other than saving the fiance.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 22, 14 6:44 PM
This would be a really nice game for my great granddaughters!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 22, 14 11:33 PM
dancemom1 wrote:Some day, hopefully, the devs will pay attention to the reviews.
I agree. The blue and pink in the screen shots on the preview page, or purple and pink depending on your monitor, really are irritating. I wish those developers who seem to be addicted to unrealistic coloring would find a new paintbox.

But to be fair, I did give the demo a try, and sure enough, it seems that the entire game is destined to be blue and pink. I also agree with dancemom1 that the hint and skip buttons take entirely too long to fill even on casual mode.

About 30 minutes into the demo, I decided this game is just too sweet a fairy tale for my taste.

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 12:23:11 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 23, 14 4:05 AM
I played the first two Sable Maze as CE, but I can't remember the rating and/or if I made a review, I could ceck the forums and see, ...anyhow, let's talk about this one, I liked the trial version, I think is very nicely done, and surely it's worth as SE, the graphics are very good, vibrant colors, intereactive HOs and fun minigames, all packed in a magic and fairy atmospere, relaxing and engaging story, and what about the little pet , I love it, I would get this game also because of it!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 1, 14 3:47 PM
Vastly superior to the other Sable Maze games. I love the pinks and blues! And the beautifully detailed graphics. I'm afraid I've gotten used to having a choice on how quickly my hint meter refills and this one is SLOW. Transitions are slow too. Otherwise I the game and bravo to the developers for the color scheme. The game is a go!

Bernie79
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Bernie79 on Sep 2, 14 6:16 PM
It is long and boring. I'm still not at the end after several days playing - it goes on and on. Also weird things pop up here and there - totally not needed. I do like the designers attempt at art nouveau - but it is a little overdone on the pinks and purples. The hint button does not always work.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Sep 7, 14 1:17 AM
I played the SE version. Only paid $4.99 and it was a good deal. It's of course a pretty game. Had some fun challenges in it. It had the option to switch from an HOP to a matching blocks game. Those are fun. I usually will find all the objects up to the last one then switch to the matching game. I feel like I get twice the game play out of it that way.

I've yet to have any technical difficulties with any Big Fish games I've played. I keep reading that there are lots of technical issues. I haven't had any.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 20, 14 8:09 PM
Still playing...still the game!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 28, 14 2:08 AM
I liked it , not a difficult game but it was pretty good, music, graphics and jump map, also the hints worked well. Storyline wasn't much but was ok, I did enjoy the hidden object games and some of the mini games I just skipped. The purple and pink colors were not too distracting.

In all honesty the game really did not hold my interest but that could just be me and this is the first Sable Maze I have bought. I just looked at the previous Sable Mazes and did play the trials & didn't buy so they just were not my personal 'cup of tea'

Give it a try and enjoy we are all different in our likes and dislikes & you may just like it fine

out of 5 for this SE

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Feb 20, 15 12:27 AM
Just finished this one and really liked it. Not too hard, easy on the eyes, different types of HO scenes. I even liked the corny ending.

That being said, I have the other two Sable Maze games and this one bears no relation to them at all. Perhaps the devs should simply have released this as a stand-alone game.

The opposite of the more dark and scary Sable Maze series, this is an elegant fairy tale with a rather too good-looking father. I enjoyed the game once I realized it had nothing to do with the two others. Give it a try.

CelticCoco

Go to: