bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Update does not show in my APP & Does NOT fix my Bug

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 22, 14 11:07 PM
There are three Updates in my app for games that I have completed and do not need to Update. I see NO way to remove the notices. The Update for this game, however, does not appear there. I would update it from here but I had no problem with what has been fixed. My "Rusty Gear" bug that prevents me from continuing is not listed in the fixes.

The HINT keeps pointing me to the rusty gears in the ceiling. Although I do NOT have the final gear (cannot find it anywhere) and the HINT keeps pointing me to the gears, I used my Oil on them. The oilcan immediately disappeared, the gears are still rusty and I cannot find the final gear nor complete this puzzle.

BTW, because this Update does not show in my App, I manually checked for Updates and still am offered only the three that appear in my App and NOT the one for this game. Also, I was incorrect, you do NOT have a link to the Update here so I cannot DL it from this Forum.

Edited on 08/22/2014 at 11:11:10 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Update does not show in my APP & Does NOT fix my Bug

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 23, 14 9:31 AM
One other problem. I bought This game along with "Ghosts of the Past". I find that I cannot install only one of these two games. I uninstalled "Witch's Legacy" and then wanted to reinstall just that but, there is no way to install ONLY this game. I have to install all games bought at the same time. I have finished "Ghosts of the Past" and have no desire to reinstall it. Why can't I install just the games I want to install? Why are purchases made at the same time lumped together as a set?

I uninstalled "Witch's Legacy" and wanted to reinstall it as that seems the only way to get the Update as it does not appear in my App no matter what I do. I am reinstalling it now but I had to first reinstall "Ghosts of the Past" as it was the first of the two purchases to install. Not at all desirable to install a game I am finished with in order to get an Update of a game with a Bug.

I now see that all multiple purchases seem to be this way in my Purchase History and the only way I can install one of two or more purchased at the same time is to first put up with the other games also being installed. I suspect I may be able to halt installations of unwanted games but am not certain. I don't want to try that again.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 23, 14 10:40 AM
Hi Bribling,

You don't have to reinstall all the games on your purchase date to get the updated version of this one. If for instance, you bought 3 games in one day and want to re-install just one of them, go ahead and click on install these games (or whatever the language is).

The Game Manager will then open up. If one of the three games is already installed on your machine, the GM will simply re-activate it and that takes about 20 seconds. If you had uninstalled the second game as well as the one you want to update, both will go into the queue to be downloaded. From the queue screen, just pause the download of the game you do not want and then click on the trash can. That game will go away and then only the game you want will re-install. Hope this makes sense!

About game updates being stuck in the GM? I have not figured how to get rid of them for updates I don't think I need either. Usually I just break down and update them just to get rid of the notice. If someone has figured that one out I would love to learn about that too!

Hope this helps a little. Good luck!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 23, 14 11:04 AM
Thanks Bartsister! I am aware of what you said regarding the multiple games. I can stop what I don't want, I think, but why should I have to have games I don't want reinstalling or reactivating in the first place? Why should I have to stop those installations? Why can't I just install the game I want? And why, oh why, can't I get an Update notice for this game? Why do I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it updated? And mostly, why should I have to bother with the other purchases I made at the same time?

I too would like to get rid of the Updates for games I have finished. The only way I know to do that is to uninstall those games or Update them.

The App needs a good bit of tweaking/correcting IMO. Maybe one day "Soon"

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 23, 14 5:47 PM
Answering 'why' questions is definitely above my security clearance.

I can only say that I am with you on hoping for improvements, but I am glad there are at least some workarounds so we are not completely stuck when these things happen - as annoying as that may be.

Mr_Tucker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Tucker on Aug 25, 14 4:00 AM
Hi,
I tried doing what the suggested for manual update, but it just said there were none. In the game I am sill getting all the glitches no matter what. I have been offered a voucher, but I REALLY want to play this game!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 25, 14 5:36 AM
Mr_Tucker wrote:Hi,
I tried doing what the suggested for manual update, but it just said there were none. In the game I am sill getting all the glitches no matter what. I have been offered a voucher, but I REALLY want to play this game!

Hi Mr. Tucker,

Forget what they say about manually checking for updates in the GM app. I have never had that work, You either get an update notice or you don't - and if you don't, I know of no way of making one appear in the app. Below is the manual way to re-install the game from the website and this will work!

First, do open the Game Manager and go to the My Games section and then find this game on your list.

Click on the trash can on the far right to uninstall this game.

Then go to the BF website (you can use the purchase history in the game manager if you don't own too many games - but I have a ton and it takes forever for it to load for me so I find the website much faster). Navigate to Your Account and then Purchase History. You should see a header 'Your Games' and you can sort them by title or purchase date. I switch to purchase date as that usually moves the game in question to close to the top of the list.

Find this game and then click on Install Now. If you have other games in that order that are already installed, they will just reactivate (no big deal and takes 2 seconds) this game however will reinstall with the latest build of the game

This way is a hassle, I know. But it does get the job done. Hope this helps! Good luck!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 25, 14 12:50 PM
I suspect the reason some games don't get Update notices is because they are connected to another game or games purchased at the same time. The Purchase History (and maybe the App) seems to lump all purchases made at the same time together and thus if, for example, if you purchase two games during a sale, they are treated as "one". You might get an Update notice if both games have an Update (?) but if only one does, you will never get a notice and will have to uninstall and reinstall manually.

It is for this reason that I will probably not purchase any "2 for 1" or other multiple game sales such as Bundles again. I will wait for half price sales. That's probably a better thing for me anyway.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 21, 14 11:35 AM
Thank you Bartsister. As you stated, we are not necessarily notified of the updates. I uninstalled and reinstalled as you suggested and the tape is now in my inventory. Have a good day.

Go to: