bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 23, 14 12:29 AM
The studio that brought you Gardenscapes presents a brand new hit game!

Even though she’s a bestselling author, Scarlett has lost her inspiration. Leaving behind the hustle and bustle of her big city life, she moves into a beautiful 19th century mansion in the countryside. Unfortunately, this place needs some serious work, so Scarlett calls you for help! Search the mansion for treasures and hold garage sales to turn her ramshackle retreat into a comfy palace! But be careful. You never know what dark secrets you’ll uncover, and they could be the key to breaking Scarlett’s writer’s block!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 23, 14 1:32 AM
dixieangels wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed Gardenscapes and since it is 4:22 AM my time, I cannot remember the name of the other one.

Gardenscapes: Mansion Makeover (and Gardenscapes 2), I would guess.
Obviously we're helping Scarlett here with our experience from Austin's houses.
Very similar, very cute.
Hope you enjoyed it.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 23, 14 2:24 AM
I enjoy the other games by this developer and would have snapped this one up but for the life of me i don't know how this passes as a CE will wait for the SE . Yet another month struggling to fill my PC .

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 23, 14 2:39 AM
As mentioned on the game pages/as usual, the CE features are:

+ special bonus levels,
+ exclusive accessories for the hall,
+ plus the usual CE stuff (soundtrack, concept art, wallpapers).

It doesn't mention how many special levels, alas, but so far, in the TM games of this Dev, it was a good amount. Also, from their M3 games, I remember that there are indeed quite some "exclusive accessories".
This won't convince a HOPA player, of course, but HTH anyway.

As I just said in a different forum, this kind of game helps me understand why folks like HOGs - so many lovely details, much to watch and find and click on and do....

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Aug 23, 14 4:22 AM
Does this game have an end, or do you just keep playing on and on?

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 23, 14 4:37 AM
I haven't even finished Gardenscapes2 and mansion makeover, so I let this one pass... Maybe as a SE.. because a game like these as CE ?? That's beyond me..

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Aug 23, 14 12:34 PM
I'm having fun! Scarlett's not as much fun as Austin (love making him dance), but the cat is cute.

More wallpaper choices would have been nice.

andromedon
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by andromedon on Aug 24, 14 1:43 AM
Yes it does have an end. Emily finishes her novel and publishes it, dedicating it to the player.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 24, 14 6:57 PM
Really Andromedon? Aren't there rules about giving away the ending of a game? Thanks so much for losing me the opportunity to play another game I would enjoy.

Please read the rules in the future before posting endings.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 24, 14 6:59 PM
andromedon wrote:Yes it does have an end. Emily finishes her novel and publishes it, dedicating it to the player.

To BFG Moderator:

Can you tell from the above "quote" what my little upset is about? Aren't there rules? I could swear I read rules against this.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 27, 14 6:24 PM
Usually when I play a bonus, this one shows 5 areas, it ends. This one should have ended after I played the 5 areas, but has not. I have redecorated 3 times and replayed the bonus rooms numerous times. Can anyone help me out here. What am I missing??? thanks

chevyqueen
Herring
Herring
303 Posts

[Post New]by chevyqueen on Nov 1, 14 7:12 PM
I have finished the game a couple of times to it's conclusion. I keep replaying it. I love how you can change designs. You can ever go back and change things if you don't like the look. I bought each thing as it became available. I noticed that there many additional things to buy. Maybe you have to buy everything before the game is finished. I love this game! I have vision problems and I can play this one with plenty of hints and in the relaxed mode!

Go to: