Please post your TECH ISSUES for Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 23, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 5:57:05 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Manor Memoirs Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 2:29 AM
I just downloaded this game. When I hit the play button my game manager closes. I can't play the game....it doesn't launch. I have never had this problem. I will now uninstall this game to get everything back to normal. If I still have an issue I will be back.

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 2:30:05 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 23, 14 2:45 AM
When posting in this thread, please include your platform -- PC or Mac -- and your Operating System. Thank you.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 14 3:12 AM
Geener_Weener wrote:I just downloaded this game. When I hit the play button my game manager closes. I can't play the game....it doesn't launch. I have never had this problem. I will now uninstall this game to get everything back to normal. If I still have an issue I will be back.

Geener_Weener, there are quite a few games now that, when you click the "Play" button, will close down the Game Manager first. But the game should automatically open. After you exit the game, the GM should also automatically come back up.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 23, 14 4:43 AM
On PC..... There seem to be some glitches with this game....first two customers did not have any word picture or anything just blank....not easy to just guess!!! and when I was supposed to click on the electrical panel in the house it wouldn't let me, she just kept saying no, I will do it after you look at the electrical panel. I clicked everywhere on and under an above and to the sides of where the big green arrow was pointing but never would let me click on it....I finally had to shut down the game with the task manager. I love these kind of games but this really needs to be fixed.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 23, 14 5:56 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 14 6:11 AM
Scpotamus, you might want to reinstall the game. I played the demo, and everything was in working order. No glitches of any kind. It happens sometimes that, when you install a game, that a file may be put in the wrong place or missed out altogether.

[Post New]by flutterbyz24 on Aug 23, 14 6:41 AM
I had the same issue with names of items not showing - just a blank spot. Had to leave it for the last and use the hint button. No other issues. (Windows 7 OS)

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Aug 23, 14 7:02 AM
Thanks Valdy! That did seem to work....course I only had 9 min left lol, but the electrical panel worked this time. Appreciate your help!

Sound is terrible

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Aug 23, 14 7:37 AM
Yes, I'm still running XP on the drive I use for games so that may be the problem but the sound is skritchy and skippy and totally unacceptable. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Do I need to submit a Dr. Felix analysis?

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Aug 23, 14 10:36 AM
2nd game with problems this week! This time, it closed the game manager, gives me a black screen then back to desktop - opens game manager and tells me I have 60 mins left!

Much more of this and I will cancel my Big Fish Games membership - and I've been a member for years

I have a new laptop running windows 8

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 3:54:49 AM PST

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 23, 14 12:04 PM
I had no problems, except for one customer with a blank where the item he wanted should have been, until close to the end of the demo. The last couple of scenes I did wouldn't allow me to select coins even though I could clearly see them and they weren't being blocked by anything. At this point the timer stopped working and coins I had earned from sales stopped auto-clearing. It also stopped registering misclicks.

Probably restarting the game would have helped all this but I was already so close to the end of the demo time period it didn't seem worth it. I had been strongly considering buying this game but now I'm not so sure. Even if restarting it had fixed the issue I really don't want a buggy game that I have to keep restarting in order to play.

alan51
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alan51 on Aug 23, 14 1:35 PM
I had the exact same problem with the electrical box. The green arrow is there but nothing opens when I click on it. Just keeps saying check the electrical box. Cannot go any further in the game with this issue. I hope this is fixed soon.

Pc Windows 7

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 8:04:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 1:39 PM
_DD_ wrote:When posting in this thread, please include your platform -- PC or Mac -- and your Operating System. Thank you.

I have a PC. It's a 64 bit Windows 7 pro.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 1:40 PM
seaseaone wrote:2nd game with problems this week! This time, it closed the game manager, gives me a black screen then back to desktop - opens game manager and tells me I have 60 mins left!

Much more of this and I will cancel my Big Fish Games membership - and I've been a member for years

same here

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 1:43 PM
Valdy wrote:
Geener_Weener wrote:I just downloaded this game. When I hit the play button my game manager closes. I can't play the game....it doesn't launch. I have never had this problem. I will now uninstall this game to get everything back to normal. If I still have an issue I will be back.

Geener_Weener, there are quite a few games now that, when you click the "Play" button, will close down the Game Manager first. But the game should automatically open. After you exit the game, the GM should also automatically come back up.

I've known about game manager closing for certain games. And yes it comes back up when I exit the game I was playing. But this game has a problem.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 1:54 PM
I have a question that I would like a Tech Manager to answer please. Is there a way to know that games have issues before posting them for sale. I would say no...because then why would you post it; right? So what really can you tell us? It is sooo frustrating to try and make a game work. Really.....should we have to tackle tech issues ourselves?

I'm sorry....I'm just so aggravated about games with tech issues. Maybe some day it won't be issue. All games will play normally.

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Aug 23, 14 2:40 PM
I've started the game and when I close it, it no longer works. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it and it did the same thing. Will be issuing a ticket to tech for this one. I don't usually buy CEs but I love Playrix games so I really wanted this one to work.
Windows 7 64 bit HP All-In-One.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Aug 23, 14 3:21 PM
Using Windows 7 and a PC, absolutely no problem and played all the way through. Kind of a neat game with differences from the regular manor games. I have cable internet and Norton.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Aug 23, 14 3:57 PM
caseymom wrote:Using Windows 7 and a PC, absolutely no problem and played all the way through. Kind of a neat game with differences from the regular manor games. I have cable internet and Norton.

No tech problems at all?

Go to: