silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Please Read - A friendly reminder.

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 23, 14 6:34 AM
"Welcome to Midnight Castle forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Midnight Castle players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right."

quoted from the thread "Welcome to Midnight Castle forum".

Some players have lost sight of that. Worried if we share strategies that gives help to a struggling player that the "dev's" will take away "perks" we've discovered and shared. This thinking is detrimental to the purpose of this forum.

I've not recieved PM's to stop posting, but have recieved suggestions after some of my posts that we should answer questions in PM's to players asking. While that player may get answers there ARE many players that observe and read, but rarely and sometimes never post. What about them? They should benefit too and how could they if answers are all in secret? I've recieved several PM's from just such players after leaving the open forum offering thanks for help they've recieved from reading the threads everyone has contributed to.

One PM I recieved from a player (I can't name them or share exactly what they wrote per forum rules) did recieve a PM to not share the help they were providing and was asked to take down her posts. REALLY? She did take down her posts because she thought she did something wrong. Then was PM'd again because someone made a quote of the post before that was done and the quoter won't remove it (I know who this defiant person is, since it's within forum rules the post stays!).

The bad news: this NEW player may never post on the forum again - I hope they reconsider as all helpful information is valuable and this player did nothing wrong. The information they provided WAS VERY HELPFUL.

We are all pretty creative players, will always find new strategies, and are all very generous (some even gifting out their last Unique Stamp to help move others forward). Give them a BIG APPLAUSE - how selfless and kind.

A new player helped another new player yesterday - How wonderful! That gave me so much joy to see.

Thank you all who offered up your support, encouragement, and some laughs. I've had a few days to think, cool my anger, and ready to be defiant, and walk with you all to lend aid and support to all who need it - openly on the forum for ALL to see.

Sincerely, Silver Hawk

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Please Read - A friendly reminder.

[Post New]by guppies56 on Aug 23, 14 6:40 AM
Good for you Silver Hawk!!!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 23, 14 6:44 AM
That's our old Silver Hawk

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Aug 23, 14 6:51 AM
Yippee! You're back So pleased to read what you just put

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Aug 23, 14 6:51 AM
rosiebvt wrote:That's our old Silver Hawk

YUP YUP YUP

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Aug 23, 14 7:08 AM
Yay! Wonderful News! Time to break out the Strawberry Shortcake!

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Aug 23, 14 7:16 AM
Hi silver_hawk,

I am so happy you are back

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Aug 23, 14 7:32 AM
Good to see you posting again silver_hawk!

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Aug 23, 14 8:48 AM
Thank you Silver Hawk, a timely reminder of the best way to play the game. Well said.

Freya

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 23, 14 9:46 AM
Silver_Hawk

Best news of the day, Good to have you back on form.

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Aug 23, 14 10:56 AM
Silver_Hawk, I totally support your saying and I do not think that help should not be offered because of the fear that the "developers may notice" ....It's only a game, after all !!!

I am an old player and I have visited a lot of forums asking for help and I was very happy to see that a lot of people was eager to share their experience. I also try to help when I can.

I am very glad that you have made this post !!!!

Best Regards

Lia

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Aug 23, 14 1:26 PM
Silver_hawk,

Keep on posting, and don't forget, we all are strong.

Pycyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Pycyn on Aug 23, 14 1:50 PM
good on yer .silver,keep doing what your doing,every one supports you .

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Aug 23, 14 3:28 PM
It's about time you came back , missed your posts , I do read them and many others .

Thank You ,

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Aug 23, 14 3:29 PM
I am very glad to see you've decided to stay, I have enjoyed reading your posts, the way you speak has a way of calming and reassuring the rest of us, or at least for me. Here's hoping for some new challenges, that you can post about.

gabrielmine
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gabrielmine on Aug 23, 14 4:36 PM
Just remember..."United we stand, divided, we fall"

Glad to see you back, my friend.

Be safe in the castle, my friends

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Aug 23, 14 4:45 PM
I cannot imagine on what grounds BF/MC mods chastise a player for helping another player but every other game forum I've been on is purposed for game help as well as camaraderie.

Thanks for saying what we're all thinking Silver Hawk...it did need saying.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 23, 14 5:01 PM
xshoshin wrote:I cannot imagine on what grounds BF/MC mods chastise a player for helping another player but every other game forum I've been on is purposed for game help as well as camaraderie.

Thanks for saying what we're all thinking Silver Hawk...it did need saying.

It wasn't Big Fish or the Mod's - they have nothing to do with this, but I'm sure they too would like to find out what's going on.

It is only player on player.
There are players PMing other players telling them to remove posts providing tips and techniques out of a fear that the dev's will read it and take away our creative methods of advancing in the game.

I summerized one such story that was told to me. I've been PM'd with many other stories of players who have been coerced into removing their posts that offered helpful advice. Many of these players are new to the forum and are now afraid to post anything now.

Let me put it more plainly:

"Players" are silencing other "players" for posting help, tricks, tips, and advice openly on the forum.

This is why I got upset, then angry, then had to leave. Finally calmed down and now bringing this issue to light.

Stay positive, Silver Hawk

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 23, 14 5:49 PM
Well crap on a cracker now I have to put away da crazy glue??
Hum maybe I will get to use it someday on someone
But fantastic news silver so glad you got to cool down then come home,, I promise I will NOT ground you

Now where dat cake
>>>>> ONE HAPPY CAPT>>>>>>

Buffysue
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Buffysue on Aug 23, 14 7:42 PM
Dear Silver, I am SO happy you are back. Please keep posting in your wonderful way, helps me and countless others more than you know. Laura / Buffysue

Go to: