joya7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

The toy bat and the dog

[Post New]by joya7 on Aug 23, 14 9:07 AM
I am unable to set the toy bat down for the dog in the hospital (chapter 5). I have tried and tried...please help!!! Is it a glitch?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:The toy bat and the dog

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 24, 14 10:59 AM
It might be a glitch. I remember having trouble, too, but I finally was able to give him the bat. Just click the bat all around him and on him until he finally takes it.

The toy bat and the dog

[Post New]by Yours4Ever on Aug 25, 14 1:33 PM
What if you can't give the bat to the dog at all? What should I do? I've been trying to give the dog the toy bat for two days now and I'm able to give up but I do want to finish this game. I just don't know what to do now???

[Post New]by Yours4Ever on Aug 25, 14 1:35 PM
*about to give up

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 25, 14 3:55 PM
First, if it is a glitch, maybe just uninstalling and reinstalling might take care of it. I don't know if you've tried that yet, but it's worth a shot.

Next, is there anything else you can do in the game? It's not likely, but it is faintly possible that there is some trigger in the programming that allows you to give the toy to the dog. A conversation, a cutscene that needs to be triggered, an item that has to be in your inventory, etc. (You did find the wounded tailor, right?) I would go through the strategy guide step-by-step to be certain you didn't miss something, then try again.

The toy bat and the dog

[Post New]by Yours4Ever on Aug 26, 14 12:21 AM
Thank you Burf90. I will go back to see if there is anything else I can do. If I can't find anything else to help me, I will delete and reinstall. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll let you know.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 26, 14 7:32 AM
You're welcome and I hope reinstalling does it.

Also, I'm certain you've probably clicked that dang bat on every inch of the screen by now, but I do remember that it wasn't clicking it on the dog's mouth that did it for me. It seems like it was more the middle of his back or the center of the dog. Stupid I know, but that's what worked for me.

You might also try changing to the system cursor in Options for that scene. Sometimes it's the fancy game cursor that's the problem. You can change back after the dog finally gets the toy.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 27, 14 1:03 AM
I think you may need to click on the chest first, then you can give the bat to the dog.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 27, 14 2:43 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:I think you may need to click on the chest first, then you can give the bat to the dog.

Well, that's a pretty illogical trigger for being able to give the toy, but I hope it works! (Seriously, if you had a dog growling at you, would you step right up and just reach past him to try to open anything?)

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 27, 14 7:26 PM
I know - I agree! But then, they also asked us to stuff wet dough in a power outlet

I don't think this was an action that was intentionally programmed or anything, because if so you'd expect a black bar tip saying something like "I should calm down the dog first before opening the chest". I just remember not being able to give the toy until I checked out the chest. I hope that's what's been stopping Yours4Ever too.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 27, 14 9:08 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:I know - I agree! But then, they also asked us to stuff wet dough in a power outlet

Well, OK you've got a point. LOL

[Post New]by Yours4Ever on Sep 5, 14 3:04 AM
Thank you Burf90 and SeverineSnape so very much. You both did it for me so that I was able to finish the game!!

I actually finished this game awhile ago but thought that I should pop back in to let you know that SeverineSnape was absolutely correct. You see, I decided to do what you suggested Burf90 to check around to see if something will triggered to help me. Then I did what SeverineSnape said to do and I clicked on the chest. At that time I had no problem giving the bat to the dog. I needed to have the game tell me to do it and then I was able to get'r done. haha

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 7, 14 9:00 AM
Well, that's cool! I'm glad you were able to finish and I'm sure this thread and SeverineSnape's solution will help many others that are stuck here, too.

Go to: