Tomorrow's TGT - Wonderburg!!!!

[Post New]by paulthelen on Apr 2, 09 6:28 PM
Wonderburg launches tomorrow... I loved it. Kind of like Build-a-lot or Be Rich, but very different as well.

And good news, Felix liked it as well. AS a matter of fact it will be a "Favorite"
That means it will qualify for the Treasure Chest promotion.

Picman

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

Re:Tomorrow's TGT - Wonderburg!!!!

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Apr 2, 09 6:49 PM
Cool...I'll definitely have to give that one a try!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Apr 2, 09 6:54 PM
Been waiting for this one since you mentioned it in another post. Kinda miss your booger green fishie avatar picman. There so much fun to make fun of

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on Apr 2, 09 6:59 PM
Hey picman! Why the new screenname? Are you trying to fool us fishies?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 2, 09 7:16 PM
Terrific!! I was trying to decide whether or not to stay up until midnight tonight to see TGT (I'm so glad I am in the same time zone as Big Fish here in the States), and now I know I will stay up!

If we buy Wonderburg before it appears in Felix's Favorites, will we still get credit for it as part of the promotion? Or will it appear in Felix's Favorites as soon as it shows up?

Edited on 04/02/2009 at 7:19:12 PM PST

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Apr 2, 09 7:46 PM
bump

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Apr 2, 09 8:37 PM
bump

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 2, 09 8:49 PM
OOOPS! Well, I don't have to wait up for TGT tonight, LOL. Not my kind of game at all. Ah, maybe better luck tomorrow. How about Puzzle Park as a Felix Fave???

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Apr 2, 09 9:01 PM
Looking forward to trying it. Everyone says they stay up to see it, but mine doesn't show up at midnight, doesn't seem to till the next morning.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 2, 09 9:12 PM
This is off topic, but what's with all the reverse morphs?

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Apr 2, 09 9:18 PM
Reverse morphs?

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Apr 2, 09 10:06 PM
Bump

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Apr 2, 09 10:22 PM
bep1 wrote:Looking forward to trying it. Everyone says they stay up to see it, but mine doesn't show up at midnight, doesn't seem to till the next morning.

It shows up at midnight PST. I'm EDT so it doesn't come here til 3 am. So I just see it in the morning when I wake up. LoL

Uhm, why does picman have a new name? Did someone make a mistake and wipe him with a kleenex?
*giggles*
I'm kidding! You looked fabulous in uhm olive green yeah that's it OLIVE green!
Hehehe.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 3, 09 12:13 AM
It just appeared as TGT, downloading it right now.
Looking forward to it, due to the positive comments.

dussgemma
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

[Post New]by dussgemma on Apr 3, 09 12:35 AM
Will have to give it ago, and nice to talk!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 3, 09 1:12 AM
It is a cute Build a lot/Be Rich style time managment strategy game.

I played the demo and purchased the game because there is a relaxed mode

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 3, 09 1:46 AM
I enjoy playing with a timed challenge but I would love to give a kudos to Big Fish Games for adding a relaxed mode. As a time management lover, I want to see more time management games. I think that a lot more people who like to play at a relaxed pace and have slower reflexes would get into time management games if this option was offered. And therefore...more time management games would sell really well...and therefore more will be produced!!

Don K

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Apr 3, 09 1:51 AM
Hope Puzzle Park goes on Felix's Favs list too, Like it and will buy but will wait to see if it makes the list!!!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 3, 09 1:52 AM
Why I agreed with Felix and bought this game in a state of pleasant surprise:

Super graphics! Cartoony but a style I actually *like* for a change. Old School, not all anime-ey RELAXED MODE! ...and Relaxed Mode with no penalties, which is to say same game, same trophies, just option to turn off the Timer. I *think* we might finally be getting through to those stubborn developers. Interesting take on a "Build-a-lot" or tycoon game by having it in a Fantasy Setting. I did not like Be RIch because it felt very sterile to me and modern day developement just doesn't float my boat, but throw in some trolls and dragons and spells and I'm a happy Poodle! Similar to Be a King but more about building and less about defense. Good, humorous story that has me wondering what will come next. Cut Scenes are quick clickable, skipable or sit back and watch. Way to appeal to everybody! All Levels are replayable, at least in the first hour, so if you liked Timed or Trophies matter to you you have a chance to better your performance. Lots going on with curses, bad guys and spells mixed into the usual building challenges. I look forward to seeing what happens later on. I hear there be dragons...

Not sure about duration as the map seems small. There are 34 levels (including "bonus" levels) and I got through the first 10 during the demo, though in all likelihood later levels will become more difficult and as such lengthen play time. Still I don't see a super long duration on this and that is the only negative I've seen. ALL "Tycoon" type games have built in replayability because you can always try different strategies, and since you can replay every level this would seem endless, but since I *rarely* replay any game this is a hard thing for me to judge

So after my visit to Wonderburg I must say Wunderbar! ...and give it full a Poodlebear Approval.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 3, 09 2:03 AM
Thanks for putting this game on Felix's Favourites Picman this is one game towards my keyring.

Go to: