A "Wish List" For the Next Update

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 24, 14 7:04 PM
Note: This list has nothing to do with glitches. Fixing the problems that hinder game play (like missing achievements, missing items, etc.) are not included here.

First, thank you. We love Agency 33 and just want to make some suggestions. We've been through a couple of updates now, and here's a "wish list" from us to the developers about some modifications we'd like to see in the game play.

This is a compiled list from topics mentioned around the forum:

Control Over Item Rewards
This is a big one. Some have voiced wanting control to choose the reward after every hidden object scene. If that's not possible, perhaps a compromise to be rewarded with a choice after a skilled run, especially on the higher levels. The concept would be to create some qualification that, when met, the reward is chosen by the user rather than an algorithm.

Increase Max Energy
Another big one. We've been capped at 290 for seemingly no good reason since Level 29. This new update puts us at Level 42 or higher. It's past time to remove the cap.

Eliminate the HOS Reward Roulette
...or actually make it functional. The idea behind this is that since the possible rewards scroll across the screen, players think that clicking should effect the reward (which it does not). So if an algorithm has already pre-selected the reward, we feel it's best to either eliminate the worthless scroll and simply show the award or actually make the roulette functional in some way. It's a misleading and useless part of the game (from general experience).

Drop More Energy Items After Scenes
As Tee Rex noted and suggested in a recent thread, the Orpheus Hints are generally out of control. Giving us over a thousand hints is quite excessive, especially when we can do little to nothing with them. After so long at the game, the scenes become second nature and by the time you've maxed out all scenes, you're completing most of them by heart and hints are irrelevant. It's been suggested that the scenes dropped apples, coffee or just pure energy on a more regular basis instead.

Add More Levels to Scenes (6 and Higher)
Those who have played from Day 1 have had all scenes maxed for some time now. It would be nice if the next update gave us an opportunity to stop wasting scene visits and work toward some higher levels. According to the achievements, you do have this planned, so we would like to see it implemented soon.

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 7:21:56 PM PST

Re:A "Wish List" For the Next Update

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Aug 24, 14 7:10 PM
Less Tasks Requiring Giving Up Items
We work hard for our items and the amount of tasks that require us to simply hand them over to other agents is frustrating for many. Tasks requiring us to banish monsters, complete certain scenes and even craft items are fine, but please refrain from asking us to simply hand over items with such frequency.

Better Tutorial for Challenges
Several players find themselves confused when it comes to banishing or summoning challenges in the scenes. Perhaps you could consider revising or lengthening the tutorial for this aspect of the game.

Better Organization of Crafting Items
It's not apparent as to how the crafting items are listed, but if they could be grouped by their level, it would be better than the random order in which they're currently stored in the backpack.

"Fix" the Rio and the Polar Station Energy Requirements
Both the Carnival de Rio and Polar Station are set at the old energy levels. Could you please update these to reflect the current (lower) energy requirements?

Edited on 08/24/2014 at 10:14:00 PM PST

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Aug 24, 14 8:22 PM
We could also use credit for items already crafted. Right now I'm crafting the Jewel covered turtle for a quest and I have 3 already. Please take that into consideration.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Aug 24, 14 9:58 PM
I've enjoyed the game. Nonetheless, there are some frustrating parts... so here's my wish list.

My top desire: the ability to sell or use excess items for relic creation. Since it's highly unbalanced (certain items are rare and *always* the fifth or tenth item to drop from an anomaly rift as well as being rare gifts from scenes), there are some relics where I have zero of one part and 12 of another. I'd like to be able to sell off the more common items. Excess gold is at least useful for roulette chips, but excess relic creation items just sit there reminding us that we don't get the item we need.

My second wish: some additional energy crafting items. The absolute best would be if the items, instead of requiring specific levels of item, instead required a certain number of levels. This may seem confusing, but it would work well. For instance, say you introduce a sandwich that gives 200 energy. The sandwich requires seven "levels" of item, meaning that you could use three tier 2 materials and a tier one material... or you could use one tier 5 material and one tier 2 material... or you could use a tier 3 and a tier 4 material. This would allow us to get rid of things when we build up a *ton* of them. The current energy crafting items rely far too heavily on tier 3.

What these two wishes have in common is that they're a way to get a little benefit out of it when the game seems to avoid giving us the items we need. Basically, it would cut away some of the frustration that players feel when, as I did today, we do the same scene 15 times in a row and fail to get the correct tier of item that's required.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Aug 24, 14 10:10 PM
Hear hear to the above. They are very well thought out wishes, sensible and not impossible for the Devs, for without its players, they would not be in business and since we play so much, we know what works and doesn't, so it only seems fair that they meet at least half of the Wish List.

I agree the max 290 energy is ludicrous.

And yes we should get rewarded with 'food energy' instead of hints that do accumulate for some up to over 1,000 (what's the point indeed) we can do some of these scenes with a blindfold, hello!

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 25, 14 11:17 AM
I would like to add something to the wish list too:

when we get a "Create X Anomaly Traps" task we should be allowed to use the new "5 anomaly traps" formula, not to waste our precious and hard to get materials. Granted, when the task is of the "Create" type we get to keep the result of our creations (unlike the "Give me" type of task), but last night or the night before i had to craft TEN anomalies, and it wouldn't register when i created them using the new formula, i had to fork out 10 1-star materials to complete that task, ending up with the resulting 10 anomalies, whereas if i had used the same 10 materials with the new formula i would have 50 anomalies at the end! quite a difference, and it hurts to waste materials that way for no good purpose or reason.

I also agree that the 290 cap on energy has to be banished and so new foods matching the new levels of energy must be created. I'd like to suggest that the new foods (since they will be meant for players above level 29 - that means, with more than 290 energy points to fill) use 4 stars materials, rather than being so dependant on the same 1-2-3 stars materials (as the lower food items). As of now, 4 star ones are rarely used, mostly on crafting higher symbols, while the 1-2-3 ones are needed for already so many things we can't ever get enough of them.

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 1:10:13 AM PST

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Aug 26, 14 1:57 AM
They should give us the ability to buy more items with gold coins.We can buy almost everything with orbs,but only charms and orpfeus hints with coins.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 26, 14 7:11 AM
Also it would be nice if in the next update the "odd named" objects (like the "boom" at the fringe hut) and the wrongly named objects (like "golf club" at the polar station, which is actually a hockey stick) would be fixed, as well as the links between the picture and the name for the "boxing gloves" (links to the red winter mitts) and the "gloves" (links to the actual boxing gloves) at the artist workshop.
more problem with misnamed stuff can be found at:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285582.page#5714131
thanks in advance.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 28, 14 11:39 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much for all your helpful input! We've forwarded this to the devs, and they'll be taking this into consideration for future updates

bfgVaiya

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 28, 14 10:56 PM
Some 'wish list' items:

1) Blessing of Nike -- level 2, reduce creation time 15 minutes or maybe 10 minutes more. This would help deal with frustration when you have to create 20 traps before going to create relics because it take on average 15 traps to get enough to make a relic. Still need to have the items to create. This could be purchaseable using gold. I certainly have no idea what I am going to do with 200,000+ gold coins!

2) Blessing of Apollo -- rewards are at +1 star level, and you get a level 1 too. This way if the random generation of rewards isn't changed at least you have a better chance of getting the 4 and 5 star items. Instead of having to play a scene 10+ times in the hopes of getting one of them. This is another item / enhancement I recommend playing with coins.

3) Blessing of Hepestus -- Allows for your to purchase additional levels of creation reduction. Currently max of 5 levels. Would be nice if you can buy another 5 levels. Here I would use gold / coins again for that.

Gilead
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Gilead on Aug 30, 14 9:57 AM
Remove the maximum amount of anomaly traps allowed in inventory.

Sucks to find out you cant have more then 25 .I'm guessing 25 because I had 23,used the create 5 trap recipe, thinking I did not hit create when it I still had 23, I used another, and amount stayed at 23.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Aug 30, 14 3:03 PM
@Gilead: there is a minor glitching on the display of amount of traps you can have, but THERE IS NO CAP (that i found yet, anyway) on how many you can have/create. i have made almost 100 at one time. To "solve" the problem with the glitch, until they fix it properly, simply refresh the game (close the game and then get back in). the amount you made will then show properly. Always, when you make more than 20 at one time it will encounter this glitch (note that it's not the same as having more than 20 at one time. you could have, say, 53 left from another time you made, started the gamenow, they are there, as they should, then you decide you want to make a few more before you go get your relic pieces, so you make, say another 30. you will likely notice the "visual cap" at 73 this time. but once you refresh you'll be happy to see they are all there. it's a bit cumbersome, this refreshing the game thing, but still better than losing the traps.
until a proper solution comes, hopefully on next update, it's at least a functioning workaround.

[Post New]by ReverendKillJoy on Sep 1, 14 2:04 PM
A fix on the achievements would be appreciated. I have 4 now I can't claim.

Also on the roulette when you choose to roll a dice again could you have an additional conformation note asking if you really want to do that as you will lose your current item.

I ask this as I did a really silly thing. I got 30 gems on a roulette turn and thinking I could aim for 30 more chose to re-roll a dice and forgot to pick up the gems. (I did not know rolling any of the single dice would cancel the reward I got) So I lost 30 gems in the process. I was gutted

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 2, 14 11:56 AM
Hey ReverendKillJoy

The devs are working to get the achievements fixed, and we're hoping to have that fix released to you all as soon as possible. We want to make sure you all can get your achievements!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tegdirb on Sep 4, 14 11:09 AM
I think that top of that wish list should be...when can we expect the next update! Can't wait for the next installment. Also, am I the only one that lost access to the achievements screen with the last update?

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 5, 14 3:40 PM
I thought I had a wish for this thread. Then I realized that my problem is not the game programming. It's the need for better information about what order to do things in. I just now realized that some of my frustration is because the quests I have are supposed to be after I repaired a particular bridge. But I didn't realize back when I first got that quest that I could do it at that time. I thought I had to finish a certain series of quests before I would be able to repair that bridge. But it turns out, I misunderstood the instructions about repairing bridges.

I like that the game has complexity. It makes it more fun. But I think that the in game progression of quests that are supposed to help you figure out what to do and when to do it are not as helpful as they could be. Either that or they need a better-written tutorial guide for when it gets confusing, which it does. This game has one of the worst tutorials of any I've played. There's one other I never figured out, but I didn't enjoy it enough to go to the forums and ask. This one, though, is fun enough to work through that stuff. I just think maybe it could be improved for new players.

[Post New]by dbest38420 on Sep 6, 14 9:38 AM
I'd like the developers to create a way to "buy out" of any part of the game that might "glitch". In this way players wouldn't get stuck and it should be cheaper than starting all over.

Each time I click the fountain it flashes but doesn't open. Because I can't use the snowflake I can't get through anything that task impacts. An ability to buy your way around that glitch would help.

Perhaps an even better idea is to allow the game progress to be saved on the player's computer in a way that deleting and reinstalling the game wouldn't jeopardize the player's progress.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 9:45:32 AM PST

montall
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by montall on Sep 8, 14 10:59 PM
Top of my wish list would be to be able to actually click on that infuriating little conveyor belt thing in the HO scenes and get what you are after, along with occasionally getting the relic piece you want too.

I don't really mind all that much that it is random, being able to collect an item at will would be great but just getting the items in some sort of fair percentage against number of plays would be an improvement. I swear it almost seems like it is geared to stop you getting the item (or relic piece) you want for the longest possible time. Has anyone else noticed how often that revolving item list thing stops just one short of the one you need?

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Sep 9, 14 9:05 AM
montall wrote:Top of my wish list would be to be able to actually click on that infuriating little conveyor belt thing in the HO scenes and get what you are after, along with occasionally getting the relic piece you want too.

I don't really mind all that much that it is random, being able to collect an item at will would be great but just getting the items in some sort of fair percentage against number of plays would be an improvement. I swear it almost seems like it is geared to stop you getting the item (or relic piece) you want for the longest possible time. Has anyone else noticed how often that revolving item list thing stops just one short of the one you need?

Yes I have noticed that scrolling seems to stop 1 or 2 short. I did a stat analysis of the scrolling award bar over the last week and that came up in my analysis. Also -- it takes on average 10 tries (one after another) of a HOS to get a 4 or 5 star item. Which means unless you are really lucky on that random generator -- that is a whole days worth of plays -- if you don't create energy items or energy recovery items.

[Post New]by nursealice on Sep 13, 14 5:41 PM
In addition to many things wished for in the above posts, I would like to see those of us who have gained levels beyond the energy cap be awarded the energy we should have received upon leveling up.

I have gained 3 or 4 levels since reaching 290 in energy and it is extremely frustrating to gain levels and not increase in maximum energy.

Energy is so important to game play and it takes so much energy to get things done that not increasing in energy when you level up makes leveling up almost pointless.

Go to: