Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

Update for PC

[Post New]by bella_01 on Aug 25, 14 3:18 PM
Another update is available for PC

Re:Update for PC

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Aug 25, 14 3:39 PM
Nothing unusual, anyone? I'm "only" on level 30. The higher levels maybe? Bedazzle, keep us posted, will you?

Edited on 08/25/2014 at 4:01:51 PM PST

[Post New]by FishyFlyTyer on Aug 25, 14 3:51 PM
Just got through a round of HOS and was going to check out one of my other games and the new update is here!!! . Downloading now and can't wait to see what the elephants have in store for us this time. . Hope it's as good as the last one was.

HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!!
AVILL

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Aug 25, 14 4:22 PM
FishyFlyTyer Please come back and Tell All!!!!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 25, 14 4:31 PM
I am installing the update, I hope there is something good in it.

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Aug 25, 14 5:09 PM
dylansmom1979 wrote:I am installing the update, I hope there is something good in it.

So far I have found nothing different.

[Post New]by purplelinguist on Aug 25, 14 5:14 PM
The Prisoner's Cage has changed and there look to be new items to craft. Don't see any new achievements or pets and I'm not high enough level to see new areas/HOS's/zoom zones.

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 25, 14 5:16 PM
Nothing different? I was sitting on a quest at the Pirate standard because the item needed was worth 1030 gold... NOW IT IS ONLY WORTH 90 GOLD!

Voilà, a proof that whatever we put on this forum might NOT be a good thing.

Forget about sitting on quests anymore.

Also, what I don't get, is that the price in gold keeps going up and up and up to unlock stuff and all, but a higher level, in this game, doesn't mean we make more gold per HOS or else! Eventually, they will hit a roof and all players will quit. Imagine having to do HOS for months in order to get the gold to unlock something at 50 000 ? Now that we can't sit on quests anymore and knowing they're doing all they can to cut our ways... Sure they want us to spend on their game, but I'll say it again: WRONG strategy used.

In a game, normally, a higher level means better ways or stronger stats... here there's no such thing, so increasing the cost in gold for greed (and because they want their update to last more than a few jours) is just bad for their business.

Edited on 08/25/2014 at 5:18:51 PM PST

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Aug 25, 14 5:18 PM
So far I have found 2 new characters and some new HOS and zoom zones which are once again really beautiful.I can confirm there are no new pets or achievements and there is an AWFUL LOT of crafting to do.

Happy Update everyone

Kindest regards

Bee zz

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Aug 25, 14 5:21 PM
Darn! Wish I had more time to stock up on everything!! This update was fast. Only reached middle of 38 two days ago.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 25, 14 5:26 PM
DecipherWarlord wrote:Nothing different? I was sitting on a quest at the Pirate standard because the item needed was worth 1030 gold... NOW IT IS ONLY WORTH 90 GOLD!

Voilà, a proof that whatever we put on this forum might NOT be a good thing.

If the devs want info about what the players are doing, such as sitting on a quest to earn coins, they don't have to come to the forums to get it. They have access to our data files and can extract all the information they need.

The devs have merely corrected something that they should have corrected when they changed what was needed to open the Bow Figurine, Six Paw, etc.

I was also sitting on a quest for the Astral Protection, gathering coins. I could allow myself to get all hot and bothered by it, but instead I'm going to be glad it took as long as it did before it was corrected and that I was able t gather as many coins as I did due to the devs tardiness.

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 25, 14 5:35 PM
I never sit until recently because I never really thought about checking the price of items gotten.

And I don't see why it HAD to be corrected, they're just cutting our witty ways to get gold... so that we will spend real money with their ridiculous rates.

It's logical that an item that requires 4 or 6 others to get is worth more... It's just greed.

And looking thru our data, for every player to see what we're doing? I think it's easier to let the forum modos read what we write and then report our ways. You think he's just there to keep peace? Nah, too easy. He's also there to report stuff we write. Else, why would games have forums? Some of you will say it's for friendship to create a community... error! It's business guys, business and the forum is used for that too.

Edited on 08/25/2014 at 5:37:50 PM PST

[Post New]by Ice_Dragon1 on Aug 25, 14 5:38 PM
Well Said TiramaSue.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 25, 14 6:07 PM
Great update so far, I got to quest 1260 and so far only spent 100,000 coins. I took a little break and will see how much more coins I can spend, I have 250,000 coins so I should have enough coins but the inventory is starting to run low. Below is what the update includes

A new version of Midnight Castle (PC) is now available on the website. This update includes:

2 new characters
4 new HOPs
6 new zoom zones
120+ quests

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Aug 25, 14 6:11 PM
DecipherWarlord wrote:I never sit until recently because I never really thought about checking the price of items gotten.

And I don't see why it HAD to be corrected, they're just cutting our witty ways to get gold... so that we will spend real money with their ridiculous rates.

It's logical that an item that requires 4 or 6 others to get is worth more... It's just greed.

And looking thru our data, for every player to see what we're doing? I think it's easier to let the forum modos read what we write and then report our ways. You think he's just there to keep peace? Nah, too easy. He's also there to report stuff we write. Else, why would games have forums? Some of you will say it's for friendship to create a community... error! It's business guys, business and the forum is used for that too.

The people in the forum represent a very small proportion of those playing the game.

The devs don't have to read everybody's data files. They are programmers. All they need to do is write a program to track what people sell for coins.

Yes, items that take 4-6 other items to get should be worth more. That is why they are worth 90 coins, a worth similar to other objects that come out of zoom zones that require 4-6 items to open.

They were first valued much higher because we had to use very expensively crafted items to open the Bow Figurine, Pirate Standard, Six Paw, and Bag. Perhaps you weren't playing back in the old Bow Figurine Days. You might want to check the last pages of the strategy guide (link can be found in the sticky thread Helpful Links for Midnight Castle) to see how much it used to cost to get that 850 coin item.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 25, 14 6:18 PM
tazruby?? what level you on??
your post reads like you are talking about the other update not this one today.???
I am on 38 and the new *update or so called update * I found nothing new.
So am left wondering what was added??? what was fixed???
I did every HOS and found nothing changed so angain???????????????

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 25, 14 7:48 PM
Beginning of level 40 , quest 1278 and 155 / 3200 XP

So far used rough estimate.
145,000 gold coins
12 unique stamps
80 unusual stamps
20 rare stamps
140 plain stamps

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Aug 25, 14 8:17 PM
Any noticeable difference in the social page? faster? (hopes)

How about pet food, any more dropping?

Any increase in coins earned from hos or crafting? is the red X still there?

Has anyone noticed any other problems fixed? Or do you think the update is content only?

TY

TheSinful1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by TheSinful1 on Aug 25, 14 8:24 PM
Granted I am only level 20 but I have not seen any improvement in the drop rates or any other performance improvement. Looks like content only. Thanks devs for not listening to us...Makes me very sad

geniemc
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by geniemc on Aug 25, 14 9:08 PM
Diva: Nothing about the social page has changed. I still cannot receive gifts or use my wish list. Have had this problem since before the last update; so, no, they have not done anything to improve on this. Was hoping a new update would fix this, but not so.

Go to: