Please post your REVIEWS for Family Vacation 2: Road Trip here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 26, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 5:37:56 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Family Vacation 2: Road Trip here

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 26, 14 5:38 AM
Your character arrives at the home of a family preparing for vacation. You play, apparently, a servant-like role, and everyone in the family begins ordering you around. Your tasks include things like putting dirty laundry in a hamper for one spoiled child and packing the suitcase of another because, as he tells you, he is too "busy" texting a friend to do it himself.

The story is accompanied by the sounds of guitar music on an extremely short loop and grating voice overs that are overly cheerful (mom) or annoyingly spoiled (kids). Atmospheric sounds included a random dog barking noise. There was also an irritating flute trill when I found something in a HOS. I ended up turning all of it off.

The HOS are pretty easy except that I sometimes had to click something multiple times for the game to recognize I had found it. HOS are mostly straight list finds except there is one item on the list with a puzzle piece next to it. Clicking on this reveals a few more items to find shown as silhouettes. The hint button takes two minutes to refill and it only works in HOS. When I used it in a HOS it kept indicating a "hidden" area in the scene whether anything on my list was in that area or not. I didn't come across a single puzzle but, admittedly, I couldn't play the game for an entire hour.

Game play consists almost entirely of HOS with a very minimal inventory-collection component. The inventory button is disguised as a camper. To use something in it you first need to click it to select it and then click a little hand button to use it. The hint button is the red car and the menu button is hidden behind a small wood panel in the upper left corner.

Because of the game's description I was hoping for a charming family-oriented game full of fun puzzles and HOS. Instead, I found this game very boring. Most kids I know don't want to clean their own room so why this developer thought they'd be amused by being highhandedly ordered to clean someone else's is beyond me. I certainly was not. The boring story along with an almost useless hint button with a two minute refill, a weird UI, and a terrible soundtrack made this a no-buy for me.

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Aug 26, 14 5:38 AM
Good morning!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Family Vacation 2: Road Trip here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Family Vacation 2: Road Trip .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Aug 26, 14 2:03 PM
Really tedious game. I really don't care for games with relentless HO's.

magmitch
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by magmitch on Aug 26, 14 6:03 PM
mtvoyager wrote:Really tedious game. I really don't care for games with relentless HO's.

Have to agree. Only made it ten minutes, then uninstall!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Aug 26, 14 7:38 PM
Has this been the week for old tired games? Huh? So boring! I don't remember such a week as this. Whew, can't wait till next week.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Loof on Aug 27, 14 7:14 AM
Could they make the custom cursor anymore hideous!

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Aug 27, 14 10:33 AM
No way is this a newly developed game. It has the smell of a recycled, previously abandoned project from years ago. I can only imagine that the glowing 5 Star rating at the other review site was by one of the company's employees.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 27, 14 1:53 PM
I sometimes enjoy just straight HOG games. You can do a screen or two at a time and come back later. I didn't like the first FAMILY VACATION but thought I'd at least try this one. Nope. Boring, tedious, no buy for me.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 29, 14 9:01 PM
Annoying voice overs, pointless photo ops, more bugs thn an ant hill! this game locks up at the slightest excuse, do something out of sequence , game freezes , forget a small detail the game freezes, sneeze, the game freezes. Don't waste your money.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Aug 30, 14 5:31 PM
OK.... I LOVE and DON'T LIKE this game at same time! Reason I LOVE this game is because I really, really have to use my brain. I played on hardest level with no hints and no skips on puzzle. I really feel like I am getting my money's worth! Some hidden objects are really hard to find. And there are hidden objects to find within hidden objects! On this level it is not easy to find out what your next objective is. I do NOT like any kind of hand holding and this game in the hardest level has none! So, it is great. I skipped tutorial. Puzzles are hard and long, but again, I like those because I am getting my money's worth. Hate games where the puzzles are way too easy.

Okay, why I DON't LIKE the game. The whole premise is that I am coming a person (nanny/maid/slave?) in to help the family. I am a female, so I guess I felt like the nanny/maid. Countless times I am told the family is too busy to clean their room, etc., so I am told "Judy, pick up laundry" or "Judy pick up garbage", etc. because the kids have to text someone or just too busy. But then it goes on and on. "Judy pick up kids' laundry" and "Judy pick up recyclables." Even late at night mom is in camper and I am supposed to entertain kids with shadow puppets because dad said he did that when he was a kid, but, NOOOOO, he doesn't want to teach his kids this, he has ME do it instead! AND THEN, remember the storyline is two parents and two kids, I am supposed to find FOUR helmets to go whitewater rafting. Hmm.... no helmet for me, but I am supposed to find the family their helmets! Maybe just once, but then ranger rewards the family for finding all the trash (oh, ME!!! since I found it all!!) but the family gets four tickets (so I don't get one!!) to go on a free tour, but family does.nothing. If the family was participating in doing their own work/finding items/cleaning up, them this would be much better.

I did buy this game with the coupon code and do like it, but it is soooo agravatting to be someone's maid/slave, etc. I am not a person who really cares about storyline, but, every, every game, "judy pick up trash", "Judy pick up kid's clothes", "judy pick up this and that."

BeansNtoast
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by BeansNtoast on Sep 1, 14 8:58 AM
Judy, love your review.

Now go pick up the trash!

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Sep 1, 14 4:17 PM
Thanks Beans! And there was a scene where it was pouring outside and family went into camper and I had to pick up their items! Pouring, storming, and I was trying to find all their items they left outside! And I had to fix a broken car while they went and ate at a diner because they volunteered me to help! And when I finished and got back to diner, they said to get something to go because we had to leave! And when mom "made" fish stew (I did all cooking!!), they thanked Mom!!! I did finish the game and did like the hardness, but was annoyed by the "Judy, give me this" etc. If you play game, please check out the posting about the Grand Canyon gift shop. I played this game twice because I did get stuck in the gift shop. SPOILER: Do dad's list BEFORE you help kids.

[Post New]by cougarsmate on Sep 5, 14 6:37 PM
I like the game but wish that there was an objectives list. I sometimes could not figure out what to do or where to go. I started over once to figure out the keys in the garage. Unlike some I never listen to sound tracks as they make me nervous. I just leave the sound off. That may be why I got lost. cougarsmate

pmb69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by pmb69 on Sep 17, 14 9:40 AM
magmitch wrote:
mtvoyager wrote:Really tedious game. I really don't care for games with relentless HO's.

Have to agree. Only made it ten minutes, then uninstall!

pmb69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by pmb69 on Sep 17, 14 10:05 AM
i am stuck in the camper with a spatular,spoon,knife and manual grocery still on table BARB SAYING NOTHING but !yes can i help you'' i;ve replayed the game four times to thisa point i am tired of the game. IF BF can't get me out of the camper to another level i want a refund PLEASE!

pmb69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by pmb69 on Sep 22, 14 4:39 PM
I got the spatular,knife and spoon to work now i;m stuck with the trailor manual no gears to show me how to open the book . i have gone over the camper NOTHING!!
i want to move on.

BeansNtoast
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by BeansNtoast on Sep 25, 14 11:13 AM
you need to use the trailer manual from inventory and click it on the table top.

[Post New]by chantal_purple on Oct 5, 14 6:31 PM
I find there are alot of clitches in this game, they do not repeat comands, so if you dont hear or read it, your screw.

Go to: