Please post your TECH ISSUES for Family Vacation 2: Road Trip here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 26, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 5:37:32 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Family Vacation 2: Road Trip here

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Aug 26, 14 5:39 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 26, 14 6:30 AM
Hey All,

I had a problem almost immediately when I needed to get the house key from the "Inventory" in the trailer. The game froze. Music kept playing but I couldn't get the key, exit from the trailer, exit the game - nothing. I finally had to exit the game through Task Manager. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it and no problems.

Then, in the attack, when I had to "fix the window", I missed what mom said about it. I clicked on mom - no help. I clicked on "fix the window" - no help. Everything else was finished so I clicked on the SUV "hint" button and it directed me to a large chest. But what to do? Tried keys - nothing. Because you have to complete all tasks before you leave the room/area, I had to quit the game.

Not a purchase for me.

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Aug 26, 14 8:29 AM
It not god, i bye the game, but until now i have 4 glits. By the water couldent put patch on boat, and now in the camper cant cut the bread, so i think there are some trouble with this game. Sad sad because i like the first one but this one is making me mad.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Aug 26, 14 3:56 PM
Played the entire demo without a glitch. Went to purchase via a free game credit I earned, activated the game, and began playing where I left off. All seemed to be running fine until I got to the part where dad wanted me to finish his computer match 3 game. At that point the game froze. I could not even exit the game until I pressed my control and alt keys together to bring up the 'task manager' and then exited the game. Did this 4 times, with each time the game still freezing up at that same point. I then restarted my computer and tried again to play the game, yet still the same problem.

Now I just wasted a free game credit I earned on this game for nothing. Sounds like others are also having the same similar issues, only at different parts of the game progress.

What now? I'm going to have to delete this game, but will I be reissued another game credit?

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 3:57:45 PM PST

[Post New]by cathobri3 on Aug 26, 14 4:43 PM
I am in the gift shop and have given the children their money to purchase stuff. After helping the girl not go over the budget the screen went back to the store and then nothing. The hint button does nothing. If I click on the people they eventually disappear. nothing happens. It just sits there.

SO I made a new profile and started again. This time I got the tent sent up for dad and the game just stopped, will not move on to the next part of the game.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Aug 26, 14 5:48 PM
I am having same problem as "mrm2006" with fixing the window and hint button showing me to go to chest where it does nothing!! HELP!! with only 6min.of demo left because I spent 20min. trying to figure out what was I doing wrong!! grrrrrr

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 26, 14 10:27 PM
Several fishies are having problem in the Grand Canyon gift shop , please get the aquarium gurus to check out this issue

[Post New]by hoover4368 on Aug 27, 14 6:27 AM
cant cut the bread?HELP!!

BeansNtoast
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by BeansNtoast on Aug 27, 14 10:48 AM
hoover4368, You have to use the bread knife that you have in inventory on the bread which is on the table.

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Aug 27, 14 12:29 PM
To beansNtoast
I have the knive and the bread but everytime i try the knive just go back in the camper, so i think there is a glitc, i have the same problems several other places in the game so i hope they will fix it

BeansNtoast
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by BeansNtoast on Aug 27, 14 12:42 PM
Trolde: so you have Barb requesting you cut the bread as an action request at the top of the screen and then you use the knife from inventory and click it on the bread and nothing happens?

[Post New]by hoover4368 on Aug 27, 14 1:05 PM
yes that's the same thing that happens to me...troide

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 1:06:20 PM PST

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Aug 27, 14 2:24 PM
Yes beansNtoast ! ! ! Barb is on the top and nothing happend, the puzzle wheel dont pop up. I have now play the game several time deletet it and install it so many time and now i having trouble with the patch on the boat, knive in the kitchen, so now i am so mad i have deletet the game. I'ts not working so i hope BFG will look at all the replyes in here and fix it. If the dont do that i will require my money back why bye a game that is so bad and full of glitch in the hole game GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 27, 14 3:53 PM
keep trying, it took me several attempts to find the "Sweet spot" that enabled me to complete the actions, patch the boat, cut the bread etc.

[Post New]by luvnangelCA on Aug 28, 14 11:38 AM
I too am having problems in the Grand Canyon gift shop. This is after I've had problems with fixing the window! This game has a lot of issues that need help. In the gift shop I'm not getting a shopping list at all from Karen. I tried closing the game and going back in several times and that doesn't work. Help please

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 28, 14 7:12 PM
re the gift shop, don't give both children the money and then start the list, do it 1 child at a time , $20,to girl, complete her list, then $20 to boy, complete his list . I did this after completing Stan's list

Alarm

[Post New]by cjmo32158 on Aug 28, 14 7:43 PM
I'm trying to set the alarm before leaving on the trip. I can't push the buttons. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Aug 28, 14 8:11 PM
This game is full of bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my previous post two days ago regarding this game, I decided to delete my original game profile and start with a new one. That seemed to work up to a point.

This time, I was able to make it a little farther... to the shadow puppet game, then once again, the game froze and I had to do the 'ctrl alt' button to bring up the task bar and close the game. When I restarted the game, the shadow puppet part in the game won't function at all now... no more flashlight, and still freezes up!

This is very frustrating, and the computer I'm playing the game on, is less than six months old... so new with all new drivers etc. It is also a gaming machine, built especially for games. I am not about to waste more time in recreating new profiles, only to keep starting from the beginning of the game, only allowing me to advance a step or two farther along in the progression of same, before freezing up again, and also find in game objects magically disappearing!

Guess I'm now off to email BF for a credit resolution. In the meantime I will be deleting the game from my computer altogether, which is a shame, since it looked like a cute game to play... sigh. I gave it a fair shot, and tried to resolve the issue myself, but without success. So many people are having problems as well.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 8:13:51 PM PST

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Aug 29, 14 10:39 AM
To cjmo32158
Have you remember to close the garage door, before you set the alarm. When you have close that you can set the alarm. as i remember the code is 92932, hope that will help you.

Go to: