bfgVaiya
2,557 Posts

Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 26, 14 11:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Midnight Castle Help. Using Midnight Castle Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Specifically, the article below has helped many people playing the Android version of Midnight Castle:
Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy Pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support Team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Midnight Castle Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team HERE.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what device you are playing the game on, so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 11:22:27 AM PST

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by misspiggythe1st on Aug 27, 14 12:32 PM
I have downloaded the Android version twice now, last night and again in the last 15 minutes. Both times I have received a game which is being played by ann, friend code a65, who is on level 14. I tried signing in with Facebook but it did not change anything. I was able to play a game for her, collect flowers and change her name (I changed it back again).

I am using a Gemini tablet, model GEM10313BK

bfgVaiya
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 28, 14 3:01 PM
Hey misspiggythe1st

That's definitely a strange issue to come across! Please contact Tech Support HERE with the details of the issue, and one of our Reps will be happy to help get you started on your own game.

bfgVaiya

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Aug 28, 14 3:18 PM
Is there an actual "exit" button in the Android version or do you just back out? I couldn't find one in my exploring.

[Post New]by misspiggythe1st on Aug 30, 14 6:56 AM
bfgVaiya - Tech Support contacted today - 30th August.

mizelle - I'd like that question answered too. I couldn't find an exit button either and just backed out.

[Post New]by misspiggythe1st on Sep 2, 14 12:00 PM
This is the reply I've just received - very disappointed - seems like an automated response - in my opinion having someone else's game on my tablet AND being able to play it deserves a bit more attention - have replied.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 09/03/2014 at 1:46:50 PM PST

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Sep 6, 14 7:27 PM
Okay, I'm experiencing a major error -- every time I go into the Android app for the first time, that first HO or gifting/friending attempt will crash and then restart. It's not so bad with the HOs because it lets me back in and I can redo the scene and it's fine. For the gifting, I've had three Polestars people have gifted get lost in the ether because it crashed immediately afterwards!

[Post New]by mztink03 on Sep 11, 14 9:23 AM
I am playing on a Kindle HDX and the game won't let me connect to Facebook. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[Post New]by AprilRose2571 on Sep 14, 14 7:31 AM
Having the most frustrating problems ever! Not only do I have trouble with connection to server problems and I never get the coin for picking flowers, but now every time I try to play the game, I get kicked out. I have put way too much money into the game for this to keep happening. At first I thought this was a great game I got to play for free and that turned out to be a false flag! I keep buying diamonds and coin and when the game does not pay up for achieved goals, that is frustrating but this problem of not being able to access the game is worst of all! Please help fix these issues.

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 14, 14 7:40 AM
no help yet. I've been waiting almost a week now. uninstalled 3 times. Don't have access to the update even with the open app check for updates. The update link is just broken. I get a message that says quit or try again. "try again" does not work. It is a good game but the cursor problems and the update problems.......

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Sep 19, 14 9:14 AM
Is there a way to take the Facebook option off, I am not a Facebook fan and it stopped me moving on in the game because I wouldn't tap it?.
Worse still I couldn't get into the pets or stamps part of my inventory and I decided to uninstall....
WO is me the game has forgotten me, my level everything and is starting from scratch when I start the game again. I will go in again for third time but if its still the same I will have to wait on tech. I have just started putting money into this against my better judgement way to much for just the last few days. I feel very tearful to say the least. My five babies need me.......
I eventually realised I have to fill in my details again and on my tablet that is never easy. It won't let me take player out, grrrrrrrr!

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 11:59:24 AM PST

[Post New]by lilredhood on Oct 5, 14 8:44 PM
why does the game keep crashing in the middle of a hos scene? it is random when it crashes you lose the items that you get then you never know where you will be placed back into the game. sometimes the game will reset itself and sometimes i have to reset my tablet.

DragonRhia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by DragonRhia on Oct 8, 14 1:14 PM
lilredhood wrote:why does the game keep crashing in the middle of a hos scene? it is random when it crashes you lose the items that you get then you never know where you will be placed back into the game. sometimes the game will reset itself and sometimes i have to reset my tablet.

I'm playing on a kindle fire hdx. I have already looked through the support links so to answer those support link questions.....

I have no other programs/apps running and this is what is happening; this can happen at any time during game play (there seems to be no pattern); it doesn't matter if I back out of the game to my kindle homepage or just shut the kindle off for a period of time; I usually play it about 30-45 minutes at a time (this should answer most of the support questions or technical questions,etc.) ...... at any random time my game stops then reconnects to the big fish icon and reopens the game. I can lose anywhere from 1 to 3 hos that I just completed and I can lose any coins I earned from finding flowers, I can also lose items I've crafted.

Can support give some other advice than what is already in the support links please?

[Post New]by Nikiei on Oct 15, 14 1:34 PM
Probably a really silly question but I have midnight castle
loaded on the Ipad which I'm part way through just loaded
on to my phone how do I connect my account to play the
same game thats on my Ipad? I'm not on bookface and please
don't say that I have to be to do this! I've tried to find the
answer but have failed in the quest!

DragonRhia
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by DragonRhia on Oct 25, 14 12:27 PM
To whomever may actually respond to this......I am adding onto my original post of a week or so ago about my kindle rebooting in the middle of a hos.

I play on my kindle fire and have noticed that if I go after the morphing flowers my game will almost always reboot itself (or shut down and restart) in the middle of a hos. When I leave those darned things alone my game is only occasionally rebooting and only when I'm in the winter garden area. Anybody else having similar issues?

During this reboot I lose anywhere from 1 to 3 hos that I've completed, all the items earned and all the coins earned from the hos and from the morphing flowers. I've also experienced the loss of a gift from a friend which really ticked me off more than ever because I could have completed a quest at the time it happened - which set me back a day. I also lose any recent items I've crafted and have lost free spin items on the wheel too. And...I don't necessarily get the same items when I redo the hos. I have been noting that when the hos gave 4 items before - after the reboot it only gives 3 and it often gives me something different than what it just gave me. Sometimes I need those original items.

I was also reading android user's concerns of not being able to close the game and wondering if this might be affecting all this. There is no way to shut the game off except for backing out of it and I think it continues to run. I've noted about 3 days when the game actually shut itself off when I backed out of it and every other time it doesn't. I'm guessing this might contribute?

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Nov 12, 14 11:39 AM
Guards' Room HOS in the Cloud City Prison.

I have found the following glitch. There is a an oil lamp with a shade to the left of the scene. If an object is located on that shade it will not show. You can click on it and it will appear and get checked off the list but it is completely invisible.

Gonzo

bfgVaiya
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 13, 14 11:34 AM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see these issues are coming up! Please contact Tech Support HERE and our Reps will be happy to troubleshoot with you. We really want to make sure the game is running smoothly for everyone

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Nov 24, 14 5:18 PM
Game cut outs

I'm having the same problem as DragonRhia and others. I'm playing on a kindle fire and the game just cuts out randomly, at least twice a day. When it reopens, I've lost HOS progress and so much more. Michael at BFG Support suggested many things, but nothing has worked and THIS IS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATING. I've lost so much progress, unique stamps, gifts, dice role winnings, Fortune Wheel prizes ... When are you going to help us? Please! Thanks.

bfgWaimea
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 25, 14 4:09 PM
Hi ReallyHelpless,

I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to try to troubleshoot a game - especially if nothing seems to be working. For technical issues with the game, we recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team so that we can provide the most customized help possible. As you can see, this game is played on many different computers and devices, so it's just not possible to troubleshoot the game on every single device via the Forums or via our Help pages.

If you're currently working with one of our Technical Support reps, the best thing to do would be to continue working with them.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that you're able to play the game again in the future.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by claire_lou28 on Nov 26, 14 10:48 AM
Hi all. I'm playing on a kindle fire hd and my only issue is I cannot get any friends to share gifts supplies etc. Each time I search for people's game id I get "no matches found" is this an issue with android and is anyone else having the same issue? My id is a147285 :-)

Go to: