Please post your TECH ISSUES for Green City: Go South here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Aug 27, 14 12:39 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 5:28:21 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Green City: Go South here

[Post New]by tommybeck on Aug 27, 14 2:32 AM
The game freezes or crashes on my PC. Running Windows 8.1 with all updates.

[Post New]by SallyJane13 on Aug 27, 14 3:08 AM
I am getting gray lines from the menu box to the house that I build. I uninstalled the game and installed the game again with the same results.
I'm running on Windows 7.

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 8:48:21 AM PST

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Aug 27, 14 5:29 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

[Post New]by jjsweetsheila35 on Aug 27, 14 6:10 AM
tommybeck wrote:The game freezes or crashes on my PC. Running Windows 8.1 with all updates.

[Post New]by jjsweetsheila35 on Aug 27, 14 6:12 AM
jjsweetsheila35 wrote:
tommybeck wrote:The game freezes or crashes on my PC. Running Windows 8.1 with all updates.

tommybeck:, I am running Windows 8.1 also and I haven't had any trouble with the game. I have been had the game for about a month now, It was on ****.com first and that's where I got mine from, but I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Aug 27, 14 6:24 AM
Mine worked fine until level 5 then the menu list kept opening and it froze and crashed when I tried to restart the level.

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Aug 28, 14 1:28 PM
SallyJane13 wrote:I am getting gray lines from the menu box to the house that I build. I uninstalled the game and installed the game again with the same results.

I'm getting an annoying flashing line from the task box area to the middle of the screen.
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't fix it.

[Post New]by Cristianas on Aug 29, 14 12:03 PM
Mine crashed my computer when I was over level 40. When I returned, I had to start it again from level 1. I am using Windows 7. Why would I change my settings for a game which was working for 40+ levels? So right now, besides the fact that I have to go through all the struggle back to where I was, I am not even sure that this will not happen again. I said this and I keep saying it: a game is supposed to relax you, not to annoy you with technical issues or any other issues. If the developers team doesn't know, there are games testers and they should use them on different platforms and under different circumstances and fix the bugs BEFORE they release a game they want money for.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 30, 14 4:45 PM
My game is having a problem with starting up. Its not the most major issue, but it is puzzling. Whenever I click Play from the games manager (or I suppose however I do it) the game takes about 3 -5 full minutes to start up.

So then each time, I start questioning my sanity & I'll retry but get the error message that a game is already running.

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Aug 30, 14 4:50 PM
SallyJane13 wrote:I am getting gray lines from the menu box to the house that I build. I uninstalled the game and installed the game again with the same results.

Same here with WIN 7 Pro x64 LVK. I found it annoying but harmless. I think it is a "feature".

Edited on 08/30/2014 at 4:51:29 PM PST

[Post New]by sadtomato on Aug 31, 14 11:54 AM
If I pick up an item (house, park, whatever) and then realize I picked up the wrong one or changed my mind, I can not put the item back down. I have to restart the level.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on a mac.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Sep 5, 14 1:25 AM
I'm experiencing a rather strange bug. For some reason, after playing on one profile, when I change to another profile and start a level, I am unable to hire any workers and have to shut down the game and reload it in order to play properly. :?

[Post New]by Traci498 on Sep 6, 14 12:43 PM
Im having the same problem as sad tomato. If I pick up a house or anything and realize it wont fit I can't go back I have to restart.

[Post New]by rputnamnc on Sep 7, 14 8:08 AM
sadtomato wrote:If I pick up an item (house, park, whatever) and then realize I picked up the wrong one or changed my mind, I can not put the item back down. I have to restart the level.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on a mac.

Try right-clicking. That drops the item and brings the item menu back for me.

Go to: