DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Are you kidding BFG???

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Aug 27, 14 12:19 PM
I can't believe how BAD this game is.....I would feel better if it was advertised as being the 'before' and the current games as the 'after' .... it is SO slow ...well I don't know what else to say other than don't waste your time D/L this game... it should not have been offered to us...

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Are you kidding BFG???

[Post New]by JulieJay on Aug 27, 14 12:55 PM
I've seen a lot worse than this and as it's away from the most common of cutesy games, I think it may be quite popular. It's an SE game not hyped up to be something it's not.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

Are you kidding BFG???

[Post New]by 1357wc on Aug 27, 14 11:04 PM
DebbieAnnie wrote:I can't believe how BAD this game is.....I would feel better if it was advertised as being the 'before' and the current games as the 'after' .... it is SO slow ...well I don't know what else to say other than don't waste your time D/L this game... it should not have been offered to us...

I found the game quite interesting for a SE and the majority of people also did. I guess this just isn't your cup of tea. I would tell people to D/L the game, try it, then make their decision

Edited on 08/27/2014 at 11:06:24 PM PST

hiramsmom
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by hiramsmom on Aug 28, 14 9:37 AM
Sorry I have to agree... This looked to be interesting but........there are a ton of mistakes like a tube for a pipe (smoking) a squirrel that is really a red fox a zipper that is a lightening bolt I'm glad there is no timer or penalty for miss-clicks. I'm stuck in the hospital hallway in the cabinet. The last thing I need to find is a lighter!!! well the hint says it's the thing on the back wall that looks like an intercom. What am I supposed to do with it?????????????? Anybody have an idea??????

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Sep 3, 14 8:27 PM
No joke. I haven't seen a game this BAD in a LONG time. I lost track of the number of mis-named items in the hidden object scenes. And as for the "interactive" items in the hidden object scenes, would some gears or something to tell us WHERE have been too frikken much trouble? Instead we are left clicking randomly and fruitlessly all over the ****** screen hoping something happens. NOT cool.

And how about some instructions in the mini games? Some of the mini games had absolutely NO instructions AT ALL! What? I'm just supposed to pull the instructions out of the ether? Read your obviously non-existent minds? Getting REALLY tired of insufficient (or in this case totally LACKING) instructions for mini games.

As far as I am concerned this game is a complete dud. A big fat D. The only the reason it didn't get an F was I enjoyed the story line - which they actually did a moderately adequate job on, culturally.

Firehorse

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 5, 14 10:04 AM
I am playing this game now and am enjoying it, yes it's slow but that's what I need at the moment. It's the end of my working week which has been hell, my kittens have decided to bury the mice they find in my bed and a short while ago a spider surfed out of my printer "riding the waves" on a piece of paper so I definitely needed something slow.

The story line is different and interesting so the game's pace is just about right for me today. The music is perfect for this game. I also like the slow motion cut scenes as they increase the suspense of what you are going to see next but if the game wants to scare me more they will have to top the "surfing spider".

And the only reason I came on here is to find out if there's a walkthrough because I am stuck.

Roll on tomorrow as I will probably be raring for a CE that's "fast and furious" and I don't care if there is a helper, animal, robot, dragon, whatever (but not a giggling fairy please) I just want a helper as I will probably need it.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Sep 7, 14 9:40 PM
hiramsmom wrote:Sorry I have to agree... This looked to be interesting but........there are a ton of mistakes like a tube for a pipe (smoking) a squirrel that is really a red fox a zipper that is a lightening bolt I'm glad there is no timer or penalty for miss-clicks. I'm stuck in the hospital hallway in the cabinet. The last thing I need to find is a lighter!!! well the hint says it's the thing on the back wall that looks like an intercom. What am I supposed to do with it?????????????? Anybody have an idea??????

The thing on the back wall that looks like an intercom is actually a wall safe. Look in the cupboard the lower right and you will see four numbers. Click on those numbers on the safe (tiny but there) the safe will open and you will have your lighter.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 9, 14 12:26 AM
I am another person enjoying the game, and when I finish, might write a review to counter all the negative ones.

Yes it is not perfect, but it is an SE, and I got it with a coupon.
Yes, there are more mistakes in the English than I usually see, but I gave up tearing my hair out at things like that a while ago.....the games are made in a non-English speaking country and they are put out to a lot of countries whose main language is not English....besides, once you figure out what they actually MEANT, it is like having an addition to the game!
lol!

But, if you are really so upset by the mistakes, ask for a refund and see what happens. I figure this company might not be big enough to afford hiring a better translator, but maybe it will get some kind of action on your problem.
If nothing else, you get the satisfaction of having your money back.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Sep 11, 14 7:18 PM
No, it's horrible! And the end is in sight, all I've got left is the 4 meteorite stones, or maybe I only have 3, and Helen? is telling me to use the amulet on her, and the hint says to use the amulet on her, and try as I might, it just bounces back! Grrr!

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Sep 25, 14 2:26 PM
This is a horrible game and I use the word game very loosely here. I was finally able to get the lighter but only after punching in 8930 many, many times on the keypad which I assume is a safe. This game is very slow and as someone else pointed out there are no instructions for most of the mini-games.

Meandy

[Post New]by ford09 on Sep 26, 14 3:16 AM
I agree game is slow, but I cant see all the words to find the ice is in the way, then have trouble picking things up from my invertory cant go any further because of this ,Game has a few faults BF

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Sep 28, 14 6:32 AM
I finally have that soul medallion filled but had forgotten to pick up one so had to go all the way back to the bus driver. Now I cannot figure out how to get to that final scene or I guess it is the final scene. I can't find a map but maybe there isn't one. Does anyone know if there is a map? I just keep getting a message that there is nothing else to do here and to try elsewhere but I can't seem to find elsewhere as I keep ending up in the same place no matter where I try to go.

[Post New]by JoAnjel on Jan 12, 15 4:18 PM
The game is a very good one and I admit I had problems with it myself but I persevered because I liked it and wanted to see what the end would be. So I'm not certain if this will help you any but it did me a world of good. I had to restart the game 3 times because of frozen scenes, and not being able to use items in my inventory. On the third try I went to the menu and then options and unchecked full screen. The screen is a little smaller but everything is visible now where as it was cut off before. I was able to complete the game.

Go to: