gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

All in Favor of 100 + coins per HO scene voice your opinion here. Or submit other ideas

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Aug 27, 14 7:41 PM
Since the Mods take this info to the developers, those that would like to voice your opinion about a coin upgrade now, ( or perhaps when the game gets to the higher levels) just sign here. They heard us when the Broken Statue scene was blank and they fixed it. Let's let them know how we, the PLAYERS feel about it. NO one should be made to spend real cash on a FREE to PLAY game.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 6:28:14 AM PST

TheSinful1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:All in Favor of 100 coins per HO scene voice your opinion here.

[Post New]by TheSinful1 on Aug 27, 14 8:19 PM
Yes, please!!

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Aug 27, 14 8:25 PM
Signing in.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 27, 14 8:27 PM
If they did that, everything else would go up also. They have already lowered the value of some items that previously had high resale value...just to keep us from sitting on quests to fill our coffers. They really do want us to spend mo moneh...those who can, may do so, or may not. Those who can't, won't anyway.

Rebel with a cause...just because

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Aug 27, 14 8:45 PM
You seem to forget they want to make money with their game. It is a base free game, but with advantages that costs money.

This being said, they have to alter their strategy and since they made sure we can't sell items anymore to make coins, your idea could be a good concession... but:

Those of high level only should get 100 gold per HOS, like from level 30 you get 100 gold per HOS. It would be a way to show that a higher level has an advantage on a lower one, like in normal games. Plus, things don't cost as much when you're low level, so an increase as such for high level players would be logical and wouldn't break the devs wish for purchase from players.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Aug 28, 14 12:49 AM
I am in favor of ANYTHING that would be "a Bonus" for a player......I don't think it would be half as bad to do HOS over and over, IF... I got a bonus for "time served".....
The way things are now players are leaving as fast as they can.....I don't know if it's a solution but it sure couldn't hurt esp at the higher $$$ levels.....the DEVs need to retain someone, new players are simply not staying, (nor the older ones now.)...I know, I know it's a FTP based game etc.

[Post New]by Billybadass4018 on Aug 28, 14 12:56 AM
I would be happy if they upped the gold earned. I know they're trying to make money but it is ridiculous how little gold we earn vs. how much we have to spend on the game.

laran
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by laran on Aug 28, 14 3:26 AM
yes! signing in

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Aug 28, 14 4:08 AM
that gets my vote along with a 30 min turn round on revisiting HOS scenes

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Aug 28, 14 4:11 AM
Someone had a great idea in another thread. Once you've completed a HOS so many times, say a 1000, then the coins rise to 75 and then say 3000 times they rise to 100 coins and so on. Thus the players on higher levels who need more coins will be the ones getting them. I think that's a wicked idea

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Aug 28, 14 4:34 AM
If this is taken to the developer perhaps they should realise they are going the wrong way about encouraging players to invest in their game!

As it is they are encouraging players to leave - is that really want they want? The thought of having to go to one HOS 30 times (I believe I read) for one quest chills me. I am not sure I will want to do that when I get there.

So yes I add my tiny (but it can get VERY loud on occasion!) voice to the others here!

Also agree with FudgeChi's post, darn good idea.

Elephants - you need to encourage us to stay NOT push us into leaving!

Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Aug 28, 14 5:14 AM
I really like FudgeChi's idea. Great thinking.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Aug 28, 14 5:19 AM
Andru1535 wrote:I really like FudgeChi's idea. Great thinking.

I can't take the credit, it was someone else who thought of it in another thread but it's such a good idea.

If that's not possible then more coins at certain levels would be the next best thing and also a few more coins for levelling up when it's coin turn because 100 coins is a bit of an insult

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

[Post New]by bayouguy on Aug 28, 14 6:33 AM
First, I vote for 100 coins per HOS

cynththemoler wrote:As it is they are encouraging players to leave - is that really want they want?

Second, yes, that's exactly what they want IMO. They can't possibly support this game for, say, 50 years, so they have to make a game that appears to be FTP and "eternal".

They have the FTP part. I can vouch for that. Except, for certain moments of impatience, I have been playing since February without any cash input. Many of us have been playing since before that.

Now, how do they accomplish the "eternal" or open-ended part? They issue these mini-updates until they find the outer limit where players do start to drop out of their own free will.

Mission accomplished. They have a game that is FTP yet produces money and open-ended but they no longer have to support it with updates.

Think about it, don't just knee jerk reject the idea.

Gonzo

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 6:35:25 AM PST

Re:All in Favor of 100 + coins per HO scene voice your opinion here. Or submit other ideas

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 28, 14 7:11 AM
I agree with DecipherWarlord and FudgeChi, there should be incremental increases in the coin output. That only makes sense, the higher levels are costlier so therefore the reward should be greater.

Gonzo, you certainly make a sound case, but the polyanna in me just doesn't want to believe that each successive update is intentionally designed to syphon off more and more players until updating the game is no longer viable. I truly hope this isn't the case.

bayouguy
Clownfish
Clownfish
815 Posts

Re:All in Favor of 100 + coins per HO scene voice your opinion here. Or submit other ideas

[Post New]by bayouguy on Aug 28, 14 7:38 AM
I don't mean to burst your bubble and I don't want to seem so cynical, but it is a money game. That's the society that we all live in and, for the most part, prosper by.

We can't expect BFG to provide games without some kind of compensation. Many of these changes are made to induce people to either drop out or put out (money, that is ) That's why I occasionally buy diamonds.

I am only trying to point out the reality of the situation. Many of us get angry about it and we shouldn't. It's a waste of time and energy.

Every business does it. Grocery stores, department stores, all of them. They have to find ways to induce people to pay for their services.

FTP is a loss leader. A device that draws people into the store with the promise of a great bargain in the hope they will buy other items not discounted while there.

Having said all that, I vote a second time for an increase in HOS coin rewards. Vote Early and Vote Often!!!

Gonzo

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 7:39:29 AM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Aug 28, 14 7:49 AM
It would be nice to see 100 coins for each HOS but I don't think it would happen since they changed the one that was 75 coins back when the game was put out.

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Aug 28, 14 8:21 AM
I have come to the conclusion that something HAS to change for a couple of reasons

I am now half way through level 40 and my coins are disappearing at such an alarming rate that I am not sure if I will have enough to complete this update. This is despite having had at least 2 weeks to replenish my coffers before each of the last 3 updates. I have had 250 000 plus coins each time and don't think they will be enough this time. Even providing more HOS to do does not solve the issue because we can only do the same number of HOS in any given time . This is a finite way of gaining resources. From level 38 onwards the number of items required to send an airship has also increased dramatically with most requiring 15 to 20 of each of the 3 required items. This means the airship items in my inventory are being reduced by a minimum of 200 each day if I send all 4 airships. This is going to become a luxury very soon and will be another source of income reduced if I cannot afford to send the ship each time.

I agree wholeheartedly that this is going to cause many players to give up because it is going to become too much of a struggle to get through the quests and it does not make sense from a business point of view either. The numbers of coins or diamonds we would be required to purchase in order to make a very little progress would be prohibitive for most players budgets and simply not worth it.

Sorry to have written an essay on this but I am having serious doubts about this games future unless long term players are given a bit of a reward for having stuck with it for 8 long months.

Kindest regards to all

Bee zz

[Post New]by Steve_Go_Yanks on Aug 28, 14 9:02 AM
i am in the minority here. As people have said in the past, this game is a journey, not a sprint. If you put the time in, you can accomplish all the goals. I have 29 1/2 days, 27,000 HOS and 30,000 flowers. I am 6th on all the HOS leader boards. I am at level 39 with 600,000 gold and 444 diamonds in the bank.

When i open up another area or craft an item, I make sure to put back the coins lost before I do anything that will cost me more money.

I have not paid a penny for this game. i still enjoy the quest, do all 37 HOS each time I sit down and go around the world 5 - 7 times per day and make sure i send that airship out each time i see it. The coins come. Is all this tedious? Absolutely.

Although i am OK with things the way they are now, IF HOS' returned 100 coins, make it the next level, maybe 100M. If my math is correct that is about 360 more trips to the scene. At 5 trips around the world per day and 250,000 points per trip, that is about 2 1/2 months to get the next level. Maybe that goal would keep people coming back.

And FYI, I did not see the "where is the next update" posts this last time. Maybe because it took longer to get the quests done? Because we had to go back to the same scenes over and over? Because it was more expensive to open areas? Tedious.

The game is what it is. I think Elephant is doing fine. That said, please fix the coin drop for flowers.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Aug 28, 14 2:14 PM
I am totally in agreement that there should be some reward for the HOS's in the higher levels. I have invested at least 3 hours per day for the last 7 months not to mention the albeit small amount of real cash to play this game and would like some kind of incentive to carry on. In business they call it "return on investment" . The HOS's are a little more difficult and it would be nice to get some sort of reward for our loyalty to the game.

Go to: