bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 14 12:29 AM
From Elephant Games, creators of the Grim Tales series and makers of Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival, comes another exciting Mystery Trackers adventure!

It’s been two hundred years since the plague swept through here… Authorities quarantined the area around Blackrow Mansion, and it hasn’t been opened since. But now, an up-and-coming starlet is receiving strange threats that have drawn her straight to the quarantine zone. What is hiding behind the rusted gates of the Forbidden District? Play innovative new mini-games and explore gorgeous hidden-object puzzles as you track down the truth behind Blackrow’s secret!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Aug 28, 14 1:38 AM
Hi!

Let me just say I LOVE THIS GAME however i cant get past the lock. i have put in the gear, lockpiece and spring and its still in my inventory as broken........im stuck.

[Post New]by Ellie9 on Aug 28, 14 1:42 AM
Same for me. Was really enjoying the graphics and the atmosphere, but then came up against the lock pieces. I even restarted the game, followed the strategy guide, combined the pieces in the order as suggested, but the lock didn't close up, it seems to remain as an incomplete item in the inventory. When I use a hint it simply highlights the very centre of the lock. Neither I can I find an "active" area on the lock. So, I also remain stuck.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 1:45:09 AM PST

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Aug 28, 14 1:44 AM
I've got the same problem with the lock. I inserted the gear, the spring e the missing outer piece e and I don't know what to do next.

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Aug 28, 14 1:47 AM
I have the same problem. Found all the necessary parts, put them together and the key will not close. The hint zooms into the centre but I cannot find anything further to do. I was so, so looking forward to this game. It is one of the best series in this genre.

[Post New]by KaseyH1 on Aug 28, 14 1:51 AM
Same here. The lock is put together but still shows in inventory as an incomplete item. Hint highlights the center of the lock. Can't go forward which is just a shame.

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Aug 28, 14 1:54 AM
Make sure that you click to open the broken lock and not just place the items on top (if that's the case) and be sure to close it when you are done fixing it otherwise it will stay in (plus) mode. I am saying that because I tried putting the items without opening it first lol. (ETA)

There is also a broken lock piece that you also need to add, besides the spring and gear. You will find it by zooming in the area to the right of the Blackrow Mansion (where there is a skeleton and a pile of leaves). You will find some useful items there including the broken lock piece. Add that piece and you will be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone!

PS. I am also really enjoying this game and already purchased the Collector's Edition. The story is very engaging so far and I can't wait to see what happens next.
to Elephant Games[i] Team!

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 2:13:13 AM PST

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Aug 28, 14 1:54 AM
im havin the same problem as everyone else with the lock is this a gitch in game already :

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Aug 28, 14 1:55 AM
Me, too! Help!

Celtic Coco

[Post New]by CookieZ620 on Aug 28, 14 1:56 AM
Same here - very frustrating - can anyone help?

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Aug 28, 14 2:01 AM
MusicNat wrote:
gentlegirl wrote:Hi!

Let me just say I LOVE THIS GAME however i cant get past the lock. i have put in the gear, lockpiece and spring and its still in my inventory as broken........im stuck.

There is a broken lock piece that you also need to add, besides the spring and gear. You will find it by zooming in the area to the right of the Blackrow Mansion (where there is a skeleton and a pile of leaves). You will find some useful items there including the broken lock piece. Add that piece and you will be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone!

PS. I am also really enjoying this game and already purchased the Collector's Edition. The story is very engaging so far and I can't wait to see what happens next.

See above!

T57

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Aug 28, 14 2:03 AM
I managed to close the key. The first time I played, I played the second difficulty. This time I played the easy game. I noticed when the key was first produced I had to click the centre button to open it. This time when all the items were inserted into the key, I quickly clicked the centre button and it closed ok. Hope this works for you guys as well. I am now off to play one of the best series. However, I do miss their excellent winter scenes.

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Aug 28, 14 2:03 AM
MusicNat wrote:

There is a broken lock piece that you also need to add, besides the spring and gear. You will find it by zooming in the area to the right of the Blackrow Mansion (where there is a skeleton and a pile of leaves). You will find some useful items there including the broken lock piece. Add that piece and you will be good to go.

Hope this helps anyone!

I added the broken lock piece besides the spring and the gear, but the lock still has the plus sign in my inventory. Too bad

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Aug 28, 14 2:09 AM
Tartanpimpernel wrote:I managed to close the key. The first time I played, I played the second difficulty. This time I played the easy game. I noticed when the key was first produced I had to click the centre button to open it. This time when all the items were inserted into the key, I quickly clicked the centre button and it closed ok. Hope this works for you guys as well. I am now off to play one of the best series. However, I do miss their excellent winter scenes.

Yes, it works!!!

You just have to click (or double-click) on the centre button and the lock closes.
Thanks a lot!!!

GalaxieBleu
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by GalaxieBleu on Aug 28, 14 2:11 AM
Had the same problem as everyone else so came here to find out if there was someone who had figured it out. Nothing worked for me. So I backtracked to the crashed car, clicked the hint button, selected the lock piece, clicked on it and it closed then clicked again and it went into my inventory, moved forward and inserted it into the door and it worked. I'm not sure but I think, after reading Cr1s's comment, that maybe I had clicked in the very middle of it just like him/her (sorry, not sure) and that was why it closed.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 2:12:29 AM PST

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Aug 28, 14 2:14 AM
Cr1s wrote:
MusicNat wrote:

Hope this helps anyone!

I added the broken lock piece besides the spring and the gear, but the lock still has the plus sign in my inventory. Too bad

Be sure to actually click the lock closed if you haven't done so. Until you do that it will remain a plus item.

damgame
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by damgame on Aug 28, 14 3:11 AM
Yes! after tearing my hair out I clicked in the middle of the lock like other fishes suggested (thankyou) and it worked. But I think it should have closed when u add everything. Elephant should fix this because its an annoyance not needed.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 28, 14 4:09 AM
Also having an issue with the lock not closing. There was another gadget in a previous Elephant game that lots of people (including myself) had problems getting to work properly; I believe they issued a fix for that game.

I'm wondering why Elephant bother with these silly gadgets that don't seem to work for some of us. The gameplay is also very jerky and slow; this seems to be an issue for me with Elephant games ever since installing Win7.

And the game wasn't all that interesting either. I'll be saving my money today.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Aug 28, 14 4:10 AM
Clock worked fine here, but did not like this MT at all.. I have all the others, but this one didn't grab me.. Too bad..

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Aug 28, 14 4:45 AM
Thank you for helping all of us out. I had even opened another profile since I thought I was stuck and restarted the game. The crazy thing is the second profile had two locks showing in inventory and that is when I decided to come to the wonderful forums to find out what was going on.
Thank you to all once again for all of your responses. Have a great day!

Go to: