catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Aug 28, 14 1:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you have!

DO NOT PM ME WITH YOUR ISSUES. I AM NOT A COMPUTING EXPERT. I CANNOT SOLVE THEM. Thank you! [/size]]

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 8:15:29 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Aug 28, 14 2:35 AM
My goodness....downloaded and started game. I got as far as the end of the first cut scene with car crash. Then it went crazy. The cursor was uncontrollable, hopped all over the screen and wouldn't stop or work on anything like "menu" or answer pop up questions. Music kept playing....screen looked blurry in places. The only way to stop the game was to use game manager and that took a while to work and get through the haze of crazy game play. I'm playing on windows 8 but that shouldn't make any difference with these new games should it? I'll try it once more after new delete and download and see what happens, looks like it would be an interesting game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 28, 14 4:16 AM
Cant get that lock thing to work; yet another gadget in Elephant games that is so difficult to try and fix/use.

Add to that the apparent inability of my PC to run any Elephant game in any way other than slow and jerky. This has only been an issue since I had Win7 installed; when I had Vista the games played perfectly. And since reverting to Vista isn't an option now (unfortunately),I can't play this or any Elephant game.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 28, 14 4:22 AM
Game stopped....
Error message: Access violation 0x004430AA tried to read 0x223D6469

Operating on Windows 8.1

Am I just out of luck?

I sure hope not....I love these games!

Help!

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I lost some of my progress but the game seems to be playing ok now. Hope it stays that way!

edited for update on issue.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 6:05:20 AM PST

[Post New]by ghostmist on Aug 28, 14 4:34 AM
Put all the pieces into the lock thing and it won't close so I can use it.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 28, 14 8:15 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Aug 28, 14 9:57 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Cant get that lock thing to work; yet another gadget in Elephant games that is so difficult to try and fix/use.

Add to that the apparent inability of my PC to run any Elephant game in any way other than slow and jerky. This has only been an issue since I had Win7 installed; when I had Vista the games played perfectly. And since reverting to Vista isn't an option now (unfortunately),I can't play this or any Elephant game.

I also found the game had a lot of lag. In the cut scenes especially the lag was so bad the scene became almost jerky. I'm on Win 7 too. Maybe it's some issue they have writing code for Win 7 but come on...it isn't like Win 7 is some ancient or arcane OS. I play sophisticated huge file games and do work using 2D and 3D editors with this computer with no problem. Surely a "casual" game should run ok on it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 28, 14 10:50 AM
LOCK PROBLEM: I deleted my profile and started over and the lock clicked shut immediately.

I am noticing so much jerkiness in the scenes that I am dizzy. I'm not kidding. I thought it was my computer but I'm not seeing it in other games.

This is an Elephant game. What is going on? It's like watching an old movie with too few frames per second. There is also a lag problem.

Maybe I'm extra-sensitive but I am getting nauseous from trying to play this game. The moving fog near the street did not help.

I can't fix getting sick.

I am on Windows 7.

I'm also having problems accessing this forum. Am I the only one? It was down for awhile yesterday for maintenance and I can't even access all the emoticons.

Edit: I cannot play this game because of the jerkiness. I tried again and I am feeling really sick now. I'm going to contact tech support. The game is unplayable for me even with the lock fixed.

I am so disappointed because I am a big Mystery Trackers fan and bought this game immediately and now I can't play and probably won't be able to play.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 11:04:52 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Aug 28, 14 12:32 PM
Why is there a conversation thread for "tech issues" on the Forum that refers us back to the "Help" section or to the more savvy "Customer Service Reps" who are now referring us more and more to you at the "Forum"? I feel like I'm going in circles.

Forum has a thread for "tech issues" but then says go to "Help" section.

Help section is no help.

Forum says go to the more savvy Customer Service reps with an INcident Report.

Customer Service Reps lately are referring us more and more to the Forum.

Am I in a vicious circle or am I dreaming?

[Post New]by scubadoobidoo on Aug 28, 14 1:56 PM
The lock doesn´t close...even after i deleted the profile and started over tha game...Fortunately this time i noticed before buying the game.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 28, 14 3:02 PM
Seriously glitchy game: I've been kicked out twice, although I was able to continue playing with no problem. This reminds me of the days when I had my old XP. But now I have my year old Windows 8 HP, and generally I don't have technical problems, other than resolution or color (Nvidia). The first time I was in the living room of the Blackrow house and the music crested and I was trying to exit backwards, when blam, kicked out with some kind of error. I went back in and continued playing with no problems. The second time, I'd left the Blackrow grounds and went forward into the town where Abigail was standing with a greenish container of potions, I played through that, got the batteries and put one in the device, but when I used it and clicked on the eye, I was kicked out again. When I went back in, I had to replay the scene but was able to do so and continue. Not a whole lot of fun. Who vetted this before release??

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 28, 14 5:30 PM
I am trying the game again after finishing but the special tool has disappeared from my inventory. Can you help?

[Post New]by greengrassyhill on Aug 28, 14 6:34 PM
LOCK WONT CLOSE!

I AM GETTING SICK OF BUYING THESE CE GAMES WHEN THEY ARE FIRST RELEASED ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WILL NOT PLAY! YES, I AM SHOUTING, BECAUSE I AM MAD! I have been looking forward all day to playing this game tonight, only to be shut out due to a BROKEN LOCK!

I too am stopped by the broken lock that has all the pieces assembled, but it wont close.

Was this game not BETA tested? if so, how did testers get past this glitch? It occurs very soon after beginning the game.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit, gaming Alienware with fully updated software.

Patch please!!!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 28, 14 8:15 PM
Same problem with the lock. Had to restart the game twice more with new profiles to get it to work. 3rd time it worked.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 28, 14 10:22 PM
I contacted BF and received a game credit but they did not answer any of my questions - that is the second time in two days. I guess now I can get two non-working games full of glitches for free. I feel like I'm in some sort of vicious cycle: glitches, contact BF, am given credit, glitches in new game, contact BF, am given credit...

I reported the lock problem and also the extreme jerkiness which was making me ill. I don't know why they gave me the credit. Yesterday they told me I could troubleshoot if I wanted but they offered no help with it even though I specifically asked for it.

I am not a happy fishie at all.

Edited on 08/28/2014 at 10:25:25 PM PST

Morgana33
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Morgana33 on Aug 29, 14 4:56 AM
Hi fellow fishes

I too have had the problem with the lock, I closed the game and reopened and it worked I continued to play on, then my computer gave me the blue screen of death.

All my system drivers etc., are up-to-date and have plenty of ram, storage and graphics as below.

Windows 7 64bit
Asus Sabertooth 990FX mobo
AMD FX8350 8 core cpu
16.0 GB Ram
HIS 7950 IceQ 3.0 GB graphics card

So I don't understand why this little bit of software doesn't play well.

Hope there's a fix soon cause I like this series of games.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 29, 14 7:40 PM
Bonus Game Glitch?

I got the fix. Now I'm in the bonus game and the info for one of the puzzles does not work. I click on it and - nothing. The scene shows chemical beakers. I didn't check the SG because right now I'm pretty much disgusted.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Correction: The info button is not working AT ALL.

Correction: The info button and the map are not working at all in the bonus game.

Correction: The info button and the map are not working at all and Elf ran away. I can't say I blame him.

Edited on 08/29/2014 at 8:13:40 PM PST

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 30, 14 2:42 PM
If this is the place for Tech issues why are there no replies??????

I also am having trouble with the scenes being jerky or in slow motion. The curser was doing the same thing until I clicked out of the custom cursor.

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Aug 31, 14 11:20 AM
After the update, the Special Tool reappeared in my inventory and I was able to use it once (on the Blackrow portrait). It's disappeared again and I can't move forward without it. Not looking good for a purchase.

[Post New]by cadescovelady on Aug 31, 14 8:03 PM
To all you folks having slow and jerky issues: Did you undo the custom curser? I was playing along ok until I got into the cathedral and the curser developed a mind of its own. Went to options (not easy when you cant control the curser) clicked off the "custom curser" and was back in business. I have used this fix for a lot of games which is why I think a lot of the devs offer it. Elephant games finally started offering other options to fix issues that made earlier games unplayable for me. I wish all of the devs would do this. Not all of us have the latest and greatest on our PC's and there are still some devs that haven't figured that out.

Go to: