catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Aug 29, 14 2:04 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 08/29/2014 at 6:36:46 AM PST

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Aug 29, 14 6:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Amaranthine Voyage: The Shadow of Torment.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgLianorm

Edited on 11/05/2014 at 10:18:17 AM PST

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

I am tired of silly games!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 29, 14 3:15 PM
This is another example of the types of games that we are bombarded with these days.
Is not there just one development team possessing creativity other than that of this game?

Now with that said those who have not played a ton of this type of game may find this game enjoyable. It is not a difficult game.

Atardecer
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Atardecer on Aug 31, 14 1:33 PM
What happen with the really adventure games???? There are tons of this kind of games. We are getting frustated......

I already have all the adventure games for grown ups!!!! and, have been waiting

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 2, 14 11:46 PM
So there's these "objective completed" and "new objective" clouds continually popping up, and a "What could I possibly do here?" message every time you click on an active item. Add that to the uber-saccharine fantasy milieu, and it's a definite NO BUY for me. I agree with both Atardecer and pgillenw.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 11:52:06 PM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Sep 6, 14 5:21 PM
Based on finished game (Custom Mode made super-easy):

This is a decent game if played over several days (3 in my case). The objectives are split up into too many little parts involving a lot of back and forth despite the transport map. I felt this made the game boring as it progressed.

Superb graphics, brilliant colours, good cut scenes and excellent detailing all around......typical EIPIX excellence.

The story didn't really draw me in as it's not my fav. genre. I had to skip so many puzzles because of huh-to-duh 'instructions' (if you can call them so?). Why do Devs. hesitate to add more text/ steps when they don't hold back with the immensely wordy dialogue elsewhere??? While I may not be able to ace the puzzles, the fun is in trying. If I can't fathom what the heck to do......! HOPs were interesting because of the slightly different style. I mute all sound, so, don't know about VOs.

Pet peeves: Needing to click exactly on the spot or else the item got flung back into the inventory + the excessive amount of dazzling/ blinding lights in almost all the cut scenes, etc.

I haven't played the other games in the series, so, I don't know if it's related, etc. Overall, it's pleasant entertainment sans cute helpers, etc. Worth a PCC (like moi....thanks JulieJay ).

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 5:22:18 PM PST

Go to: