Problems with wooden crates

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Aug 29, 14 12:14 PM
Since the update, I've had problems with the wooden crates, the countdown is of 24 hours and it never stops. When it reaches 00:00:00 it starts back to 24:00:00. I tried uninstalling both the game and BF gaming app but that didn't change a thing. I'm using Windows 8.1.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

Problems with wooden crates

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Aug 29, 14 12:55 PM
NorthStorm wrote:Since the update, I've had problems with the wooden crates, the countdown is of 24 hours and it never stops. When it reaches 00:00:00 it starts back to 24:00:00. I tried uninstalling both the game and BF gaming app but that didn't change a thing. I'm using Windows 8.1.

Your crate isn't opening at all? Or is it opening every 24 hours? Bummer that you're having that problem. I'm also using Windows 8.1 and having no problems with the crate. In fact, just this morning I got the Necromancer from there, and it was a quest of mine I have been unwilling to finish because it takes 20 gift boxes and I will never have enough of those to spare.

Here's another thing, not only do I get to open the crate every 3 hours, but it seems that it opens at other times too for no apparent reason, before the 3 hours is up. Sometimes it opens up with the lock still on it and sometimes the lock is off. Kind of weird how that goes.

Re:Problems with wooden crates

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Aug 29, 14 1:15 PM
It doesn't open at all, the timer rolls from 00:00:00 to 24:00:00 like a real countdown clock. I tought about paying the 5 diamonds, but I'm afraid that it will be for nothing. Also, from time to time the game just minimize itself and brings me back to windows for no reason, it pauses but I have a hard time going back. At least I never had that problem with the offline version of the game. The social tab is not what I expected after such a long time in the making.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Aug 29, 14 1:47 PM
NorthStorm wrote:It doesn't open at all, the timer rolls from 00:00:00 to 24:00:00 like a real countdown clock. I tought about paying the 5 diamonds, but I'm afraid that it will be for nothing. Also, from time to time the game just minimize itself and brings me back to windows for no reason, it pauses but I have a hard time going back. At least I never had that problem with the offline version of the game. The social tab is not what I expected after such a long time in the making.

Did you contact support? The crate thing is NOT Ok. You get some real cool stuff from there and you need to have your crate working right.

I actually have two Found games that I'm playing. The alternate Found which I don't play as much also minimizes, but not while I'm playing. It minimizes when I first start up the game. But no problems with the crate on that one.

Maybe you just need some settings tweaked?

As for the social tab, I'm having fun with the Friends thing. But it's pretty frustrating that you can only gift 5 friends a day. Also, I wish there was a way to send your friends a note. That would be cool.

[Post New]by pickleseatpeople on Aug 29, 14 3:14 PM
NorthStorm wrote:It doesn't open at all, the timer rolls from 00:00:00 to 24:00:00 like a real countdown clock.

Also, from time to time the game just minimize itself and brings me back to windows for no reason, it pauses but I have a hard time going back.

The floating crate does odd things like that to me sometimes too. I also recommend contacting customer support, but in all my cases I found the floating crate resets itself after a few days. I hope that happens in your case.

It has happened to me before that my game would minimize at random moments. It turned out that my computer was attempting a windows update. You may want to check if any background programs are running on your computer, which could interfere with your game. I have also noticed that since the update, Found takes an unusually long time to start up again once it has been paused or minimized.

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Aug 29, 14 5:34 PM
I waited today to see, the counter went from 00:00:01 to 23:59:59. I finally spent the 5 diamonds to open it (got 5k gold ) but now the countdown is 3 hours. Hopefully I'll reopen the game tonight and be able to get a crate for real!

Teel59
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Teel59 on Aug 30, 14 7:40 AM
I assume you always click on it anyway? I get where it looks locked but is actually ready to be clicked...

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Aug 30, 14 8:14 AM
Everytime I clicked on it it would show a countdown. Now I have a crate every three hours, but they're giving me either 1k-5k gold or.... 77 XP. I'm better of with the wishing well!

Go to: