guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Finished the Update

[Post New]by guppies56 on Aug 30, 14 6:08 AM
I have just finished the update and all I can say is that i'm extremely underwhelmed.

What the devs need to realise is that this is a game first and foremost and games are supposed to be fun as MC once was, unfortunately in their eagerness to churn out updates the devs have completely forgotten the fun element and made the game tiresome and repetetive.
This update is no different from the last update and the update before that, they're being churned out on a conveyor belt with very little thought for the players other than trying to force people into believing they *need* to buy diamonds which I find absolutely amazing, do Elephant/BFG not have strategists? People generally part with money for personal pleasure and entertainment and MC has become as pleasurable as somebody trying to force feed you your most hated food

Final Verdict:

I will continue to do the HOS's for inventory and for coins, just in case by some miracle a *real update* falls from the conveyor belt, and by that I mean bringing the "Coming Soon Button" into play, opening the locked areas and blowing away the cobwebs those gift boxes have collected whilst sitting doing nothing in the inventory. If not then it's goodbye MC, good riddance Binding Egg and good riddance to those ridiculous gnomes who serve no purpose to MC other than to change the remit of the game from dark and mysterious to cloud cuckoo land.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

Re:Finished the Update

[Post New]by memagirl on Aug 30, 14 11:33 AM
I'm with you guppies56. Istarted playing this game back in Feb 2014 it was fun and grapics were and still are great , but the same o same is getting tiring .

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Aug 30, 14 12:59 PM
I completely agree Guppie...I will continue with the hopes of improvements, since there has been an overwhelming amount of complaints in the forum, perhaps they will listen. All of us long time players know that they did listen with the Bow Figurine, so we know there is hope!!!

cynsue2
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by cynsue2 on Aug 30, 14 1:05 PM
I am a big fan of this game but the last two updates have left me utterly frustrated. It almost seemed rigged against the player. Love the graphics, but they are taking the fun out of it. Games are suppose to be fun.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Aug 30, 14 1:59 PM
I'm stuck at level 30 for 2 weeks now, and I'm sure I will be stuck at level 31 till level 41 between now and 202?. The costs are outrageous! The game still looks great, but maybe it's time for something different (don't know what, but something must change).

Here on the forum are lots of ideas from players with a good opportinity for the game.
We all know the devs read the posts, so please make our years.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 30, 14 2:12 PM
Bedazzles wrote:I completely agree Guppie...I will continue with the hopes of improvements, since there has been an overwhelming amount of complaints in the forum, perhaps they will listen. All of us long time players know that they did listen with the Bow Figurine, so we know there is hope!!!

I'm usually one of the first of few players behind Bedazzles to finish the new updates. I told myself I'd work the HOS's and try and get the achievements in between each update, that if it didn't get interesting I'd throw in the towel - That was two updates ago.

This time... I'm not going to waste my time as I'm still 50 Gold Chests from getting the Pirate Girl. Was only getting only one gold chest every 1 or 2 (12+ hour days of getting pet food). Since the update I have not got a single Gold Chest. . I'm bored to tears.

The story line is now in line with a Soap Opera (Game should be re-titled "The Castle of Our Lives").

I'm going to not play for a while and see what the opinions are after the next update to determine whether or not I continue. I bought some games from Big Fish yesterday and for once in a long time I'm having fun.

I'll still pop in and check the forums and my PM's in the meantime.

Silver Hawk

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Aug 30, 14 5:16 PM
Dear Silver Hawk
I received a lot of my pet food by crafting and I tried to steer clear of running out of the unique stamp so I stuck to things that I could craft, and then the repeated hos scenes, (my husband would disconnect the internet if he knew how much time). But each game is so unique, as to where and when to feed, I know when I would get a silver, I would move, down a hos scene, and try another pet, for me there did seemed to be a following of pets. The big gold chest bringer was the phoenix, turtle, pig, and then tiger. And I am relieved that my 101 chest was brought in yesterday.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Aug 31, 14 12:14 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your feedback! As more updates are created, the devs do take your input into consideration. Due to the way updates are created and tested, it may be one or two updates later that a change is made, but we do always forward your words to the devs

In regards to the "Coming Soon" feature, we're keeping our fingers crossed on getting this activated for you all as soon as possible, so keep your eyes peeled!

bfgVaiya

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 31, 14 12:42 PM
Well sad to say bfgVaiya if as you say the DEV's hear us screaming all the way over there and know they are losing players older ones that have been with them since day one*and will lose more the longer it takes to fix things.
Yeah they are throwing updates at us but at what cost?
The last two updates not only been totally off the story and the cost to open in mind boggling.. then why should it take so long? I am very serious in saying I do not know how many of the players will stay and keep on going around in circles and not getting rewarded for any thing.
Do the DEV's know how many hours and money is put into this game every single day?and how many players have simply given up?
I am still screaming about the timers and how many coins I lose have they fixed it NO and why so much to open a new area just to find it will cost more after you have example I am on 39 and just opened the NUN to find I need more to open her second quest CRAZY and very dishearting.
I hope the DEV'S are listening.

sportsvine
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by sportsvine on Aug 31, 14 3:49 PM
guppies,

What level does finishing the update leave you at?

plummiss
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by plummiss on Aug 31, 14 5:25 PM
In another thread Bedazzles said:
"1333 quests, level 41 1885/3280"

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 1, 14 6:54 AM
sportsvine wrote:guppies,

What level does finishing the update leave you at?

Sorry Sportsvine I didn't see your post, it finishes on level 41 - 1,885/3,280 so Plumiss is correct in quoting Bedazzles

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 6:55:36 AM PST

Go to: