VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

This does not bode well

[Post New]by VisionAri on Aug 30, 14 11:57 AM
I have dug, tiled and filled the pool; all I have to show for it is 175 points and 5 tokens.

I'm getting the feeling that this isn't going to go well. Should I just throw in the towel (pun intended) now or continue plodding my way to failure?

ETA: Why aren't my event quests showing up in the quest window?

Edited on 08/30/2014 at 12:01:29 PM PST

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

Re:This does not bode well

[Post New]by dinsb on Aug 30, 14 4:44 PM
175 points? Show off!! I'm about to break 100 (sigh). Looks like I'll be joining you in your slow, laborious plod. Mercifully it's only a hot tub this time and not a prized gnome. (Still smarting over failing to get the Nate birthday gnome.)

Rather excited with the dock idea, I didn't even realize there was a river behind my house until the plots got outrageously expensive. Depending on where the dock materializes, it may cost me 750K to reach it.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Aug 30, 14 9:10 PM
I think once you start getting the towels, sunscreen, and life preservers it should go faster. I am currently at 808. I am not too excited about the final prize. I prefer the gnomes.

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Aug 31, 14 3:43 AM
I had proebs too with the towels, sunscreen and life preservers until I thought about looking in my Inventory. Duh.

Got the swimming pool and no space for it at my ranch. So I had this idea about an indoor pool. My furniture is outside and I have an indoor pool with a rubber ducky in it. Kinda different

Good luck everyone!.

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by LilFae on Sep 5, 14 7:45 AM
Greetings Discus3!!

I was wondering if you knew that you could "put stuff away" at your house? I didn't know about this for the longest time and was getting annoyed with it looking so cluttered.

To do so, click on "build mode". Then, choose the box icon that has the down arrow above the box. This is located where your menu usually is at the lower right part of the screen.

Don't worry, you won't lose any item you "put away", it just goes back in your inventory! I was so happy to learn about this during an event a few months back, and "de-cluttered" my house and lawn. So now I have plenty of room for the items I want... plus you can change it seasonally to match the trees!!

Good Luck!!

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Sep 5, 14 10:05 AM
Hi LilFae,

Thank you for the helpful information. I followed your instructions and packed an item. Worked great! I hope other players at lower levels see your post.

I do not have much furniture so am using it and other items to block garden plots. Now my character does not run to each plot for harvesting, tilling and planting. Saves time.

Thank you again, and Good Luck to you and everyone!

P.S. This is for everyone. If I make an inappropriate post, please PM me and I will edit or delete it. I edited an earlier post because it was a Spoiler and has caused much consternation. tyvm

LilFae
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by LilFae on Sep 5, 14 11:12 AM
Greetings Discus3,

You're most welcome. I'm so glad you found it helpful. I hope others who are starting out find this as well. Like I mentioned, it wasn't until I was in the mid levels that I came across someone mentioning during an event that you could do this.

Now if only it didn't cost a zillion coins to expand your property eh?

One other thing I found out recently as well by accident: I bought the tractor for my farm (using bush bucks) to harvest the 12 plots that I had. One morning, I clicked on the tractor even though I didn't have anything left (this was morning remember, still waking up lol!). I found out that if you have empty plots, and you click on the tractor, it will till all the empty plots for you! Isn't that a cool time saver

Have a beautiful day!!

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 7, 14 2:18 AM
Hi Discus3,

what a brilliant idea to block off the garden plots!!!

Thanks for that!
It really does save a lot of time and I don't have to spend the bucks on the tractor just yet!
I'll admit it looks a bit odd - I used all my gnomes, trees and some benches, but what the heck

You should post that over on the 'Sharing tips' thread!

Edited on 09/07/2014 at 2:19:05 AM PST

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Sep 9, 14 11:23 AM
I got my custom trinket, and it is VERY nice. Incidentally, the "odds" part is a fixed percentage, and stays the same as you level, unlike regular trinkets where the odds shrink to near zero after a few levels.

I selected mana, mana, plus to odds, and I got (highlight to read):
-----------
Plus 7.5 percent to odds and plus 10 to max mana.
-----------

WendyAnn1
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by WendyAnn1 on Sep 9, 14 9:14 PM
When did the cost of gold or energy get so high? I used to by tomato seeds and cantaloupe seeds and I know they didn't cost 612 for 108 and 1275 gold for 45 energy. ??? I can tell you I'll never plant anything but what I get for free such as super blueberries or magic beans ever again at those prices.

I just checked wiki for a cost 36 for 108 gold - tomatoes and 75 for 45 energy - cantaloupe.

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 9:19:47 PM PST

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 10, 14 1:19 AM
Hi WendyAnn1,

you gave me some shock there - I love my little garden and would hate for it to become useless - but I'm just back from my ranch, and crop prices are unchanged for me.

You should open a support ticket. Good luck!

countrygal2
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by countrygal2 on Sep 10, 14 6:23 AM
Thanks for the info about "putting stuff away" at the ranch in build mode - it allows storage for excess items - also I discovered the $ sign to sell items you no longer need and the circle sign for turning items around a different way. I used the circle to rearrange my mini golf course which is really good.

Go to: