A thread for our reviews!

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 6:12:24 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for: Travel Riddles: Trip to India here:

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 1, 14 1:39 AM
Based on the demo I will not purchase. I really wish devs would pay attention and respond to the fact that many of us prefer the option to choose to play with a timer or not. I cannot believe that it is so very difficult to offer that option since many games have it. This one fails to allow that choice. I did alright with the timer during the demo, but I am certain that as the levels become more challenging I will find a point at which my luck runs out. I have purchased a few games that were "timer-only" in the hope that I could complete them. (They are in my Purchase History and nowhere else.) They wound up being uninstalled after I reached that point where nothing I could do would beat the timer.
Note to developers: Give customers a choice for the timer!

The music in the game is okay; nicely melodic and upbeat, if a bit repetitious, but with the volume adjusted to a soft level it works. There are power-ups to help and there are 12 steps within each level to keep things interesting. You have to collect parts of various artifacts by getting them to the bottom of the board and in some levels, you also must break silver or gold colored plates that your tiles sit on in order to finish. Some levels that I played included wooden crates to break by making matches next to them. The instructions tell you that some levels will have locked tiles that must have matches made with them to unlock them. The graphics are simple and colorful. It would absolutely be worth using a PCC, if there was an option for playing with no timer.

P. S. I'll be purchasing a different game from a different dev with the PCC I need to use.

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 1:35:45 PM PST

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Sep 1, 14 3:33 AM
My sentiments exactly. I did find the background music a bit annoying after a while but as you said turning it down was the solution. I also won't buy because of the timer situation in spite of the Labor day deals.
Thanks for your time and work in writing the review.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 1, 14 4:29 AM
I also have to agree, It would be worth a coupon if it were not for the timer.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 1, 14 6:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Travel Riddles: Trip to India here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Travel Riddles: Trip to India.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Sep 1, 14 6:22 AM
I totally agree with everyone. Not having a timer is old. After all, there are many of us who are older and our fingers are not so nimble anymore. I have 3 pcc that I cannot find anything to use them on. This might have been one of them, but no timer, no buy. Devs need to understand that many types of people play their games, even if some of us aren't as quick as others, we still pay to buy games. Still waiting for some great match-3 games to out, even though I have other type of genres I like to play.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 1, 14 6:29 AM
Hello,

For those of you who don't like the timer, let me tell you that you will have oodles of time to finish the level!!!
My husband called from work and I forgot I was playing a level and when I got back to it and finished I was only a quarter into the timer. It is very very generous!!
For me I wish it was faster. But that's just me.
So don't let that stop you from buying the game. Plus, with the bonuses you will get, no need to worry!
It's a great game. Enjoy!
oh and I am sure you are all just as good as I am at playing match 3's. I am not that quick (not as quick as I used to be) hahaha.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 1, 14 8:14 AM
You can't turn off the sound or music, either. I tried. It is permanently stuck on. I hate listening to music when I'm trying to concentrate on something. That was enough to make me give up on the demo.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Sep 1, 14 9:09 AM
Disappointing game same old same old. I love match 3 games but there are a lot better ones out there. Will not buy even with a coupon.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 1, 14 9:37 AM
I feel like I must have demoed a different game! I like this one. It isn't the best of the best of the Match-3s, but it is one of the good ones.

Timer: Don't run off because you read it has a timer! Try it yourself. The timer may as well not exist. Maybe in higher levels it has time to run down, but during the demo there was no problem completing the boards. Too bad. I like playing Match-3 with a timer! Without what's the challenge?

Sound and Music
: You most certainly CAN turn the music and sounds down, or even completely off! Just go to "options" and click to change the settings. Don't click on the yellow buttons, click where you want them to move. (I never understand what's going on when people won't buy because of the music. Computers come with volume controls even if games don't!)

Game Play
: It's fast and fun! Collect artifact pieces by moving them down and off the board. You clear the board, and clear off colored tiles as well. You get bombs and other helps along the way, and you can purchase more with the gold you quickly accumulate. You can make matches as tiles are falling, so it goes very quickly! My strategy is to clear the board of tiles, then worry about the artifacts.

The boards, tiles, etc. are colorful and clear.

Well worth either a member's price, PCC, or the holiday's sale. I wouldn't pay retail, but I never do for any game!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Sep 1, 14 9:46 AM
It's hard to turn me off on a M-3 -- but this one managed to do it.

The music was tinkly and annoying, plus the big flashes and vivid sparkling were not easy for me. The boards weren't appealing, although the tiles are of reasonable size. Since my gut response was a big no, I didn't spend any time worrying if there was (or was not) a timer.

I've got a few good games I held off buying til we got the next Buy1Get1 sale -- it's here!!

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Sep 1, 14 10:05 AM
This game is a no-buy for me, not because of the timer or the music. It is just a very simple and basic game without a challenge for me during the demo time period. I had so much gold to purchase bombs, etc. that I just didn't think it was challenging enough. It seemed to me to be more of a game for a child.

I also found that the game got quite "choppy" during the second half of my demo.

The title was somewhat perplexing too. During the demo I never encountered any "riddles."

Sorry, but this game just isn't for me.

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Sep 1, 14 10:14 AM
" I like playing Match-3 with a timer! Without what's the challenge? "

It's great that you like the challenge of a timer but not all of us play for the challenge, There area lot of fishies out here who play to relax. To each his own.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for: Travel Riddles: Trip to India here:

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 1, 14 1:36 PM
I found this game pleasant enough, but I already own multiple other Match3's that don't insist on a timer.

Like several of you, I've so far found the timer for this one is ridiculously lax, and there is no real need to buy and use bombs. I finally finished one level w/ an explosion because I had an appointment to go to, not because I was even close to missing the 3-star time.

However, I also (like thistle809) am highly suspicious that at higher levels--there are apparently a VERY large number!--additional kinds of tiles, trickier corners on the boards, and/or faster times will appear and make it impossible for me to finish the game, even w/ power-ups.

I too cannot imagine why any Match-3 maker is foolish enough to set up a game w/ timer only or even (like one I recently tried out) w/ no option to use a timer if you need one for an adequate challenge!

I do appreciate the Options button on the opening screen that lets one turn the music way down (just about always my preference) or even off entirely.

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 7:04:58 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 1, 14 2:51 PM
lvd04 wrote:" I like playing Match-3 with a timer! Without what's the challenge? "

It's great that you like the challenge of a timer but not all of us play for the challenge, There area lot of fishies out here who play to relax. To each his own.

Well said, Ivd04!
No option on timer means No buy for me!

BK

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 1, 14 3:53 PM
I enjoy match games that have both a timer and no timer.....this game has just one........I like to relax after a hustle and bustle day.........with both you can choose which suits you during any day of the week........even with oodles of time it's not the same...........plus don't like the layout of each scene.........you only have 1 match and you have to hope it falls right or you have to use a bomb right off the bat..........I like to look and think this gives you neither of those options...............match that it will drop that etc..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....................................no buy here, but try it you may like it don't need the frustration got enough ty...............

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Sep 1, 14 4:44 PM
lvd04 wrote:" I like playing Match-3 with a timer! Without what's the challenge? "

I wasn't suggesting there shouldn't be Match-3s with no timers, or at least an option for timed or not timed. I like to relax when I play games at times too. But, in the case of THIS game I am glad there is a timer. The time to finish a board is very, very generous, as biomix stated.

There should be an option to choose, and developers would sell more games if they included it. But, my comment about wanting a challenge stands as my opinion on Match-3 games. That's why it's in my review.

No timer = easier game. Timer = a challenge.
As you say, "To each his own."

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Sep 2, 14 6:12 AM
I agree with many who said that the option to play relaxed or timed should be included with any match 3 game.

Yes the music is annoying but that can be turned down or off completely. I really didn't have any issue with the graphics or sound.

I just like blowing things up or seeing a "chain reaction" when matches are made. This game at least allowed you to keep making matches while other matches kept going.

I'm not sure if more or different types of items to help you clear the board will be offered as the game play progresses or not. It just seems to be only 3 different ones so far. However that could change.

Because there is no option for a relaxed mode of play it is a no buy for me, even with the use of a PCC.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 6:13:08 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 2, 14 6:45 PM
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes timed M3s but it looks like twinsoniclab and I must be the last fish in the pond who do. Would demo this but based on what I've read it doesn't seem like a hard enough game for me. If anyone has played longer and has smoke coming out their ears please let me know and I might change my mind. It's "relaxed mode" for me when I put my synthpop on and dance while I'm playing my M3s. Wish devs wouldn't be afraid to challenge those of us who've been playing this genre ever since the first Bejeweled came out!

[Post New]by Ruviane on Sep 3, 14 6:30 AM
Shouldn't a game with a title like Travel RIDDLES have some sort of riddles involved? This is just a mindless match 3 game with nothing interesting about it. I forced myself through the first location, but I was bored the entire time. It's the same old drop the piece to the bottom and break tiles under matches type of game. Will not be purchasing this one.

Go to: