catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Travel RIddles: Trip to India here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 1, 14 2:29 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include any OS you are using.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, do not PM me with your game problems. I won't be able to solve them.

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 6:13:45 AM PST

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Travel RIddles: Trip to India here!

[Post New]by romany09 on Sep 1, 14 4:34 AM
Downloaded and got the message that my trial expired. Also had to restart my computer.

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Travel RIddles: Trip to India here!

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 1, 14 5:14 AM
catbag8717 wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include any OS you are using.

Please, for the sake of my sanity, do not PM me with your game problems. I won't be able to solve them.

LOL, catbag! Hang in there!

tiggleish
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by tiggleish on Sep 1, 14 6:05 AM
romany09 wrote:Downloaded and got the message that my trial expired. Also had to restart my computer.

I just had exactly the same thing happen.

Is bigfish losing it or what????????????

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 1, 14 6:13 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by gamineannie on Sep 1, 14 6:20 AM
Downloaded the trial and tried to start the game. Nothing happened. Tried again and received the error message that another game was already running. Checked in task manager and nothing was running beyond the game manager. Went to uninstall the trial and got yet another error message that the game was running! Hope I can get this thing back off my computer soon - won't be bothering to re-download after all this.

[Post New]by sylkama on Sep 1, 14 6:54 AM
Same Problem with me, can´t decide ti buy the game after 2 Minutes playing

mac1938123
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by mac1938123 on Sep 1, 14 8:14 AM
I also got the another game is running. Killed all big fish in task manager restarted game and got 30 seconds of play before trial expired.

Big fish seems to have lost focus and has no quality control any more. This is my last month. To many bugs in almost every game any more. The free to Play games are so bad that you cannot even play them for all the bugs and no help from BIG FISH for any issue - almost a full year of buggy games and lackluster response from Big Fish.
The Fish has lost what made worth having.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 1, 14 10:45 AM
I also got the 'another game is running' message and had to reboot.

Got to the 4th board and the game froze - had to use Task Manager to quit.

Two problems in 5 minutes? I just deleted it

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Travel RIddles: Trip to India here!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 1, 14 1:24 PM
I just spent 45 minutes of continual play.

I'd bet that contacting Customer Support about the problems listed above would be worth the fairly minimal time and trouble it takes.

zmiller
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by zmiller on Sep 2, 14 4:55 AM
Boy!!! same problem, time expired. What's up with that.

molly539
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by molly539 on Sep 2, 14 8:50 AM
for reference: Windows 8.1, 17" monitor

Had a hard time getting the game to open at first.
Had to uncheck full screen because the display was wonky - 2 task bars at the bottom of the screen, one with buttons for settings, credits, etc and the other showing the play and back buttons. With the settings bar, you have to guess what the buttons are for because the bottoms of the buttons are cut off; only about 1/3-1/2 of the buttons are displayed. I don't know if this is just because of my monitor/computer or if this will affect other players as well.

About 7-10 minutes into the game it closed by itself and I couldn't open it again. Used the task manager to close the game/game manager and tried again. This time, I got the "demo over" screen for the game. WTF!

What little I saw and played of this game appealed to me - I love a good Match-3 - but until/unless the technical problems are resolved, no buy.

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Sep 3, 14 12:46 PM
Game starts to load, I get a few seconds of music then it shuts down. Tried several times but no joy.

[Post New]by andemare on Sep 7, 14 4:27 AM
molly539 wrote:for reference: Windows 8.1, 17" monitor

Had a hard time getting the game to open at first.
Had to uncheck full screen because the display was wonky - 2 task bars at the bottom of the screen, one with buttons for settings, credits, etc and the other showing the play and back buttons. With the settings bar, you have to guess what the buttons are for because the bottoms of the buttons are cut off; only about 1/3-1/2 of the buttons are displayed. I don't know if this is just because of my monitor/computer or if this will affect other players as well.

About 7-10 minutes into the game it closed by itself and I couldn't open it again. Used the task manager to close the game/game manager and tried again. This time, I got the "demo over" screen for the game. WTF!

What little I saw and played of this game appealed to me - I love a good Match-3 - but until/unless the technical problems are resolved, no buy.

[Post New]by andemare on Sep 7, 14 4:32 AM
Same here molly539, did you find any solution to this problem?

[Post New]by _sweet_1 on Sep 9, 14 9:50 PM
I keep getting an error in Summer.exe and the game closes. OS is Windows 7

[Post New]by sunkist2007 on Sep 14, 14 12:16 PM
I am using a PC with 8.1 installed have trouble with a pop up that stops the game when I am almost finished with a level..it turns the whole game off..so I hab=ve to start all over...It has happened now about 15 times..cant get beyond it..Sunny

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Sep 17, 14 10:05 AM
I'm having the same "summer.exe" problem Sunkist spoke of above (I have Windows 7). Only started as I got closer to the end of the game. A window pops up stating there's some problem with file summer.exe and then the game closes. Frustrating on that one difficult level when I had to use explosives a number of times to get out of a tight spot -- all the weapons I used are gone forever, don't reappear when I restart the game.

Go to: