JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Neat Glitch in Multiple Games

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 1, 14 3:23 AM
This is probably been found already, but I didn't see a post on it. I recently started a new game because I was bored with nothing left to do and though it would be fun to start over, but I wasn't ready to give up my original game, so I just started a second one.

Long story short, if I login to my original game, where I have numerous completed collections, then use Settings to go to my Default Account (my second game) all of the collectibles from my first game are still there and I am able to redeem them for use in the second game.

The point of starting over, of course, was to play through, but once I realized I didn't have to wait forever to get enough bricks and wood, I took advantage of the glitch.

marycka
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Neat Glitch in Multiple Games

[Post New]by marycka on Sep 1, 14 4:47 AM
how did you start new game? i have a second user on my pc but was afraid to try as not to erase everything i have - been playing since last sept.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 1, 14 9:38 AM
JB, many of us would love to start again with a second game but seems like the only way to do that is to set up a second account on another computer, save them both to the cloud and then go back and forth between the accounts. Seems there is some manage to get it done on one account but we have never been given clear instructions on how to do so. Could you be the one to lead us to a fresh start without losing our old? I am so hoping so...

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 1, 14 7:35 PM
I have 3 games going. My collections seem to stay with the right game for the most part but my decor got messed up. I made one all animal theme and one all pirate theme on my two advanced games. Now they are both animal. My new game hasn't been customized yet. Sometimes my daily quests get really whacky and will change while I'm looking at them.
There is something I would like to say since this thread touches upon starting new games. I don't mind high auction prices for things that get you minigame resources but when you're starting a new game you mostly need wood, paint, and bricks, an incredible amount. I don't understand why so many people want to price gouge on the bronze collections for those items. I have thousands of building resources on my advanced games, I have no need for gentlemen's shoes, or flowing elegances, or cookie pots or dice. I have no need for money, either, so I'm sure people who are in the same advanced state don't need those things, either. Please be reasonably priced for those basic things that the beginner desperately needs and you really have no use for.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Sep 2, 14 2:12 AM
I have two games going - and yes, I had to start the second one on a different computer. It would not allow me to start a new game on my main computer without erasing the first. But that was before the cloud came into operation, so I am not sure if this has changed. But now that I have saved both to the cloud, I can now have either player on either machine. There was just one occasion soon after I did that when there seemed to be a bit of a swap-over - in my case I suddenly found that my second player had been bumped up to the same player level as the first, although she didn't acquire all the resources and other stuff as well! In fact I didn't really want to shoot up the levels too soon, as I missed out on collecting the gold for doing so.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 2, 14 2:26 AM
shagwendy:

3 games going - that would make my head spin. LOL

I had forgotten the need for building materials early in the game. I have more than 5000 of these resources. Because I never cash in these collections I have hundreds of these items that I would happily give away.

Off to auction. Anyone need items, please PM me.

Once again, thank you Shagwendy for bringing something important to my attention.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 2, 14 2:59 AM
shagwendy wrote:
I don't understand why so many people want to price gouge on the bronze collections for those items.
I have no need for money, either, so I'm sure people who are in the same advanced state don't need those things, either. Please be reasonably priced for those basic things that the beginner desperately needs and you really have no use for.

"Those people" know the same thing BZ and BF know - it is the new players that are actively playing trying to go up levels and NEED the building supplies and add in the factor that they don't know beans from applesauce yet either. Took me a week to figure out how to sort the dang auction correctly... FIND auction button sure makes that easier, really nice add on.

The only way that prices will come down is veteran players actively go in and list and list and list - supply goes up, demand goes down and so do prices. Pick two categories and for a week list those consistently. Make it one of your side things, keep track of when you have influenced things - it is pretty cool when you can do it. This is the same reason there is wholesale buying on the part of some - I am pleased to just out bid them lots of times.

But back to the topic, did you install start all three games on the same computer or use different ISP addresses and emails to start them?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 2, 14 5:26 PM
Wow, I had forgotten the days when we couldn't "Find Auction" That really was a pain, wasn't it?
My games were all started on different computers. Usually they all run fine, but some days it's like there's gremlins in the game. Sometimes I can list something for sale and still have the ability to bid on it, while the other game name can't, it gets the seller mixed up. Sometime I get a DQ, bid on it, and then a totally different DQ pops up. I think quite awhile ago it got my money and gold mixed up, but seems to be keeping them straight now. One of the advanced games went wonky when it came to finding the paintings, it would give me the quest but the painting wouldn't be in the scene, finally had to find all the pieces and cash them in all over again. The other game had no problems. Sometimes I've wondered about my inventory, it seemed mixed up, but I don't bother to keep track.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 2, 14 6:08 PM
The game has improved so much over the last year.

Shagwendy, sounds like any time you open of your games it has the chance of being a complete surprise. I like the gremlin comment very much.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 7, 14 4:16 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:JB, many of us would love to start again with a second game but seems like the only way to do that is to set up a second account on another computer, save them both to the cloud and then go back and forth between the accounts. Seems there is some manage to get it done on one account but we have never been given clear instructions on how to do so. Could you be the one to lead us to a fresh start without losing our old? I am so hoping so...

I'm on one computer and switch back and forth between the two games while playing. I found this all quite by accident.

Go into your game and select "Settings", then you should see either "Account" or "Log-in". If you are already logged-in, select "Account" then select :return to Default Account" it will NOT erase your current game. It will take you back to the main starting menu, you have to play through a few quests until you get to the point where you select your name. At that point you also get the option to enter an email address to save this new game under. You need be sure to use a different player name, and I think, a different email. Not 100% certain on that part but I did.

Once you've done that, then when you open the game it will open to your "Default Account" which is your new game. At any point in the game, select settings, then select Log-in, enter the info for your old game and it will load your previous game. To go back to the new game, select settings, Account, Default Account and you're back at your new game.

There are many benefits to this other than the glitch I have.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 7, 14 5:50 AM
Okay, I went and looked and Oddly is my default account. When I read your post I thought perhaps there was a default account setting but not sure where to go from here....

Under the Account tab I do have the ability to "unregister" the email account I am using.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Sep 7, 14 2:55 PM
I forgot... I also have different cursors in my different games

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 13, 14 7:28 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Okay, I went and looked and Oddly is my default account. When I read your post I thought perhaps there was a default account setting but not sure where to go from here....

Under the Account tab I do have the ability to "unregister" the email account I am using.

When you are in your default account as Oddly, do you see the option to "log-in". That is what is allowing me to change accounts while keeping the game open on the same computer. I would not recommend un-registering your default email.

Maybe it's just something to do with the way I first began the game? Perhaps use a different PC to enter the game, play through the new game until you get to the part where you pick your name. Make sure to pick a different name and use a different email. Then, close that game, open your game under the default account, select "log-in" and log-in with your second email and see if that works for you.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 13, 14 3:46 PM
Yes, if you start a new game on a different computer and save it to the cloud too; you are absolutely right that you can go between the two of them on the same computer. Perhaps you are right on thinking it was how you started the initial game. Happy that you have the two games. I suppose I could ask someone to start a second game for me but it seems such a lot to ask. <thinking about any broke friends I might have>

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 19, 14 5:21 AM
Oddly - I sent you a PM regarding an experiment.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 19, 14 5:58 AM
Got it - will do it this evening.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Sep 30, 14 6:11 AM
So this ability to go back and forth between games was really cool and everything was going along just fine until two days ago I opened the game and my "default game" which was registered had reset to the beginning. I had to sit there for almost an hour as it went through an extremely long list of congratulations screens on games and locations being unlocked. I tried to use my registered email on the default and it said that email was already registered. I did uninstall/reinstall to now avail, so now all I can do is log-in to each game.

What's really confusing to me is that if there is indeed supposed to be a default game, why is mine gone and how do I get it back?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 30, 14 6:19 PM
Might have to contact customer service, I remember something about this mentioned a couple of times but afraid I cannot find it in the threads.

When I added the second game, I must have clicked something because now my game manager is gone. Which really isn't a problem unto itself because all the information I might want is on my account. Saves seeing all the ads. But it is odd but getting use to it.

Go to: