bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gnumz: Masters of Defense here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 1, 14 6:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gnumz: Masters of Defense here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gnumz: Masters of Defense.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gnumz: Masters of Defense here!

[Post New]by Janette5 on Sep 1, 14 9:00 AM
This is a tower defense game and is similar to the fort defense, royal defense and toy defense games. Once you start playing you'll notice the familiar types of enemies, interface and what is now called magic items.

However, this one has changed things up. Instead of the usual weapons you have grates that you put down on the floor. Instead of the enemies that have strengths and weaknesses against certain weapons they are now split into earth, fire, shadow and ice. This makes the entire concept a little more tricky to master with getting to know where the strengths and weaknesses lie.

As with the other games you have a lot of upgrades to do and most likely won't get 3 stars until you've upgraded your weapons a bit and replayed some of the levels. The levels are still split into easy, normal and hard. In addition your weapons can be upgraded during the game as with the other games and here the situation is quite familiar, the final upgrade is your choice of two different weapons.

I do think this game gives enough unique elements to compensate those of us that were starting to get bored with all the similar defense games. I also found the layout to be much more trickier and with limited places for weapons would require a lot of strategy if you wanted to get 3 stars.

In addition you can now use your crystals to immediately deploy your magic items instead of waiting for the timer (but you still have the option of waiting for the timer.)

I had no problem completing the first 13 levels on easy in the demo hour, however, I did not complete all of them with 3 stars, (I didn't replay any of them or try to either).

I would recommend this game. Also note that it doesn't have to be fast-paced, you can always pause the game to place your weapons if you choose too.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 1, 14 4:21 PM
I do enjoy Tower Defence games, and there isn't enough of them on BF, IMO!

This one is similar to the others, as the other reviewer says, but does have some differences to make it a little more different and new,
The graphics are quite good, and the monsters fun. The sound effects are okay, but can be annoying if too loud. I always turn the music off on games.

This game is hard, right from the start, even on supposed "easy" level, and I can't get 3 stars on all levels. In fact, I have played the free hour, and now I am seldom getting 3 stars. I have bought the game, as I know I will enjoy it for a certain length of time, but I just have this feeling that it will shortly come to the point where it's almost unplayable due to the difficulty, and stop being fun. This has happened a couple of times with similar TD of this type. I'm just going to continue trying to get gems to upgrade as much as possible and then try and play some of the levels again. But the gems are reasonably plentiful, so upgrading, so far, has been easy.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 1, 14 4:38 PM
This is a love/hate relationship with this game. I loved the toy defense, garden defense, etc. And as the previous commenter said the ore is plentiful at the beginning. I have found, after I bought the game that when replaying a level, there is very little more ore to gain and sometimes none, I guess it depends how many stars you got on it the first round and if you gained any the next time.
The developers have almost made it too complicated with the characters and what kills them off, and is somewhat a little confusing to me, but that's me. Definitely not a relaxing game to play, the brain really has to work hard.
I have always wondered on what upgrades to do that would really best benefit one in being able to get all the stars. Guess I will play with a different name and do a different strategy to see what works best.
Has been a long weekend and I am tired, so hope I have made sense.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 1, 14 6:13 PM
one word: ADDICTIVE!

when the hour was over i was like, hey! where did the time go? i was just really enjoying it!

being familiar with garden/toy defense games, the overall format of the game was easily gleaned, but the flair added with the elements and a little magic was just what this girl needed to really get her in the groove! sure, you have to stop these thieves and skeletons and TROLLS from getting into your warehouse and stealing your ore, but in this round - it's all about how you go about doing it that changes everything up and makes it interesting!

the earth traps shoot up spikes in all directions OUCH
the ice scissors send razor sharp blades slicing through your enemies OOOH
the fire grates roast 'em and toast 'em AHHH
hee hee and the shadow traps steal their money while sucking the life out of them! cha-ching!

yes, i have been having quite a bit of fun with this one and urge you to give it a try even if you don't usually go for this kind of game... why? because sometimes, at the end of the day, when it seems like 'one more thing' is gonna set you off... it's just fun to drop a ton of boulders on some skeletons and watch 'em go >poof<

enjoy

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Sep 3, 14 12:59 PM
I have had this game for a few days now, and am enjoying it!

Yes, it IS hard, even on "easy", but the gems come quick enough to be able to upgrade weapons, so I have replayed the first few levels again to gain 3 stars to gain more gems. It's difficult to remember which baddies are killed by what, but I've just worked it out as I've gone along

Overall, an enjoyable game with fun graphics. I can also see this getting a few repeat plays. A rarity for BF games these days.......

Steamed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Steamed on Sep 21, 14 10:34 AM
[b]Ditto to all the preceding reviews --- except I don't expect to give up on getting three stars on all levels. I may still be trying while on my deathbed, though. I've discovered a sleazy trick that helped me get three stars on a couple of levels, but I'm ashamed to say what it is. Had not registered that the shadow magic has income potential so thanks for that.

azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azzie on Feb 4, 15 10:02 AM
Does this game work on a mac?

Most of the Tower Defense games don't work for mac so I wanted to check before buying this one.

Thanks

Go to: