Airliebird60
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

Unpinned Neighbours

[Post New]by Airliebird60 on Sep 2, 14 12:29 AM
Is it me, or has anybody else found that some of their neighbours have become unpinned, because this has happened to me for the last few days. I re pin them and when I check later they become unpinned again.

Very strange.

ETA This only happens on 100 Zombies Walk

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 3:43:33 AM PST

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:Unpinned Neighbours

[Post New]by Theorem on Sep 2, 14 2:19 AM
Hiya!

I am having problems as well.

I even noticed one of my neighbours completely disappears unless she sends me a gift. Then I can see her again and pin her again. As soon as I take her gift, poof, she's gone again!!

(and I have all my neighbours pinned for the moment).

mimsylu
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mimsylu on Sep 2, 14 10:40 AM
I also have a neighbor currently that will not stay pinned. In the past when this happened, eventually that neighbor disappeared, never to be seen again. I wonder if it is a result of problems with their own manor--crashing or limited ability to access their manor.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Sep 2, 14 11:42 AM
Probably not the case, but if you delete a neighbor and haven't accepted their gift(s), you can pin them but after you visit your first neighbor, they will be unpinned.

[Post New]by LadyWinter22 on Sep 2, 14 12:21 PM
I would guess you deleted that neighbour at some point. As long as you two keep sending each other gifts, that neighbour will show up, but if one of you takes a gift without returning it first, the neighbour will be gone for good (or until you send a new neighbour request, I suppose).

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Sep 2, 14 12:25 PM
Mimsylu, I had the same thing happen -- a neighbor who would not stay pinned and who eventually disappeared.

(I've also had neighbors added whom I know I didn't add! I'd put it down to a name change, but all the names that are on my printout are still there.)

BraidLady
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by BraidLady on Sep 2, 14 1:29 PM
Hi LaReina....
I'm glad you mentioned the new neighbors being added to your list without your knowledge. I thought I was crazy or somehow forgetful but it's happened several times over the last 2 weeks for me. They were all quite highly ranked and had unusual names so they stood out. I couldn't imagine anyone changing their name at level 85 & the like. Actually I was surprised anyone at that high rank inviting new neighbors anyway and wonder if I was added to them just as mysteriously.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Sep 2, 14 1:51 PM
BraidLady, it's happened to me twice now. The added manors, however, weren't really high-ranked; one was at 42 and the other, I think, at 37.

The game giveth and the game taketh away, I guess ... .

Another mystery of the bayou.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Sep 2, 14 7:43 PM
how do u remember who u gave presents to? I add 5 people per day and they switch them all over the place-to many people to remember so its hit and miss unless someone has a hint?

[Post New]by LadyWinter22 on Sep 2, 14 9:20 PM
rolldedice wrote:how do u remember who u gave presents to?

Each person does it differently. Some people don't bother to keep track, and just give gifts randomly or to the people who have played most recently. Some people actually keep long lists. I personally don't accept a gift from anyone until I've returned one to him, so I just gift the people who have given something to me.

Wintersand Manor & Honningbrew Meadery

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 9:54:30 PM PST

Airliebird60
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Airliebird60 on Sep 3, 14 12:59 AM
rolldedice

I found it easier to write down your neighbours manor names who you are sending gifts to. For me, I have 13 gifts to give every day so i write them down and the next day I scroll down to the last neighbour then do the next 13 neighbours ans so on.

Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Jadethefirst on Sep 3, 14 4:03 AM
Airliebird if you are using an iPad take a screenshot of the gifts, makes it easier on you than writing the names.

Airliebird60
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Airliebird60 on Sep 3, 14 4:31 AM
Hi Jadethefirst,

I don't own an iPad, I play on my laptop, but thanks for the info.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Sep 3, 14 9:54 AM
I have 130 neighbors. For me, that's sufficient.

I have them divided into groups of 13, and give my free gifts to a different group every day. Everyone receives a gift from me every 10 days, whether or not they reciprocate.

I also try to honor requests -- if someone asks for silver, I give silver; if someone asks for energy, I give energy. I also give premium gifts which can be kept or sold for silver; for example, everyone on my list recently received a grave marker.

Some neighbors have specified "no gifts," and I honor that request as well.

If someone hasn't played in a month or more, I replace him/her, unless it's someone whom I know has been locked out or on vacation and plans to return to the game.

Go to: