Please post your REVIEWS for: Fantasy Mosaics 4: Art of Color here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 2, 14 6:00 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 4: Art of Color here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 4: Art of Color .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for: Fantasy Mosaics 4: Art of Color here!

[Post New]by Jixio on Sep 2, 14 8:33 AM
I'm loving this game. Very challenging. Adding each color to the picture happens separately. It's hard to explain but it makes for a whole new take on this genre.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 2, 14 11:17 AM
I have all of the Fantasy Mosaics and this is my favorite so far.

Similar to the others the spaces fill up completely with color or the brown/grey out. As with the others there is a casual and advanced mode. I recommend casual to begin with because of the addition of colors.

You can switch between 3 different colors. In casual mode the board fills up when you have completed a section. To begin with on the first few levels I did one color at a time. On later levels it is necessary to switch back and forth between the colors to complete the board.

It is challenging in a way but not terribly so as yet. On level/section 6 now and so far the highest is still the 20 X 15 . I don't know yet if bigger boards will be in later or not since the last one never went beyond.

The colors are really nice and bright and the patterns easily recognizable once completed.

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on Sep 2, 14 12:30 PM
I really like these puzzles in the games I play and decided to try the previous version of this game as well as this one. As with the other one, this game comes with penalties. I don't have a problem with penalties if you're on the advanced mode but I do when on the casual mode. What part of "casual" don't people understand? I'm usually pretty good as these, but I do make mistakes. I don't understand why, in the casual mode, there are penalties at all. Isn't this all about having fun? How much fun is it if you get your hand slapped for not guessing right, especially when you're still trying to figure out how this particular game works.

For me, I don't do well at all with penalties. As a result, I just click delete when I might have bought the game otherwise.

Sorry!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 2, 14 12:31 PM
I have been waiting for a new Mosaic for a while. This one is a new take on it and I find it more challenging but also more fun. A buy for me. Thanks dev. for a new twist.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 2, 14 12:42 PM
A Big "DOMO ORIGATO" Fish (that is a Japanese carp with a thank you written on its gills in BIG BOLD LETTERS) for this new O'Ekaki. Thank you for adding much needed "colour" to my life. Don't you just love "our" British spelling of words? I love these games and the added color which makes it just a trifle more challenging. Finally get to use one of my coupons for a game which I will play. These are great if you wish to go "brain dead" - or if you are already "brain dead" like "moi," it doesn't take much motivation to play these! Being in my little "dojo" today it is nice to take a little break to play this.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 12:44:05 PM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 2, 14 3:31 PM
I really like this type of puzzle game, and I have the 3 previous titles in the series. I like the new take on the game with using multiple colors, which is similar to the World Mosaics FTP game.

I am off to use a PCC to purchase.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 2, 14 6:08 PM
i was sitting here in my desk chair yesterday hoping that the dev's of this wonderful game were going to come out with a new one (as i have played the other 3 to death and could probably do them in my sleep lol).

this is my absolute favorite out of all of them. it is very challenging yet calming at the same time (i do these to unwind and when i want something where i don't have to over think too much). this one is not a brain dead game with the color they have added in. i don't know exactly which level i am on but wish there were more than 3 colors (that is a hint to you dev's lol). with the color added to it you can actually make out what the object is supposed to look like after you are done.

only complaint i have with this series is when you finish all the levels you get an endless mode however the grids are only 10 by 15 and they are just random shapes not like an animal or something and also the only way to get back to endless if you end the game is to go back to level 20 and play the last level in that level to get back to endless and then it starts you all over again. wish the dev's would put as much into endless mode as they do in the regular game.

pssst....when is the next one coming out as i can hardly wait.

i give this game a 5 out of 5

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Sep 4, 14 1:17 AM
The music is a little tiresome, especially when it gets stuck in one's head, but next time I'll just mute it.

I love the rest of the game, and it's a definite buy.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Sep 4, 14 3:26 PM
I'm not convinced that I like this as much as the black and white ones - I find it a bit annoying to go back to add the other colors. However, it's better than nothing, so I'll use a coupon to get it. Please tell the developers that we need a way to access the endlesss mode puzzles without repeating the last puzzle to get at them, and it wouldn't hurt to have a replay option at the end of each puzzle for those of us ocd gamers who make a mistake and want to replay until we get it right. As it is, I have to exit to the menu, go back into play and choose the last completed puzzle to replay it.

riefer
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by riefer on Sep 6, 14 10:56 AM
I bought it, but now I wish I hadn't. It really really bothers me when these types of puzzles require you to guess (or use a hint or other powerup) in order to solve the puzzle. On the easier levels you don't have to, but starting around level 4 I started coming across ones that couldn't be solved through logic alone. Since this is a logic puzzle, it should be constructed properly to be solved by logic.

The first one I can remember is the fox one. There's no possible way to tell where the brown squares go by logic only. There are multiple logically-correct solutions. Not well done at all.

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on Sep 7, 14 12:41 PM
Georgiarealist.
I too don't like to move on until I can complete without mistakes. Not having the replay option is annoying but the easiest way is to make lots of mistakes then it says you have to replay. This is better than going 'out and in' again.
I know its not ideal.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 7, 14 4:30 PM
kszanz wrote:I really like these puzzles in the games I play and decided to try the previous version of this game as well as this one. As with the other one, this game comes with penalties. I don't have a problem with penalties if you're on the advanced mode but I do when on the casual mode. What part of "casual" don't people understand? I'm usually pretty good as these, but I do make mistakes. I don't understand why, in the casual mode, there are penalties at all. Isn't this all about having fun? How much fun is it if you get your hand slapped for not guessing right, especially when you're still trying to figure out how this particular game works.

For me, I don't do well at all with penalties. As a result, I just click delete when I might have bought the game otherwise.

Sorry!

My thoughts exactly... wish there weren't that big, noisy, loud 'mistake' pop up and then after 2 mistakes you have to start over!!?? Ugh. I'm new to these and really wanted to learn them yet with that integrated into the gameplay, forget it. Too bad. too, because the "pictures" are nice compared to others I've seen.

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Sep 7, 14 7:12 PM
I have all the games and this one has been a bit more challenging than the others. The biggest plus is the color, I can actually tell what the object is. I agree with the replay and accessing the endless mode another way without replaying the last game again. It could be a bonus round when you finish the main game. I would like the picture to stay up for a little longer. Some of us older folks would like more time for our eyes to adjust.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Sep 10, 14 7:25 PM
coqa wrote:Georgiarealist.
I too don't like to move on until I can complete without mistakes. Not having the replay option is annoying but the easiest way is to make lots of mistakes then it says you have to replay. This is better than going 'out and in' again.
I know its not ideal.

Yes, that's a possibility, but it would be a lot easier to have a replay button. After finishing the regular puzzles, I've decided that I really dislike the color version of the Endless ones - since they're not pictures of anything, there's no way to figure out the placement by shape, and I'm like others in disliking the random placement of some pieces. I'd much prefer a real logical solution, and at least with the pictures you can often figure out where the pieces should go. So for this particular game, I don't care that there's no way to access the Endless mode without replaying the last puzzle.

I did figure out that the later puzzles have some benefit from the colors, and it does make the game last a bit longer. However, I'd be happiest if the developers would focus on the black and white puzzles and tweak the games with the suggestions so many of us have made.

[Post New]by FOLIEMAD on Sep 23, 14 4:53 AM
Is there somewhere to pause the game? cannot find it.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 24, 14 11:26 AM
Foliemad, just click on menu and a pop up will come up pausing the game . then you can just hit continue when you are ready.

Go to: