gabrielsmom
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

What Are Postcards For?

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on Sep 2, 14 8:36 AM
What are postcards used for?

This whole social thing is a lot of work and confusing. Is there a way to turn it off and play offline?

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

Re:What Are Postcards For?

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 2, 14 9:19 AM
I'm curious about the postcards as well. What are we going to be able to do with those?

And about playing offline, I was just reading another thread where a moderator answered, and it doesn't look as though it's going to change. You won't be able to play offline anymore. He gave some lame answer.

You don't have to include yourself in the social scene. If anyone asks to friend you just decline. It won't affect your game.

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Sep 20, 14 9:24 AM
When you gift a friend, they return a postcard. It appears after you gift them, and you click get on the postcard. If someone gifts you, they can get a postcard from you by selecting get when it appears after they have gifted you.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 21, 14 6:12 PM
Yes, but the question is...what are they good for?

They appear in the miscellaneous tab.

Even though I stopped playing MC, I know that in that game they are used for crafting items. But we only craft collections in Found, and none of the collections (so far, at least) require postcards as chargers. (And if that's where they would be used, they would probably show up in the "For Collections" tab.)

So the question remains...what will we do with them?

I'd really like to know. I get 5 per day...have 5 real friends and imaginary John. I send a gift to each online player each day, and then get my cards.

Maybe they'd let us exchange a bunch of them for coins or diamonds...or give us a slot machine that uses the cards (similar to the one in ART). That way at least we'd have something to do with them. Shoot, they could add them to the wishing well as currency along with the coins and diamonds.

Any other suggestions?

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Sep 21, 14 6:23 PM
My thoughts is they are long the lines of the Dragon Eggs, remember when we had so many and didn't know what to do with them until the (I believe the spring festivities) came along. Yes, we always could use them for the Collection, but we had thousands of them...just my 2

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Sep 23, 14 10:47 AM
They are good for when a friend gifts you they can get a postcard (as a thank you) so that they can return one if someone gifts them as a thank you. That is all they are used for so far.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 24, 14 7:37 AM
We all know that is how to get them. But if there is no use for them, they are extraneous to the game.

We also all know that there is no other use for them at this time.

The question is, was, and will remain...what will we eventually be able to do with them?

If there will not be anything that requires them in any way, there is no reason for them to be here.

Which is why I'm suggesting possible uses, and hope that others will do the same.

SMF40
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by SMF40 on Sep 24, 14 10:52 AM
I feel confident that their use will be revealed in due time as were the dinosaur eggs. They aren't too difficult to ignore for now.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Sep 25, 14 12:25 AM
I wondered if the postcards would be anything to do with Christmas. Bows and stars? But then probably something to do with the 3rd island. Guess we will all find out eventually. For now I will just keep collecting them because they will be used in the game at some time for sure.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Sep 25, 14 12:47 PM
I my fantasy world I see that we will be able to exchange postcards for diamonds and other items we need.

Why not?

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Sep 28, 14 10:05 AM
I can only guess that postcards will be used either to banish a floater on the third island, or as an access key for a location. I would love to exchanged them for a special kind of chest that would shower us with amulets and items. I just hope that it won't be something like getting a 1000 coins for 10 postcards...

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 28, 14 1:11 PM
Yeah...maybe a chest with all the items on your current wish list...

gabrielsmom
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on Sep 29, 14 8:56 AM
If they are to be used for something I am in trouble. I choose to not play the social game. Too time consuming for very little reward-need 30 keys and can only get one at a time, etc.

Hopefully their use will not be for an important task.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Sep 29, 14 8:31 PM
Gabrielsmom, are you talking about the daily quests? These are nothing to do with postcards. You get one postcard for each gift you send a friend through Social. They will certainly be needed at some point in the game, perhaps something to do with the 3rd island. I guarantee that you will need them in the future because the devs never have us collecting stuff without having a reason for it.

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Sep 30, 14 11:20 PM
I think postcards are just as they are.
A simple note of Thanks for your gift.
Giving you enough to carry on in the game.
Hopefully, you send gifts to all who thoughtfully sends them to you.

lisalisa52
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lisalisa52 on Oct 2, 14 11:13 AM
Who cares, not at all happy that this game can only be played online, not sure that anyone I have sent gifts to have got them, so I am ignoring the social aspect of this game from now on.

Go to: