KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Ranch fishing question

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Sep 3, 14 3:59 PM
Hi there! Just a quick question: are there 2 available items to fish up at your ranch (after completing the appropriate quest), or more? Usually there are 2, but as a 'completionist' (lol) I was curious...

No spoilers for those of you who haven't fished here yet

steholl13
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Ranch fishing question

[Post New]by steholl13 on Sep 4, 14 8:28 AM
I'll take that as a hint.....

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 4, 14 8:26 PM
I thought that I had read about surprises for fishing at the ranch, but I haven't got anything yet. I wasn't sure if I had misread. I will have to go back and fish some more.

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Sep 5, 14 3:51 AM
I've only found two, but I admit that I don't fish much.

kittychix
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by kittychix on Sep 5, 14 1:35 PM
There are two for those who are looking for them

countrygal2
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by countrygal2 on Sep 6, 14 5:21 PM
I have just fished up 2 interesting items at the ranch (I am not saying what they were but they are good!!) I was doing 2 quests for farmer McDonald (sunken treasure) and the general store (shopping bags) which I fished up as well as a few fish and pieces of junk. Happy fishing everyone.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 6, 14 6:54 PM
How long did it take for people to find the items? I have fished around 100 times at my ranch and have had nothing special yet.

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Sep 7, 14 2:34 PM
meinaz wrote:How long did it take for people to find the items? I have fished around 100 times at my ranch and have had nothing special yet.

I found one item the first time* I fished; I found the other one the third time*.

*By "time", I mean each occasion when I've gone to the dock to fish, not how many times I've deployed my fishing pole once there.

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Sep 7, 14 5:04 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we get to keep the dock?

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Sep 7, 14 5:08 PM
VisionAri wrote:
meinaz wrote:How long did it take for people to find the items? I have fished around 100 times at my ranch and have had nothing special yet.

I found one item the first time* I fished; I found the other one the third time*.

*By "time", I mean each occasion when I've gone to the dock to fish, not how many times I've deployed my fishing pole once there.

Thanks. I have found one item, but I have been fishing there about 5 times with over 150 casts.

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 8, 14 5:09 AM
Hi Discus3,

I sincerely hope so!

I bought land up to the river, because I had expected there to be a fishing hole and was really disappointed when there wasn't. So you can imagine my delight when I saw the dock quest!

But of course I went round the wrong side of the house and now have to save up 350 000 coins to buy the piece with the dock... not a hope I'll get there before the event ends (I grow fruit during events for more whacking).

Surely there are a lot of us lower level players who haven't reached that side of the river yet. It would be too cruel to take the dock away from us, right?

KJill
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by KJill on Sep 8, 14 7:21 AM
As to keeping the dock, I too hope so, I don't have any of the plots by the river opened up yet but have gotten the dock built. Not thinking about the fishing option there I have been working on buying up the land on both sides of the house and as you all know those plots just keep getting more and more expensive. Have been growing only gold crops this past week and saving it all but I don't know if I will have enough to actually buy the plot to access my dock before the end of the event!

kittychix
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by kittychix on Sep 8, 14 4:07 PM
The dock is indeed a permanent addition to the ranch, and for anyone who was unable to afford the dock during the course of the event, your dock is there waiting for when you can buy that plot.

For players who start after the event ends/weren't able to finish the quests during the event, we'll be adding a way for them to get the dock on their ranches at some point in an update.

=^.^=
CNE Community Manager

rob_nobody
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by rob_nobody on Sep 8, 14 6:03 PM
Great news, kittychix

Thanks for that!!!

Go to: