kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

90 minutes?

[Post New]by kpajak on Sep 4, 14 7:10 AM
Just wondering, I downloaded the Fierce Tales game, it says I have 90 minutes for the demo, yet, I have 64 minutes left, and the demo is over.... why I ask do we have less time than when they use to say we had 60 minutes???? just askin'

90 minutes?

[Post New]by Silverblue8 on Sep 4, 14 7:22 AM
kpajak wrote:Just wondering, I downloaded the Fierce Tales game, it says I have 90 minutes for the demo, yet, I have 64 minutes left, and the demo is over.... why I ask do we have less time than when they use to say we had 60 minutes???? just askin'

Good question, I've been wondering that also.

Edited on 09/04/2014 at 7:23:14 AM PST

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

Re:90 minutes?

[Post New]by tejasgal on Sep 4, 14 8:01 AM
It IS rather misleading to say you have a 90 minute demo as it should say 90 minutes or until you get to a certain point in the game where we will cut you off.
I have played many demos that say 90 but when I get to the cut off point, there is usually 30 to 60 minutes left on the counter. (shrug)

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 4, 14 8:17 AM
I personally likje the 90 minute demo because it gives me time to take notes for my reviews, check out the "Extras" that are offered, play with my puppy, etc. LOL. No, really, I like that I can take time checking out things I normally wouldn't have time for. And, although I have also completed many a game in less time than allotted for now, there have been the occasional games that have left me only scant minutes left when the demo ended. Remember, I DO take time to check things out before I play the game which takes time away from the actual demo game play.

My take on it is this: game offerings are getting way worse than way better. A fool and his money are soon parted - or something like that. Maybe Devs think we've been doing this so long we've all become fools. Not I.

Pls excuse any typos, I have a puppy sitting in front of me licking my face as I type. LOL.

Luck to all with the game.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 4, 14 9:41 AM
Hey there,

I just wanted to pop in and help clarify the situation with the demo length.

Games will come with either a free trial or a free demo. A trial can be played up to any point, within the allotted 90 minutes, while a demo is stopped at a certain point in the game. Most demos can be played through within the 90 minutes given, and depending on how skilled a player is, it may be even shorter than that.

The length of a demo doesn't necessarily determine the length of the game, since there may be many more chapters that come after the end of the demo, and some chapters may be longer than the ones included in the demo.

You can always see which games offer a trial and which ones have a demo, by looking right under the Play Now button. The size of the demo file will also be noted, which could also give you an idea of how long the demo is, in relation to the full game.

I hope this information helps, but if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by moonfish1956 on Sep 4, 14 1:43 PM
Many thanks bfgVaiya for clearing up the issue of free trial or demo.
After 6-7yrs as a game club member I'm ashamed to say I've never noticed there was any difference in the wording below the play button. Excellent question kpajak!
IMO, BFG shouldn't put any time on limited demos as it doesn't matter how long one plays - the demo will end when it ends regardless of time. Therefore being slower or faster doesn't come into the equation. Good idea?
Many thanks to all who contribute to the forums - I learn a lot from your input and I believe it to be a very important part of being a game club member.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Sep 5, 14 8:47 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey there,

I just wanted to pop in and help clarify the situation with the demo length.

Games will come with either a free trial or a free demo. A trial can be played up to any point, within the allotted 90 minutes, while a demo is stopped at a certain point in the game. Most demos can be played through within the 90 minutes given, and depending on how skilled a player is, it may be even shorter than that...

...I hope this information helps, but if there are any questions, please feel free to PM one of the Mods!

bfgVaiya

Beat (or Beet) me to it bfgVaiya & Tauret..

And explained it much better than I could have... I have noticed that a lot more games are now offering a Demo rather than the first 90 minutes of the game, choosing to finish it at the end of say the first chapter or at a point that may leave you wanting more.

I prefer this as like mrm2006 I like the time to see everything at my leisure which is of interrupted by a Chaos wanting my undivided attention ...

Chaos would fit into this game well being a Fierce puddy tat *he's my furbaby who showed a lot of interest in the cat sounds coming from my speakers... he is currently sitting on the sub woofer chewing my bed sock again sigh ... anyone want to be he's chew toy whilst I replay the game again ...

Also I'm glad they have extended the time from an hour to the 90mins as well I'm not the fastest player and was often over my 60mins when finishing Demo games ....

So now I don't really pay attention to how much time I have left over... And I prefer the Demos over a trial due to the lesser download needed ...

But the main thing I look for is my enjoyment factor of the game (and if I enjoyed the developers previous games plays a part of it as well )...

But in this case it's all about CATS of sorts and whilst I liked both the other Fierce Tales ( Marcus' Memory & The Dog's Heart ) I just can't pass by anything with CATS...

Now I'll just have to wait until the weekend SALE pops up ....

MWAH and have a good weekend fellow Fisheesss

PS: Just want to add "Come on the Freo Dockers"... My Aussie Rules Football team is in a Final today... So please send your happy thoughts their way

Go to: