Gubey2001
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

stuck in temple of thot

[Post New]by Gubey2001 on Jul 7, 08 8:48 PM
can anyone help. In the temple of thot (logic puzzle) i have a little red guy (blocker). How do I complete the puzzle if I have to include him in the solution?

Re:stuck in temple of thot

[Post New]by teaboo on Aug 27, 08 9:25 AM
hi, I'm stuck on the second part of thot in the last level as well, the other temples where a cake walk compared to this one. I think that there should be a hint that would place a piece and lock it in place so we have somewhere to start and a second hint that we have to lose points to get that would lock in a second piece. At least we would have a starting place to work around. It takes to long to get the 3 points to skip a level and you can't get points if you can't pass a level. Other than thot I love this game and play it alot.

[Post New]by teaboo on Aug 29, 08 10:11 PM
Hi again,

I changed to the relaxed mode of the game and saved all my magic points for the last 6 set in the third level and was able to finaly complet all the level's.your tips were very helpful although I had to start some level over 3 or 4 times. Boy am I glad to be finished with thot.

Thaks

Teaboo

mason6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mason6 on Sep 20, 08 6:38 AM
I love this game. I have many conversations with Khufu though as sometimes he uses his magic at the wrong time for me after I have just set up some matches. Thot is a little more difficult than the others but being a very logical person I persevere and am slowly making progress with Thot. The rest of the temples are quite easy. I really enjoy this game due to the different types of match 3 puzzles in each temple.

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Sep 20, 08 6:46 AM
I admit to being a total logic geek, and completed all the levels of Thot without using any hints. In fact, I used Thot to relax from some of the other temples.

My least favorite temples is Bast, as it seems the most tedious.

amybc
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by amybc on Sep 20, 08 6:05 PM
[b]I am stuck on temple of thot level 4. Nothing I do seems to work. I'm always left over with some of the tiles. Can somebody give me some help. Please

Thanks

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 27, 08 7:54 AM
I have lots of pictures of solved Thot puzzles in my photobucket. I can't post the link here because Big Fish does not allow links in the forums. If you would like the link to the pictures send me a private message. We are allowed to send links in private messages. The puzzles are random so the pictures are just examples but they may help.

[Post New]by WeissVixen on Sep 28, 08 7:51 PM
There are two things I keep in mind when doing Thot:
1) If you have a really small color group, like 3-5 tokens, figure out what corner to stash it in, and then leave it there.
2) Sometimes you have to break up the large color groups to make everything come out right.

Otherwise, just be prepared to restart (not shuffle) a level - that'll give you a different color split-up, and often that makes it easier for me to put together the pieces in the right way.

RainCat
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by RainCat on Sep 29, 08 6:26 AM
I agree with Weissvixen -- restart is your friend! Sometime you can use it to get rid of (or get) the dual colored pieces or the black pieces.

Use it liberally.

And do not be afraid to separate a color into multiple parts.

Also, once the blue monkey says that "you can win in just one move", be methodical in testing all possibile swaps if you still don't see the solution.

Turn down the volume on the computer and listen to some other music while you puzzle (radio, mp3 player, etc.)

[Post New]by winner417 on Sep 29, 08 7:01 AM
Hi everyone - I'm stuck in this temple too toward the beginning of silver level and appreciate the suggestions. I absolutely love this game except for this level and I like some others am a logic problem geek - knowing others have gotten through all levels - I am now ready to persevere and not give up. Have a great day everyone

castellerin
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by castellerin on Oct 20, 08 1:50 PM
RainCat...........I can't believe you played Thot to relax..... lol I have a migraine and I am only on level 21. I found all the other levels easy and liked Bast. How do I get rid of that little ugly black&red monster?? You can't win with him and he is coming up on every shuffle or restart of my measly level 21!

Thanks everyone
Miss Clairol

Edited on 10/20/2008 at 1:58:44 PM PST

dexter3657
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by dexter3657 on Oct 20, 08 9:23 PM
Castellerin. You can win with the "ugly black and red monster". You just need to fit into the puzzle. It will usually work on an "intersection" between two colors. I usually try to put blocks of colors together, this will tell you how many pieces of each you have. It should be pretty easy to tell where some of the colors go based on the numbers. Usually the grid is in odd or even number sections - as in some sections need 7 pieces or others 8. Look for patterns like you have 4 sections that need 7 pieces and you have 3 sets of 7 of each color but one color of 6 pieces - try to work the black piece into that section to make up the 7th piece. It is hard to explain with out posting pictures, but I've played the whole game through 3 times and this is my fav temple. You CAN win with the black pieces.

Go to: