i have the same problem

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Game keeps freezing!!

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Sep 6, 14 1:31 AM
Hi there,
No problems on my laptop running Windows 7.
On what are the two of you playing?

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Sep 6, 14 1:32 AM
Yep-me too-yet another bug filled game from BFG dont they test the games??? Do they care about their customers?? I'm beginning to think not. They used to be much better than this

[Post New]by Vampyrlady2264 on Sep 6, 14 1:48 AM
Windows 8.1

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Sep 6, 14 2:10 AM
Yep.. same thing happening with me. Keeps Freezing!! Too bad, I was going to buy it but too many glitches.. I'm playing with windows 8.1.

seaseaone
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by seaseaone on Sep 6, 14 2:25 AM
giddiup101 wrote:Yep.. same thing happening with me. Keeps Freezing!! Too bad, I was going to buy it but too many glitches.. I'm playing with windows 8.1.

Me too, same system, Bad BFG

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Sep 6, 14 2:55 AM
I'm running Windows 8 and I get messages to upgrade it to 8.1... But it seems lots of people have problems with games freezing using 8.1 so I might just stay at 8...

Oh it didn't freeze up (I should add that in sorry).... The only game that I've had problems with is Weeping Women...

To answer the question don't they test the game (and no I'm not a Big Fish employee) but I would imagine it would be imposable to test on all platforms... I mean in just these few post there is 3 different types...

Also as previous people have posted Big Fish is just the place were we buy the games from not the maker of the games... It's like going into any game store and if the game doesn't work for you they have to report that back to the maker of the game... I feel for Big Fish sometimes as we seem to blame them for everything... From cutsee game charterers to large file downloads... But maybe it's just me...

Lastly and I promise to go away after this.... Yes there is BETA testing before the games are released on different levels. Sometimes the game company will ask for people to test the game when it's first made and some BETA is run as a download through Big Fish. I've Beta quite a few games and it can be hard to give good feedback when the questionnaire limits your responses.

But then it is great when they take peoples feedback and change some things in the game... But again that's the makers of the game not Big Fish...

One last note this company loves the name Margaret Reusing it from their
Mystery Tales: The Lost Hope Game... but I don't think it's a second part...

Oorroo and of my soap box
Dudesmum

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 6, 14 3:11 AM
The game ran perfectly for me, so it's not 'bug-filled' as far as my PC is concerned. And no problems with game freezing either. Desktop using Win7.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 3:13:41 AM PST

angelfiche
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by angelfiche on Sep 6, 14 3:17 AM
Glad to say I have no problem with game freezing and I'm also using Windows 8.1. Well that's the state of play during the demo anyway. Just bought this game so fingers crossed it doesn't start freezing once I've paid, which has happened a couple of times. But happy so far :-)

[Post New]by vivking48 on Sep 6, 14 3:30 AM
Mine keeps freezing also

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Sep 6, 14 3:56 AM
I'm on windows 8.1 and There is no problem with freezing. It's a p.c.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 6, 14 4:04 AM
I have also encountered the game freezing and cannot even get the game to actually get past the loading stage once I hit play. Also using Win8.1 which I only just upgraded to two days ago. I may just revert back to see if this is the problem.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Sep 6, 14 4:42 AM
W8.1. It freezes and locks up my laptop. Only cure is a forced shutdown and reboot. Ctrl/Alt/Del won't work. It happened first in the garden and then in the castle.

EDIT: I turned off the custom cursor and one other special setting and no more freezes so far. I'm guessing it's a memory problem and W8.1 seems to be more susceptible to it. My older laptop benefited from the same thing, but this newer one very rarely freezes. It's not W8.1 so much as a poorly written game.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 5:30:35 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 6, 14 4:59 AM
I'm running Windows 8.1 and I'm having the freezing issue with the game too. I've posted in the tech thread about it.

I recently had a discussion with our tech expert - something like our family doctor! LOL! There seems to be a great amount of issues/problems Windows 8.1 users have to deal with, unfortunately, ever since they upgraded to this particular OS. Now, Microsoft seems to be in quite a rush to release Windows 9. Some speculate it will happen at the beginning of 2015 and others at the end of this month. You can find many articles about this online. The truth is I'm having quite a few issues with Windows 8.1 myself. Not so much with games but with certain other functions of my computer.

Could this be due to our OS? I don't know... It could. However, I'm having a hard time to imagine that the developers of this game didn't take the time to check if their game works properly on this particular platform. I understand it may be difficult and time consuming but I wonder... On which platforms have they actually tested their game before releasing it?!

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 5:21:15 AM PST

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Sep 6, 14 5:12 AM
Looks like Windows 8.1 might be the problem? Definitely not going to upgrade now lol.

[Post New]by holtsylv31 on Sep 6, 14 5:14 AM
Once again~~~~~ BFG has let us down. No, I dont think they test all the games. To busy trying to take your money. Going to start looking around for a different gaming site.

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Game keeps freezing...NOT!!

[Post New]by reesy37 on Sep 6, 14 6:09 AM
No problems here!!
Windows 7

[Post New]by NancySusan on Sep 6, 14 6:20 AM
No problems on Windows 8 desktop; I've been chastising myself for not upgrading to Windows 8.1, hmmm. Maybe I'll continue putting it off.

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Sep 6, 14 8:33 AM
Win 8.1 laptop. Freezing every ten minutes more or less. Can CAD and sign off then back on to start game again. Sad. I am enjoying the game itself just tired of the freezing. Thankfully I did not purchase yet.

Go to: