catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 6, 14 2:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the Operating System you're using.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 6:19:12 AM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 6, 14 3:19 AM
The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Discus4566 on Sep 6, 14 3:35 AM
Exactly the same problems as "Tammytheo" (except that I haven't bought the game yet).

Desktop with Windows 8.1 64 bits and i7-4770 CPU

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 6, 14 4:00 AM
I can only get past the options/level page. Once the game begins loading it just freezes. As those above, I had to CAD to get out and even then my task manager would not load and then I tried closing the game via the game icon. When absolutely nothing else would work, I had to restart my computer. I am also using Win 8.1, 64bit, 10g ram, NVidia HD graphics card with 4mb ram, 2tb HD.
I already have 4 games that I cannot finish with no fix to date. What is going on with these games lately? I rarely in the 7 years or so that I have been a member had any problems like this. I always buy a computer that I build for gaming. I just don't understand how these games are making it out of BETA testing if this problem is showing itself at the opening of the game. Is it a Win8 problem? Guess, I'll just have to wait like I have been for the others to be updated.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 4:25:20 AM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Sep 6, 14 4:00 AM
I'm on a p.c.windows 8.1 and there is no problems with freezing, my problem is that the sound keeps coming on despite the fact I've switched it off on the game options section.
I was going to buy this game but with the problems everyone is having I'm backing off fast!

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 4:02:39 AM PST

Download

[Post New]by My97toy on Sep 6, 14 4:28 AM
I can't download it, it gets to 95% installed then stops, I can't do anything with my laptop and have to turn it off. I am running windows 7 ultimate.

[Post New]by holden0014 on Sep 6, 14 4:41 AM
My game keeps freezing also

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 6, 14 5:19 AM
Window 8.1

That is it for me, the game went to a total white screen when I was in the bedroom. I guess I will wait and see if they come out with a fix if they want us to be able to play it.

Glad I didn't purchase it yet!

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Sep 6, 14 5:59 AM
tammytheo wrote:The game keeps freezing on me too. I can't exit with the Windows button - only with CAD. Right after, the desktop becomes a black screen and there's no way to shut the game down so I have to restart my computer. When I go back it plays ok for a while and then (oh, how lovely!) it freezes again! I have already purchased the game by the way.

This is the first time since I bought this blessed laptop of mine that I'm having such issues with a game. Windows 8.1 64-bit 5core processor laptop.

I'm hearing the sounds of the game right now but I can't close the program using the icon on the bar at the bottom of the screen as usually. I have to shut my computer down! And I can't do anything from the desktop as I have no desktop to use!

Exactly the same here. How annoying. Hope they can fix it very soon.

loridobs
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by loridobs on Sep 6, 14 6:00 AM
I am having the same problem with the game freezing!

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 6, 14 6:19 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Sep 6, 14 6:22 AM
Update 10/22/2014 - I just installed Windows 10 preview and installed Labyrinths...
The game seems to run without a hitch so far. Based on what I've read so far, Windows 8.1 seems to be the problem. Maybe this will help.

Game freezes at almost every screen transition. Tried all the troubleshooting tips; compatibility settings, reinstall, updated windows and video card, disabled custom cursor, tried various screen settings all to no avail. I am running windows 8.1. Game has same issues on two different windows 8.1 machines. Error messages:

"bfgclient.exe application error The instruction 0x771ef8a2 referenced memory at 0x0000004. The memory could not be written."

This has been a consistent error every time the system freezes on both computers. After restarting the game the screen freeze occurs at virtually every time the game goes to a new screen transition but not at part that previously cause the screen issue. Strange.

Seems like I have more and more problems with the new BFG that have come out in the last 2-3 months. It is getting frustrating that I have to spend sooooooo much time troubleshooting game issuea instead of enjoying the actual game. So far BFG support has been little help in resolving these most recent problems.

Edited on 10/22/2014 at 10:15:36 PM PST

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Sep 6, 14 6:31 AM
Thankfully I came here before I purchased the game. Like the rest, I am having the problem of the game freezing and the white screen in the bedroom. Believe I'll wait for the fix.

[Post New]by canadianyay on Sep 6, 14 7:00 AM
temporary workaround for freezes:
Copy the icon for the Windows Task Manager (open the Task Manager and drag to the toolbar) into your Windows toolbar. When you get frozen, open the Task Man., look under Processes tab, highlight and CANCEL the game title. You don't have to cancel BF, but you can do that too. If you don't have access to the tool bar when the game freezes, try pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and it might help.

This works in many game situations: difficulty in startup due to improper closing of previous play. Saves waiting for a reboot.

It might not work for you in this instance, but it's worth a try if you've already bought the game and are feeling frustrated. I get stuck in Midnight Castle all the time because in closes improperly and will not reopen.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 6, 14 7:10 AM
I'm not happy reading all this, but I'm glad I did. I did a Beta for this game with no problems whatsoever. Now, I expect I'll have to play the entire demo before deciding whether or not to purchase. I surely don't need yet another unplayable game.

Cr1s
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Cr1s on Sep 6, 14 7:38 AM
It keeps freezing on my laptop (Windows 8) as well. So disappointing...

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 6, 14 7:56 AM
Game froze on me also and locked up my whole computer. Got as far as the gate lock and it froze for the 2nd time. When I alt control delete to get task manager, my screen goes completely black and I cannot bring up task manager.

ETA: uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the problem and I get access violation error ox0074E2F4. I have windows 8.1 which just downloaded yesterday. Prior I had windows 8 and no problems.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 9:55:20 AM PST

dobermans
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dobermans on Sep 6, 14 8:00 AM
was fine until i reached the first portal, than froze. couldn't even ctrl, alt, delete. had to shut down lap top. windows 8

Ratwek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ratwek on Sep 6, 14 8:08 AM
Freezing with me too. 32-bit, Windows 8.1 laptop. Must CAD and sign off and back on to start again. Will freeze again after about 10 minutes of play.

ecko
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by ecko on Sep 6, 14 8:34 AM
Tried downloading twice and both times, it stops at about 95% and I get a message that the game manager has stopped working. Not going to try a third time. Good luck to the rest of the "fishies".

Go to: