annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Now, trouble with the rest of the helping the scientist last half

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 6, 14 9:11 AM
Now, I cannot move the knife or the tweezers to do the rest of mixing the stuff in scienctist house. What do you do? Is this also part of the original glitch? Love the game, just got major areas that need addressing badly and sooner than later.

Now, trouble with the rest of the helping the scientist last half

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Sep 6, 14 9:48 AM
annibelle1 wrote:Now, I cannot move the knife or the tweezers to do the rest of mixing the stuff in scienctist house. What do you do? Is this also part of the original glitch? Love the game, just got major areas that need addressing badly and sooner than later.

Yes, this is a major glitch and doesn't seem to have a solution to allow you to work around it (like the problem with the Sun Sign). Players who encounter this have had to skip the task to continue.

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Now, trouble with the rest of the helping the scientist last half

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 6, 14 11:14 AM
How do you skip it? Do you buy orbs? LOL, I am this far along and don't know. You know, it would be ashamed if they had the makings of a good game, and failed to make these very important items "come together". I sure don't want to spend money for nothing, or "not so sures". LOL, Fixed income, money tighter for everyone. If I see the ending of the game, etc. Yes, I would do it. Got any suggestions?

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Sep 6, 14 11:41 AM
annibelle1 wrote:How do you skip it? Do you buy orbs? LOL, I am this far along and don't know. You know, it would be ashamed if they had the makings of a good game, and failed to make these very important items "come together". I sure don't want to spend money for nothing, or "not so sures". LOL, Fixed income, money tighter for everyone. If I see the ending of the game, etc. Yes, I would do it. Got any suggestions?

In your case, I would not spend the orbs or the money. Getting past the flower and making the poison means nothing if you can't pick up the painting in the Mansion Courtyard. You'll still be stuck in the end.

The problem with these glitches is that they're not effecting everyone, just certain games and the cause is unknown. For most players, the game works fine.

What I would do in your case is either restart the game and hope the glitches don't happen again or continue to play hidden object scenes in your current game and collect items for your inventory. Hopefully, with the next update, they will have a fix for both of those issues.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 11:43:33 AM PST

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 19, 14 6:57 AM
Is the scientist potion still included in the quest? It is on the table, twinkles ,etc. You can move what you could before and not what is needed. I might be missing something. It is the second half of the creation..cutting and pouring stuff. It is not listed so far again in the quest area either. Just curious. Maybe it couldn't be fixed?

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 19, 14 10:23 AM
It's a very undtable part of the game, annibelle. with TeeRex i got to cut the flower after a few tries with no major problem.
with my second account i had to skip it because i could get only the first cut but not the subsequent ones (the flower must be cut several times till it reaches smaller pieces then you can pick it with the tweezers).
skipping costed only 2 orbs, so after a number of tries over some 2 or 3 days i simply gave up. you don't need to spend real money, wait till you level up (it will give you 3 free orbs) then skip it if you didn't get it till there. but keep trying some more.
in my many tries i have observed that there is a point, sort of middle-right from the flower center, where the knife kind mof holds a bit. if you can manage to make successive clicks over that point without the knife sliding back to its original position, it will cut the flower. it's hard to get and requires lots of tries and patience, but that's how i got the first cut to work. i didn't get the other ones though. maybe you have better luck.

annibelle1
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by annibelle1 on Sep 21, 14 5:59 AM
By the way, Tee Rex, I love the name! Plus, you contribute alot of information to the game and this has really helped me stick with it. I really like this forum so much because of the helpful nature of the people who make it so! Thank you!

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Sep 21, 14 11:53 AM
Annibelle1, also, if you don't have 2 orbs, maybe try to complete an achievement (click on trophy cup icon on the upper right of your screen), which will give you orbs.

Go to: