catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Kingdom Tales 2 here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 8, 14 1:40 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 7:09:54 AM PST

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Kingdom Tales 2 here!

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 8, 14 5:17 AM
Ok, am I the ONLY one up at this ungodly hour of the morning/night playing this demo? Guess so. Ok, here goes my 2 cents.

I was surprised to find I didn't own the 1st in this series because I enjoyed playing this game so very much. There was a LOT to like. For instance, there are several difficulty modes, timed and relaxed modes, the first 5 levels are strictly tutorial, you're given a mini tutorial whenever a "new" item comes along to do, the funny characters, the graphics and the music. Have I missed anything? Oh yeah, you have unlimited workers AND they can multitask so you don't have to wait for one thing to get done and then start another. Got 3 houses to build and all need upgrades? If you have the materials and food you need just click away and send your workers running around. There's also the fact that if you play the "relaxed" mode, you aren't competing with yourself to get "x" number of stars and gold/silver trophies. I hate that.

What I didn't like: Count Ohli - the mean, evil character also after the Princess' hand.

What concerned me: The length of the game. The game description says 40 levels and I got through quite a few during the hour demo. I'm assuming as the game levels up more the levels become more task-heavy and thereby time-consuming.

For me, this is definitely

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 5:17:51 AM PST

[Post New]by boris_mikic on Sep 8, 14 5:37 AM
Hello mrm2006,

We're glad that you like the game.

Yes, the earlier levels are a bit easier and shorter, but later levels usually take a lot longer to complete. During our beta testing, the testers usually completed the game in around 7 hours on average. And that's while playing in Normal mode with a time limit and getting 3 stars in all levels.

---
Boris Mikic
Cateia Games

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 11:23:26 PM PST

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 8, 14 7:10 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Kingdom Tales 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Kingdom Tales 2 .
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Sep 8, 14 10:23 AM
I just finished the demo, playing in relaxed mode, and reached level 10. So for really advanced players the game may not be long enough, but when I start trying to get stars I'm sure I'll be at it for days!

I just LOVE that you have unlimited workers! And this is just about the only game in the hundreds that I have where I'm willing to leave the music on. It's very pleasant, and isn't as repetitive as most games. That's a BIG plus for me.

This is a definite buy for me!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Sep 8, 14 6:03 PM
Like the other reviewers I love not having to buy workers. That's a real plus for me. I like that you can upgrade your house and not lose the rent. The only negative thing I can say so far is that I wish the upgrade options would kick in sooner than they do. This is my favorite type of game and this one is way up high on my list of favorites already.
Oh, one more thing. It would be nice if you could just pass your pointer over the rent to collect it rather than clicking. But that's a small thing really.

kspes
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by kspes on Sep 8, 14 10:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

Glad to see you like the game we made The things you are complimenting are actually suggestions given to us by the fishies who played our earlier time management games

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Sep 9, 14 4:46 PM
We appreciate that you read the reviews and put the suggestions into action. I said earlier that I wish you could upgrade sooner. I take that back now. Since I'm getting deeper into the game I believe you were right in how you designed it. Now I think it would mess up the flow of the game. I really love this game!!!

riafree
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,380 Posts

[Post New]by riafree on Sep 9, 14 11:00 PM
hi there
i really love this game. so cute

[Post New]by rosemary9468 on Sep 18, 14 7:03 AM
I think the game could be good but unable to build huts. have the cash, cleared the roads, have built 2 house but unable to get the others built. click on the huts and the lights turn green but nothing happens. keep collecting tax/rents. can build workshop but not house or hut. I need to sort this out to buy it?
also....no hints to help. should I play kingdom tales 1?

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 19, 14 3:46 PM
what a cute little game.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Sep 21, 14 7:02 PM

My comments are based upon completing the entire game in "Normal" and "Extreme" mode, then returning to do it all again! :-)

I loved:

1. The voice-over in the opening scene. This just grabs your attention.
2. The game plays in HD - no annoying "black bars" !
3. "Homescreen" graphics with our Princess and Finn in the foreground were outstanding! The Princess and Finn looked like Disney characters, and the background artistry was exemplary. The details in buildings, characters, even the pack mule, and flowing water behind were all remarkable.
4. The timer doesn't start until the first mouse click after the tutorial.
5. Being able to hover over the objectives on the side of the screen so I know what I need to accomplish in a level.
6. Unlimited workers. This is very helpful if you have enough resources to complete multiple tasks at once.
7. Quick load between levels!!!!
8. Progress on a level is saved.
9. Clear and concise tutorial that can quickly be turned off. (I liked that I could "cheat" a little in the tutorials by getting buildings established or resources stocked before the timer even started.) ;-)
10. Can quickly skip through dialogue.
11. Hidden treasure! I loved the extra bonus materials when I found the treasure....but didn't know about it until 8 levels in to the game! I thought that the "hidden gold" that was buried in the ground was the treasure. I couldn't understand why I wasn't getting credit for finding it on the levels and thought that it was a glitch. I discovered, accidentally, that the sparkles indicated the hidden treasure. In this type of game, most are focused on tasks rather than "sparkles". It was not until level 12 that the "Tip" regarding the hidden treasure is revealed. This should be in the tutorial, especially since there is hidden treasure in every level. We should know about it immediately in the game.
12. Complexity, strategy, and multi-task/planning ability later in the game. (The "gentle" learning curve should not fool those who have played only the demo, or portion of the demo, in to believing that there is no strategy or challenge in this game).

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Sep 21, 14 7:04 PM
contd:
13. "Lions, tigers and bears..oh my..." Not exactly, but..... we do have griffons, dragons, witches, boars, evil mushrooms, dark trees, thieves and henchmen. Did I miss some?? ;-)
14. Great replay value... I am already in to my second re-play, and still having fun! I've had 20 hours of fun play, and was definitely offered a challenge;-)
15. You don't have to play the entire game to play in a different mode. I loved that I could play a level in normal mode, then immediately play in extreme mode if I so chose.

I didn't like:

1. That the workers ran back to the town hall after completing a task, such as up-grading a building, even though I had clicked to immediately upgrade.
2. Clicking on debris, then having to click on "clear" to actually clear debris.
3. Resources: often having to purchase significantly more than I needed, e.g. having to buy 400 units of wood when I just needed 20 units of wood to complete a level/task.
4. The Spin Wheel and Caves: To me they were a complete waste of time and valuable gold. Just like Vegas...they rarely paid out! ;-)
5. I loved the sound of the rain and thunder, but couldn't turn off the annoying hammering noises.

What I would like to see:

1. To hover over "enemies" (see above griffons, dragons, witches, boars etc..) and see what is required to defeat them. (Note: Many times throughout the game, I had to start at the beginning of a level because I had no idea that I would need a well, or a market to defeat an enemy.)
2. More levels!!!! This is a quality game that ended much too quickly. I would love to see at least 60 levels.
3. Houses continuing to generate taxes, as they are being up-graded.
4. Same worker can immediately up-grade buildings without having to run back to home base.
5. Ability to turn off all sounds except for "nature" sounds, i.e. rain, thunder, birds..

I've probably forgotten a few things, but overall, this is an outstanding game that should not be overlooked by TM/strategy fans.

So, when will we see this available for purchase for ipad?

[Post New]by hamsher on Oct 3, 14 2:33 PM
I love the game but how do you get rid of the trees, and how do get the magic potion

Go to: