SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Random thoughts about the game... just for fun!

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Sep 8, 14 10:17 AM
Here are some random thoughts I have when I play this game:

1. Random thought: I know I play this game too much when Jumbled Words mode looks like normal writing to me. I forget that it's all backwards.

2. My favorite room: The Dungeon... does this mean there is a dark, hidden side to me?

I can whip through this room the fastest.

3. My least favorite room: The Princess Boudoir, followed by the Treasury. Or is it the other way around? Either one - Oh! how I hate them!

4. My least favorite item to look for: The cat's paw in the Cellar. Such a sneaky item to find.

5. My favorite thing to do: Really bless my neighbors with some of the special items they need, or generously help out with Expeditions. Wish there was more that I could do for you all!

6. My least favorite thing to do: Go through the rooms over and over and over and over and over and over and over again to find one simple little item!

7. The saddest part of the game: The Duels STILL don't work.

8. And the really fun stuff? Competitions! It's just sad when people back out of it just because you're up in the levels. I never do... because it's really not fair.

Kat

What about you?

Copy, paste and share:

1. Random thought:

2. Favorite room:

3. Least favorite room:

4. Least favorite item to look for:

5. Favorite thing to do:

6. Least favorite thing to do:

7. Saddest part of the game:

8. The really fun stuff!

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 10:35:09 AM PST

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

Re:Random thoughts about the game... just for fun!

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Sep 8, 14 10:40 AM
Ok I'll play.

1. Random thought: I have more than one of these but the most random is that every time I search for perfume/fragrance I always sing the old Windsong perfume jingle because the bottle is shaped the same. I don't even know if they still make the perfume that's how long ago that's from.

2. Favorite room: Toss up between the Observatory or the Laboratory. Oh yeah or the Museum of perfume those are the rooms I set my best times in.

3. Least favorite room: The Alchemists tower, I have a really hard time seeing anything in that room and it's a nightmare in Marine Queen mode.

4. Least favorite item to look for: The dragonfly in any room it's in.

5. Favorite thing to do: Weekly special offers, I like the camaraderie of a bunch of people all doing the same quest and helping out each other.

6. Least favorite thing to do: Neighbor visitations....Ok I said it but I find it a bit boring and I have to break them up in sections through the day or I would never do them.

7. Saddest part of the game: That I've now played long enough that the weekly offers are starting to repeat themselves for me.

8. The really fun stuff! Competitions! I find them very fun and I love the guild I'm in as we all chat and help each other through out the day. Just another level of the game that keeps me playing.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 8, 14 11:36 AM
Okay, here's mine:

1. Random thought:

The music is some rooms is great, not so in others, how do the dev's decide?

2. Favorite room:

In the Manor, it's the Library - always wanted to have one...
In Paris, it's the Perfume Museum - music and I know where everything is...
In Times of Knights, it's the Celestial Stables - love looking for the pony...
In Venice, it's the Glass Making Shop - sooo many pretty colors!
In the Mystery Dragon area, the Mushroom Forest - cute.
also the Ifrit Palace - very pretty!

3. Least favorite room:

The Cheese Factory - ugly, ugly spider in a food store!!!

4. Least favorite item to look for:

The umbrella in the Princess' Boudoir.

5. Favorite thing to do:

Solve the Marine Queen anywhere!

6. Least favorite thing to do:

Search in Octopus mode, anywhere!

7. Saddest part of the game:

The duels and competitions - still cannot get credit for anything, ALWAYS freezes!

8. The really fun stuff!

The weekly quests (I love getting trophies), and reading the forums!

Thanks for starting this, SuzeyQueue!

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 11:36:53 AM PST

tinebrella
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by tinebrella on Sep 8, 14 12:19 PM
I'll bite!

1. Random thought: sometimes I feel bad for the developers because we blame them for every issue when chances are they are just programmers and graphic designers and unless they also own the place they're not in charge and can only fix what they're told to fix and nothing more.

2. Favorite room: maybe the Observatory, there is no "printed item" (such as the cat's paw & nut in the Cellar, or the spades & heart in the Study) and no thin item (such as the crowbar in the Dungeon, or the conductor's baton in the Library), plus I think the color scheme is pretty well balanced (not like that pink hell that is the Princess's Boudoir). In the Valley of Magicians I really enjoy searching the Wizard's House.

3. Least favorite room: it's a tie between the Magic Forest and the Underwater World. I can't get myself to learn even half of the locations the objects are to be found in, no matter how many times I search them. For the Magic Forest I think it's due to the color scheme and contrast, but I can't pinpoint why I find the Underwater World so hard. And I don't particularly enjoy searching the Water Mill.

4. Least favorite item to look for: there isn't one in particular, but I loathe thin objects. Hard to find objects I can handle, but thin objects are always a pain when you're trying to be as quick as possible.

5. Favorite thing to do: loading the game on Tuesdays or Thursdays and find a new Offer or Side Quest waiting for me

6. Least favorite thing to do: chasing away ghosts and feeding creatures on my neighbours' maps. I do it everyday because I need dragon food but it takes ages.

7. Saddest part of the game: it's getting boring to do the same Offers over and over again and I wish they would at least give us old Side Quests when they don't have anything new instead of skipping weeks.

8. The really fun stuff! I really enjoy hard (but not impossible) Side Quests. Like the last one we had, the one with fruits and jams. It was challenging but not incredibly frustrating for me.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Sep 8, 14 12:22 PM
[i]Here are my thoughts,

Random thought:

2. Favorite room: [i]Stained glass workshop

3. Least favorite room: Tilt yard

4. Least favorite item to look for: The shovel!

5. Favorite thing to do: The weekly quests

6. Least favorite thing to do: I like gifting but don't like to visit neighbors to feed creatures and get coins.

7. Saddest part of the game: What else but the competitions/duels! You cant believe how many pearls I have, I just leave them sitting in my chest. They really need to fix this after all this time. Doesn't make sense to get the pearls and have no use for them.

8. The really fun stuff! The really fun stuff are all the weekly quests and new rooms, new Valleys for Magicians,

Thanks, SuzyQ

Edited on 09/08/2014 at 12:53:08 PM PST

TexasBaker
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by TexasBaker on Sep 8, 14 1:37 PM
1. Random thoughts: Playing ROM is a way for me to de-stress. And it's also been a place to make and chat with new friends from just about everywhere.

2. Favorite room: The Library - no question!

3. Least favorite room: The Treasury. I absolutely despise that room!

4. Least favorite item to look for: The melon in the Cheese Shop.

5. Favorite thing to do: Any room with Twilight Genies. Just love those little scamps!

6. Least favorite thing to do: Having to search the Treasury!

7. Saddest part of the game: Trying to help someone - especially a newbie - win an expedition and not being able to do so.

8. The really fun stuff! Visiting neighbors and sending out goodies and seeing what's going on in the forum.

And as I always say... play boldly and smile often!

Texas Baker

rheashard2
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by rheashard2 on Sep 8, 14 6:09 PM

1. Random thought: I can do two things I like to do at once. Listen to audiobooks and play Hidden Objects.

2. Favorite room: Hobbit Hut/Ifrit Palace. Low cost to open, stays open 3 days, high experience points.

3. Least favorite room: Venice Cafe, colors blend together making items hard to see to click on.

4. Least favorite item to look for: Roman numerals in Venice Cheese and Knights Throne rooms. They blend in and for some reason even when I know where they must be I can't see them.

5. Favorite thing to do: Opening gifts, feels like a birthday no matter what I get.

6. Least favorite thing to do: Follow my routine; cannot play ROM or check forum until after I have done my daily walk or bike ride. I have on occasion had to add; do not turn on or leave computer in sleep mode to avoid temptation. I have to do this due to high Texas sun, heat and heat index if walking after 1000 AM.

7. Saddest part of the game: Glitch that has kept me from completing Quest Path to power.

8. The really fun stuff! Reading forums and seeing all the participation.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Sep 8, 14 9:42 PM
1. Random thought: I called a bagel a pretzel the other day in RL. Yeah I might be playing just a bit too much.

2. Favorite room: The boat in Paris.

3. Least favorite room: The magic forest. That room is pure evil.

4. Least favorite item to look for: The boomerang in the magic gates, I can never see that sucker.

5. Favorite thing to do: Take the reward chests after completing a quest. I love opening those things and having all the goodies come tumbling out.

6. Least favorite thing to do: Neighbor visits, chasing ghosts and helping creatures at my neighbors. It's so time consuming and pretty boring to do.

7. Saddest part of the game: All the annoying glitches that never seem to get fixed.

8. The really fun stuff! The competitions are the most fun for me would be even better if they fixed those glitches!

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Replies to your random thoughts and thoughts...

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Sep 9, 14 8:47 AM
It was so fun to read your thoughts. And since I'm so chatty, I just had to reply. This is too good:

Clashfan78 wrote:1. Random thought: I have more than one of these but the most random is that every time I search for perfume/fragrance I always sing the old Windsong perfume jingle because the bottle is shaped the same. I don't even know if they still make the perfume that's how long ago that's from.

Heh! That's a good one! I don't remember the song, though. Tried looking it up and came up with "I can't seem to forget you." from 1998.

FairHavenFish01 - I saw a lot of similarities. Your thoughts echoed some of my forgotten ones! I love, love, love the Marine Queen. When I first started playing the game, that mode was the only way I could beat some of the bigger players in the competitions. And I hate, hate, hate the Octopus.

tinebrella wrote:I'll bite!

1. Random thought: sometimes I feel bad for the developers because we blame them for every issue when chances are they are just programmers and graphic designers and unless they also own the place they're not in charge and can only fix what they're told to fix and nothing more.

What a nice sentiment. That is very true. I like your heart!
I wish I had the patience (and the time) for the really hard Side Quests! That is awesome!

StarMagicGreen - I so agree with you in the Tilt Yard and that darn shovel! And the white bird... And the "castle"... (shudder)

TexasBaker - You know? I'm quite with you in all of your thoughts. Creepy, huh! Hahahaha!
P.S. You are a great neighbor!!

rheashard2 wrote:
1. Random thought: I can do two things I like to do at once. Listen to audiobooks and play Hidden Objects.

I LOVE doing that, too! It makes the book quite enjoyable! And the game!

And I am very impressed with your self-discipline. Wanna send some to Utah?

Crow12000 wrote:1. Random thought: I called a bagel a pretzel the other day in RL. Yeah I might be playing just a bit too much.

Hahahaha! That one made me laugh out loud. Yep! Playing too much. At least we are not calling padlocks castles.... YET!

Thanks for playing, y'all!
Kat

Katwoman991
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Katwoman991 on Sep 10, 14 11:29 AM
Fellow players, not did I not only find this forum delightful and humorous over my morning coffee earlier today. But while is was just in the Boulangerie, I laughed so hard at the pretzel, which we all know as a bagel that I ran out of time before I realized it. thanks for the laugh. It was well needed in an in a intensive game

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Sep 12, 14 6:40 PM
I think all of you are a lot of fun. As for the bagel, it seems that the developers are Asian, who else would know what a Katana is.

I'd like to thank all those who helped my critters

DraperLady
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by DraperLady on Sep 13, 14 4:46 PM
My turn!

1. Random thought: Not so much a random thought...but I have a sort of sing-song I use to remember what I'm looking for: "Einstein in the drawer", "chocolate--high or low", "fan on the floor", "teddy, teddy, teddy, teddy" -- just to name a few! Always glad no one is listening!

2. Favorite room: The Observatory. Love the blue and have an easy time finding most everything.

3. Least favorite room: Yipes! The Tilt Yard! And the Treasury! My brain goes blank...

4. Least favorite item to look for: The umbrella in the Princess's bedroom -- and it is almost impossible to click on it when you do! Oh, and of course, the cat's paw because you have to slow down to find it.

5. Favorite thing to do: Help with expeditions! So exciting to see how they advance.

6. Least favorite thing to do: 1) search in octopus mode and 2) assemble puzzle mode (I love a good jigsaw puzzle but the dragging and dropping here drives me crazy! Oy! Too slow!)

7. Saddest part of the game: That I am running out of things to do! Still several offers to go, but then what? And with comps/duels in such a state all I can say is "help me devs, help, help me devs!!"

8. The really fun stuff! When a piece drops at last! Yes!!! Oh, and Marine Queens! I can't add or subtract but I love to search for those numbers! And last but not least, I love all the crazy, weird and funny names given to items from pretzel to braid.

Edited on 09/17/2014 at 6:51:30 PM PST

tinebrella
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by tinebrella on Sep 14, 14 1:11 AM
DraperLady wrote:4. Least favorite item to look for: The umbrella in the Princess's bedroom -- and it is almost impossible to click on it when you do!

I have a trick for that!
If it looks "printed" (on the left or right wall, or on the bed drapery towards the bottom left of the screen), click on this area:
------------------
-----------
-------
-----
-----
-----
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
---------------------- -
-------------------------

If it looks "glowy" (the two spots on the center or upper right part of the bed drapery), click on this area:
------------------
-----------
-------
-----
-----
-----
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
----------------------
---------------------- -
-------------------------
(I know it's weird, but it works better if you don't click within the umbrella, just a little to the right)

DraperLady wrote:6. Least favorite thing to do: 2) assemble puzzle mode (I love a good jigsaw puzzle but the dragging and dropping here drives me crazy! Oy! Too slow!)

I'm with you there! I used to buy Problem Solvers for crystals just to skip that part!

DraperLady
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by DraperLady on Sep 14, 14 4:40 PM
Thanks, tinebrella for the aiming tricks. I have tried many places on the "glowing" umbrella and have incurred numerous time deductions as a result! Now I will know where to click! (Also love your inventive graphic!)

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Sep 15, 14 2:57 PM
DraperLady wrote:My turn!

1. Random thought: Not so much a random thought...but I have a sort of sing-song I use to remember what I'm looking for: "Einstein in the drawer", "chocolate--high or low", "fan on the floor", "teddy, teddy, teddy, teddy" -- just to name a few! Always glad no one is listening!

I love it! What a great way to remember things. I'll have to try it in the Treasury Room and the Tilt Yard. Oh! and the Princess Boudoir!

Great tips tinebrella! Thanks!

Go to: