catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 9, 14 2:40 AM
The review thread!

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 8:40:15 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 9, 14 5:41 AM

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgGlithui

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Sep 9, 14 8:05 AM
a few gripes about this game................I like to unwind with a good solitaire game............well this is not it..........

1- cards are to hard to see (I'm old )
2-way to much yak yak yak
3-finding junk (way to easy) why make it part of a solitaire game

4------------NO BUY HERE

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 9, 14 1:03 PM
OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK...Want to see the fortune teller? OK. May I please come with you on your journey? OK. Will you find the missing cards? OK. Oh, no! Somebody is frozen! We have to unfreeze him! OK.

That's what I mostly remember from this game except for the music, which is horrible, and the tutorial, which I couldn't seem to stop. I don't need prompts for an entire hand!

There is no way to click through the long introduction and it goes by sooo slow.

The graphics are not so good. Maybe my eyes are getting old (actually, there's no "maybe" about it ) but the numbers on some of those cards are not so easy to see. The pictures are nice but I need to see the numbers. The blue on blue does not help at all. Graphics are also a bit blurred. It's bad enough when the cards are shown nice and neat. Later on they are a jumble.

Click on the wrong card and you will be rewarded with a sickening sound.

There are some good solitaire games out there. I found this one to be annoying at best and maybe even headache-inducing.

Will I buy this game? NO.

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 2:03:42 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 9, 14 8:50 PM
Regarding the tutorial. There is a Skip button that you can click when one of the tutorials come up.

What I liked about it was that I didn't (so far) encounter any HOS or M3 games (as you get with the first game), but each new level starts with "find me my 10 this or that, which I have lost", which is no big deal, and doesn't interrupt the game's flow.

What I didn't like was that I still don't get widescreen. There is a widescreen option, but it won't tick. The screen blinks and moves and pretends to settle itself into a widescreen mode, but doesn't. In the end, the widescreen option stays unticked.

Another thing I didn't like was the size of the cards. Any smaller and I would have to get out my magnifying glass.

And thirdly, it would have been nice if we had been given a small selection of card faces. Although the faces are nice enough, because of the small size of the cards, they often look too much. That's the best way I can describe it.

There is a Store, where you can buy power-ups, but it's pretty bare in there, compared with the choices you get with other Solitaire games.

You also have a choice of a custom and system cursor.

--- --- ---

If it hadn't been for those negatives, I would have bought the game, just because I always enjoy playing a new Solitaire game. But the small size of the cards alone decided me not to get it.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 9, 14 10:36 PM
Guess I'm in the bottom of "likers" of this game. Oh well. These games are not designed to please everyone.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this game. I'd go into detail why but it would take forever and a day. I just submitted my review to the actual Game Page. It should post in a day or two. I hope you all will take the time and go read it. (Pretty please?) It's a bit humorous (I refuse to grow up) and, perhaps, maybe, I hope, will change you mind about the game.

For me. 5 and 2

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Sep 10, 14 8:29 AM
I really enjoyed this game and will use a credit to buy. It ran well and was light hearted fun with unobtrusive music. Ok the cards were a little hard to see at first(I'm old as well) but as with any game your eyes become accustomed to them.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Sep 10, 14 8:36 AM
I am not much on reviews, others do it so much better, but I will give you my opinions, at least. I am pretty new to the solitaire type games, but I find I like them. This game, as others have shared is very beautiful. But..............the small size of the cards give me a headache. They are quite little and spread around, which makes it very difficult for me to get a clear idea of what cards I have. So, no sale for me, because I play these games to have fun, not get a migraine

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Sep 10, 14 5:51 PM
I think the game would have been enjoyable if the cards hade been more easily read. It was difficult to read the faces on the cards because of the small size of them. Hopefully, they will upgrade the game with larger card faces. If they do, then I may reconsider purchasing the game. As it stands now, I think I will pass on it.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 11, 14 8:00 AM
I love solitaire games and buy most of them. I am going to pass on this one. The cards are very hard for me to see. They are dark and shabby looking with bits and pieces of the color missing. I also found the game awkward to play. I had to ask someone where the items I was buying were kept. I couldn't find them.

The rubies didn't make sense to me. I had them and then I didn't and didn't know why. The hint kept popping up even when I checked don't show hints. This is just not a well made solitaire.

Even with the awkward play I would have probably bought except for the problem I have seeing and distinguishing the cards.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Sep 11, 14 11:26 AM
I like this game as well, and the graphics are just beautiful (and I find the cards easy to read -- very important for us with older eyes).

[Note: I am using the word spot below to indicate position on the map -- you are currently at. ]

My only real complaint and its a small one, is that on the map screen (where the flag indicating position is), there is no way to indicate the spots you completed or how you did on those spots.

i.e. In other games, if you done that spot, the spot changes color to something other than the non-played spots. And though that is nice to have, not really required.

But what would be helpful for those of us that like to do perfects on our play- - that the completed spots have some kind of color or icon indicator if you completed the spot with a perfect score for all 5 rounds in the spot or something like that.

Overall a fun to play game for when I just want a game of solitaire.
Thank you.

Edited on 09/11/2014 at 11:27:27 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here!

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 12, 14 6:11 PM
I found the card illustrations very pleasant--it's nice that there are very nearly 52 different pix--and not at all hard to read the indices on.

The tutorial was a little pushy, but for a single hand, I can stand that.

I am absolutely awful at HOGs, but the hidden object tasks so far have been easy enough even for me--I didn't always need a hint!--and are not timed.

It's going to take me forever to save up 4K gold to buy the ability to see the top card of the deck, which permits so much bettter strategy. But that'll nevertheless probably be the next thing I buy, unless it turns out I need wild cards to get thru each set of five hands.

This is a buy for me, and I'm old enough for Medicare!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 13, 14 5:52 PM
tried the trail period. this game is not for me, having to play the same round over and over until you get 10 rubies.

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Sep 13, 14 7:37 PM
Not worth buying until some of the obvious bugs are fixed. They seem to become very apparent around level 7. They are:

1. If you do not get the 10 rubies the first time around you will never be able to continue because it now expects 10 rubies in the first round of this level.
2. Buying wild cards causes a data exception.
3. Once you get into the mode where it keeps demanding 10 rubies after 1 hand you cannot get to the map so you can't even replay a previous level. I hoped that maybe that would reset things but I guess not if I can't get to a map.

If these issues aren't fixed in say a week or so I will be demanding my money back.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 2:24:14 PM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 14, 14 10:00 PM
This is a very nice game. It's relaxing, and the ho scenes break up the monotony of just playing solitaire. I like it!

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Sep 21, 14 5:10 AM
I also like the game but I cannot stand it when I have a combo going and there are no more cards to play, it tells me " end of combo". It may be just me, but I like to find out myself if I am out of cards. Too bad that can't be turned off.
My favorite is still The Chronicles if Emerland
Also the cards could have been of better graphics

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Oct 5, 14 1:49 AM
Double Thumbs Up
I thoroughly enjoyed this game!
Valdy, hun...thanks for encouraging me to try it.
Most relaxing non-paced/timed game.
The only drawback for some may be the fact that you cannot save
in the middle of a match.
I Do encourage you to take advantage of the help tokens for removing cards/etc,
and use your coins to purchase/use Wild Cards.
The backgrounds are neat, there is a story-line/quest to follow,
and the music is well done and fitting.
Please give it a try..you may like it.
=^,,^=
the kat

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 15, 14 12:54 PM
I agree with some of the other reviewers who mentioned that the small size of the cards made it a bit difficult for them to play this game. I kept wishing the cards were larger so I could read the numbers on them more easily.

I own several of BFG's solitaire games and have played numerous types of solitaire. Most of them are the "one up/one down" type, so I understand that part of the game perfectly. But I have to agree with those who found the game strategy of this one to be a bit confusing.

Since the game also has many features that I like, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to purchase the game in spite of the issues I mentioned above.

Happy gaming, all!

Classicaljazz

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Apr 13, 15 7:55 PM
WOW SO SORRY I BOUGHT THIS GAME..............SIMPLE EASY TODDLER CAN BEAT IT......................AND SUPER SHORT.................

2HRS FINISHED IT

Go to: