catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 9, 14 2:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 5:39:39 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Far Kingdoms: Winter Solitaire here!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 9, 14 5:39 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgGlithui

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

The Game Credit System is Borked

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 9, 14 3:17 PM
I don't know whether or not this is a tech issue, but it has to do with game credits.

I do not want to use game credits on standard games. I would rather bank them and use them to get the more expensive games.

However, the purchasing system does not allow me the choice of applying the game credit. It insists on applying the game credit that I want to save. I would rather not purchase the game than permit this.

Is there any way around this nonsense?

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

The Game Credit System is Borked

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 9, 14 3:48 PM
Rhysdux wrote:I don't know whether or not this is a tech issue, but it has to do with game credits.

I do not want to use game credits on standard games. I would rather bank them and use them to get the more expensive games.

However, the purchasing system does not allow me the choice of applying the game credit. It insists on applying the game credit that I want to save. I would rather not purchase the game than permit this.

Is there any way around this nonsense?

If you are purchasing a game at full price, the game credit will be used.

However, if you purchase a game credit at the same time you purchase the game, the end result will be that you will have essentially paid cash and still have a game credit in your account.

Hope this helps.

BK

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Sep 10, 14 12:32 AM
Can't play this game... my screen goes black and it says 'out of range'.

[Post New]by gypsypotter on Sep 10, 14 11:16 AM
Hi,
I am having trouble with the game constantly crashing. When I tried the demo, everything worked, but then I purchased it and the deeper I got into the game, the more it crashes and I have to start each level over from the beginning. Any solutions? My OS is Windows 7.

Edited on 09/10/2014 at 11:19:40 AM PST

rara1024
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rara1024 on Sep 10, 14 12:47 PM
The game keeps freezing on me. I have windows 8.1.

mbiskit1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mbiskit1 on Sep 12, 14 9:14 AM
I cannot go past Level 7--Round 1. I keep being sent to replay the same level and round 1 over and over again. I see there are others that have the same problem. Please fix this glich. I have Windows 7.

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 9:23:01 AM PST

[Post New]by crazysquaw on Sep 12, 14 4:51 PM
can't get pass level 7 also and have windows 7, same problem as other, don't see answer in help......keeps telling me I need 10 rubies, even when I have 9 or when I only have one.........thanks

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Sep 13, 14 12:10 PM
Having the same problem as others noted that it is demanding 10 rubies on the first level. This game is unplayable as is. Can we get a fix or a refund?

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Sep 13, 14 11:50 PM
Hello all;
My Tech issues:
1) freezing when trying to buy wild cards
2)Cant pass level 15--Kicks you out over and over
3)I had a 6 round out of 5????
4)

Gives you your money back ( what is the point to that)

I did make a mistake buying this game..

[Post New]by crazysquaw on Sep 16, 14 9:52 AM
has anyone gotten an answer from them on this problem, I have heard nothing.

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Sep 19, 14 1:54 PM
I finally got a coupon for free game today. I requested a refund on the 14th and today got it after getting very insistent.

odle5
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by odle5 on Sep 20, 14 6:05 AM
letseat wrote:Hello all;
My Tech issues:
1) freezing when trying to buy wild cards
2)Cant pass level 15--Kicks you out over and over
3)I had a 6 round out of 5????
4)

Gives you your money back ( what is the point to that)

I did make a mistake buying this game..

Me too! I have done all the "safe mode" malwarebytes and ccleaner " as they suggested (Like I was stupid enough not to have already installed and used these in safe mode before contacting them in the first place.) and the game still crashes out. You can buy three to five wild cards from the frog before the game locks up completely and I do mean completely. The only way that I can exit the frozen computer is to restart using the windows key (right click on it and choose restart).

I have windows 8.1 and I just bought this computer. I updated all drivers and the software (adding in malwarebytes and ccleaner the day I bought it) and they still suggest it is my computer.

So, I put it on three other computers: windows 7, windows xp and another windows 7. Same problems on all computers. It is not our computers, it is the software.

They keep telling me to use the 'free coupon" they send in their explanations...I don't want another game, I want this one to work, It is a good game. I have gotten to play to the end of the game which automatically restarts at the first level again when you reach the end, but it has been extremely slow to play because of all the glitches and problems in the software.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game four times...cleaning and malwarebyting the before reinstalling. There are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too many problems in this game. They need a fix. An entire rework of the software.

[Post New]by ladysitter62 on Sep 21, 14 5:54 AM
I am having a problem with level seven , the game starts of OK but I can only play the first round and it starts over each time without going on for the five levels , I bought this game because it started of to be fun , now it's maddening that it won't go any further....

[Post New]by hoyamom02 on Sep 22, 14 2:04 PM
I also can not get past level 7. Keeps wanting me to play game 1 of 5 over and over again. I'm playing on a Mac.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Sep 23, 14 5:25 AM
ladysitter62 wrote:I am having a problem with level seven , the game starts of OK but I can only play the first round and it starts over each time without going on for the five levels , I bought this game because it started of to be fun , now it's maddening that it won't go any further....

I thought I had a problem in Level 5, but there is a very good explanation of how to progress if you look at the Reviews on the game's home page and find the one by mrm2006. Read the fourth paragraph and you will understand what the game actually requires.

I don't know how mrm2006 figured it out, but I'm very glad he or she did!

[Post New]by NanaAvaLinda on Sep 24, 14 3:10 PM
I purchased this game on 9/17 and when I tried opened it, the game was magnified so large that I could only see the top half of the Big Fish Icon on the lower left. I uninstalled and reinstalled it three times with the same results. I do not have this problem with any of the other games that I have purchased. Please advise.
Thanks,
Linda Rice

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Oct 4, 14 10:27 AM
Having the same problem on Level 5. Wants 10 rubies after only 2 rounds and kicks me back to Level 1!

jeepers7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jeepers7 on Oct 9, 14 9:23 AM
Same problem as the rest. I played to level 6, & now I get an Error message. I can't even get to the game. reinstalled still the same thing. I have windows 8.1

Go to: