FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Noise!

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 9, 14 2:49 PM
I'll put this in tech if nobody else has the issue. When I played the iPad game I had this HORRID background noise in all scenes starting at where the frozen treasure is. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing on there. I never had it on my PC game until late this afternoon when it suddenly started. I can't bear it, puts me right off, especially as I have sensitive ears being an ex music teacher. Is there a way to stop it please? I have music turned to zero and sounds on about 9. I like to hear when I click the items and can't play on silent so this is driving me mad. Can anybody please tell me how to stop these wind and water sounds please?

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Noise!

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 9, 14 3:09 PM
Hi FudgeChi

I completely understand how annoying certain sounds can be during gameplay.

Unfortunately, the wind and water sounds that you're describing are worked in with the game's other background sounds and can't be selectively muted. For now, the only way to mute those specific sounds is to turn the sound settings down to zero. I definitely see how this can be off-putting and have sent your feedback on to the devs and hopefully they'll be able to come with a solution.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions you can definitely PM any of the Mods. We're always glad to help

bfgWaimea

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 10:50:48 AM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 9, 14 3:17 PM
Thank you bfgWaimea. It seems strange that I didn't get it before and my friend doesn't get these sounds even now. I do hope Elephant can fix this because I can't play without hearing the sound when I find an object but I certainly don't want the wind and water! No idea why it's just started on my PC!
And welcome bfgWaimea to the forum

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 9, 14 4:03 PM
Hey FudgeChi

It's possible that those sounds were added with the last update, but letting the devs know that this sound isn't a hit with players, they may choose to change it back to how it was before.

bfgWaimea and I had not remembered hearing this sound, but when we both checked our games, there it was! So you're definitely not the only one hearing it

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Sep 9, 14 4:37 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey FudgeChi

It's possible that those sounds were added with the last update, but letting the devs know that this sound isn't a hit with players, they may choose to change it back to how it was before.

bfgWaimea and I had not remembered hearing this sound, but when we both checked our games, there it was! So you're definitely not the only one hearing it

bfgVaiya

So I did read it right the other day .... You and the other MOD's play MC!! I suppose I can't ask what your player name is huh!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 9, 14 5:27 PM
Petr1 perhaps?

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 9, 14 6:23 PM
Oh oh oh maybe we just found John just John

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 10, 14 1:52 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey FudgeChi

bfgVaiya

At least I'm not going mad bfgVaiya! never had it on PC until suddenly it started yesterday and yet I'm at level 41 waiting for the next update. I always had the sounds on iPad and they drove me mad and it was one of the reasons I stopped playing on that media. It's almost louder than hearing the noise as you click objects in the scene which I find I need. I do hope they do something to give us an option to turn it off, I'm dreading going into the game to have to listen to them!!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 10, 14 3:26 PM
Hey tigress1_2u

I do play on iOS, and posting my game username of Friend Code definitely isn't against the rules

And I do believe both John Just John and Petr1 were there long before I started playing

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Sep 10, 14 5:23 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey tigress1_2u

I do play on iOS, and posting my game username of Friend Code definitely isn't against the rules

And I do believe both John Just John and Petr1 were there long before I started playing

bfgVaiya

AWE I play on a PC ...So that means that you can't be my friend

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 11, 14 3:20 PM
Hey tigress1_2u

Maybe some time I'll get around to starting a game on my PC and work my way through again

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Sep 11, 14 4:25 PM
The beginning was the fun part

Go to: