Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Best Times

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Sep 10, 14 8:12 AM
I really like this game and so far have managed to succeed in each chapter, but when you see your time, there is a message above it. Best time, for example 3.41 mins and I have just spent 10+ mins!
How does someone clear a chapter so quickly in this game? I would love to know!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Best Times

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 14 5:38 PM
It is best in most cases to work from the bottom of the board up, allowing the cascades to help you. If there are ice blocks, only vertical matches will clear them so you want to get the easy verticals if there are any then work on the lowest part of the board available to get some more matches set up and chip your way down.

With chained tiles, it's still best to try to work from the lowest part of the board you can reach and let the tiles trickle in around the chains, as oftentimes the cascades will passively break some of the chains for you and open up more of the board without you having to do the work.

On boards that have skulls, do not allow a skull to fall into a tight (corner) space because it will very likely get stuck there until you use a powerup on it and that will cost you more time. If a skull is in danger of falling into a hard to reach place, it's better to match 3 skulls higher up (to clear a skull before it goes into a corner) because losing some spaces higher up is easier to deal with.

In tourney mode, don't pick a bonus. That message about "if you want, you can choose a bonus to finish a level faster" is misleading. I finished the tourney boards much faster without a bonus, because the tile variety is reduced without a bonus tile in the mix, which makes cascades more efficient and overall finding of matches easier.

Hope that helps!

Cornishwizard
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Best Times

[Post New]by Cornishwizard on Sep 11, 14 8:50 AM
Hi SynthpopAddict,

Thanks for your comments. I'll give it a try and I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Go to: