Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Frustrated and thinking of packing it in

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Sep 10, 14 6:43 PM
I play on an iPad, am on level 39 and am considering giving up on the game, after having bought diamonds at a recent sale. I have only 1500 coins and need 3500 to craft the needed items to progress. That means I need to do 40 HOS to just satisfy this next step. I have been selling stuff, feeding pets, and trying to craft the occasional item to sell and can't get ahead. How will I ever be able to save enough to hatch any of my eggs? It looks like the new update will require quite a bit of coins to open the new areas. I have been playing for over 18 days according to the counter on the game and am not sure I want to spend my time doing the same things over and over to get the needed coins to progress. I liked the game at first but not so much anymore.

raelynn820
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Frustrated and thinking of packing it in

[Post New]by raelynn820 on Sep 10, 14 7:07 PM
I applaud you for hanging in there this long as I am at this point at level 19 these free to play games are not so free or fun.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Sep 10, 14 7:19 PM
Andru, I feel your pain. Being able to do only about 3-4 full rounds a day, and not every day, put me at a severe disadvantage coinwise. When I found out that the previous update would cost about 250,000 coins to open areas and craft items, I just about threw up. I just didn't feel I could play enough to accumulate that many coins.

Suffice it to say I haven't even reached the last new content and now there's a new update today.

To your point also, I have many eggs I haven't been able to hatch because of the cost in coins and pet medallions. And I've been playing since January. My phoenix has been pretty good, so I stick with that one as much as possible.

Since I was getting extremely frustrated with the endless HO scenes and costs increasing, I had a decision to make. Either stop playing altogether or play differently. For now, I've decided to concentrate on the latest quest, do what I can to fill that quest in the time I have, then close the game out. It takes a lot longer, but has preserved my sanity. This mode of play has freed me from the obsession I had with the game and makes it a whole lot easier to stop playing altogether.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Sep 10, 14 7:21 PM
Hi there,
I play on a PC and am currently at Level 37 but I KNOW exactly how you feel!

Back on August 31st.....I had $646 in coins and was just starting Level 35.
I needed $20,100 to open the 'new' areas just to progress.

I bought a 'Diamond Pack' for $9.99 ($7.63 CDN) and crafted a couple of items that wouldn't use up my green or brown stamps. I still have 182 diamonds left.

Then....I just took it step by step.....slowly. Doing the 'Quests' when I could, going around and collecting items, sending the airship, feeding my pets (only one or two a day), it doesn't pay to feed them more often, and gradually I got there.

I got moral support from a good friend (a special thanks to Duncan/Braindead) who has been with me since the beginning of this game and kept telling me 'it's ONLY a game'!

I too have a lot of time invested and really didn't want to quit and now I'm glad that I didn't because IF you take it one step at a time and don't worry about the 'next' quest until you get there you will eventually get there.....if that makes sense.

You can always craft the 'Ancestor's Spirit' for $2,000 to get you over this hump and then take it from there.

Hope that this helps.

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on Sep 10, 14 7:50 PM
The only problem with the Ancestor's Spirit option is the number of Unique Stamps required. Especially as you start needing *those* for other quests or crafted items. *sighs* I'm just tired of going around and around the proverbial Midnight Castle mulberry bush *just* to get enough coins for a particular item and start back at the drawing board.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 10, 14 7:50 PM
Andru - I agree with those above that say take away the urgency and just play leisurely for a while and you will get there.

I have played 27 days and at level 41 so you have done a great job to play half the time I have to level 39!

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Sep 10, 14 11:10 PM
govegril wrote:Andru - I agree with those above that say take away the urgency and just play leisurely for a while and you will get there.

I have played 27 days and at level 41 so you have done a great job to play half the time I have to level 39!

I have to agree with 'govegril' here.....I don't know how you have done it!

I have been playing for 23 days and am just starting Level 37. I find that if I don't worry about completing a 'quest'.....just doing what I can and then moving on to something else and then coming back and doing a bit more it's a lot less stressful and somehow you do get the things you need.

Tonight, for instance....I spun the wheel and got an 'Unique' stamp! I only spin it when it's available....I've never paid to spin it.

And on 2 of my HO scenes I collected 'Green' stamps which are required for my current 'quest'.

It's not easy just to sit there when the 'quest' is staring you in the face (take it from me) BUT think of the time that you have already invested in this game.

Use your 'down' time to explore the 'newer' areas and build up the inventory in them.

Or what I do....is 'try' and get what my 'friends' have on their 'wish lists'.
All these little things help pass the time.

Good Luck to You whatever you decide & 'Happy Gaming'

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Sep 11, 14 4:26 AM
Good morning from Texas.

excuse me for laughing....Your still caught up in wanting to get to the next level.. and to find out what is around the next corner.. i can't blame You for your frustration & or aggravation......

by the way i am on level 35 or there about.....

do what i did... change how you play the game...for example.... i am using my diamonds to go into the hog scenes instead of simply using my diamonds to buy what i need to satisfy a quest or too craft an item.. this way i receive all the other stuff and coins Midnight castle gives us when we go into the HOGs....choose a path that suits you and go through each HOG everyday at least once if not twice etc etc..

by the way the only stuff i sell are the air ship items.....

anyway....midnight castle gives us all manners of things to do while we wait for the hog's timer too run down or out..including running a few errands... doing the laundry....

i looked at several other free to play...long while back... that had timers that took real time 24 hours...that threw up these road blocks,of pay to play or move..buy these energy coins or you go NO where advance no further... that made me swear off all free to play up till ........MIDNIGHT CASTLE..

Go to: