Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

SPOILER Update Information

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Sep 10, 14 10:54 PM
Well for the players that want to condemn me for "rushing" thru this update and blame me for the updates coming so quickly...please just move on to the next thread. I can see it now...those evil devs sitting at their computers...going OMG Bedazzles finished that update already....quick get the next one out NOW!

First no one has been asking for quicker updates, myself included, but I am prepared for updates...perhaps one day I wont be and so be it...I play this game because I enjoy it(not because my life depends on it as suggested in another thread)...and some other players appreciate a heads up so they can also prepare...if you dont...then dont read below....

This update is very similar to the last couple updates...as mentioned in another thread, no new pets, no new achievements, no use for "Gift for a Friend" boxes, no new mini games or other cool things.(I guess unless you spend real money as mentioned by govegril you get to spin a wheel to get a prize...woohoo...what were they thinking...thanks by the way govegril for checking that out for us!!)

Now for the nitty gritty...here are the cost of opening the new areas as they appear...again no real detail just cost, order, and type:
7800 HOS
9300 ZZ
16000 New Location
7500 HOS
7500 ZZ
8000 HOS
8000 HOS
8000 ZZ
8500 ZZ
8500 HOS
9000 ZZ

Total cost to open new areas is 98100(100 coins less than the last update)

Total stamps needed(I think this is pretty accurate plus or minus a few)
This is also if you do not craft additional items to sell...
606 Plain(white)
240 Unusual(blue)
60 Rare(green)
47 Unique(brown)

Basically the overall cost was very similar to the last update(so roughly 250,000 coins for players with limited crafted items in inventory.) Total cost to craft all items is approx 246290..however please note that this does not include the coins you get for completing each quest or for any HOS searches while completing this content. I started with 404311 coins ended with 177177...however I did have several of the crafted items already.

There is one quest about 1/3 thru this update that asks for 2 Seal of Prayer and 2 Mechanical Hearts...this would be a great place to stay for a while to build coins if you need them. The most expensive crafting comes at the end of the update, most all of the last 8 quests want 3 of everything. The beginning was mostly asking for just 1, then transitioned to 2, then they nail you with 3.

You will be able to complete a total of 1459 quests Level 44 3085/3520

Re:SPOILER Update Information

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 10, 14 11:20 PM
Even though I haven't yet gone through the content of the previous two updates, I always appreciate the heads up as to what is to come. Thank you!

As for the devs...my message is a thank you to them also. They have cured my addiction to this game. Oh I still play, but am in no hurry to get anywhere.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 10, 14 11:38 PM
Thanks for the details Bedazzles

I will be looking out for that Mechanical Heart quest for sure !

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Sep 10, 14 11:48 PM
Thanks Bedazzles for making me start my day with a laugh! Good luck to you and lets have less moaning from the moaners eh?

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 11, 14 1:21 AM
Thank you Bedazzles,

I always appreciate the heads up for what is coming.

Keep up the good work. Ignore the naysayers.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Sep 11, 14 1:50 AM
Bedazzles
Thank You, as always, pertinent information without a single spoiler that gives away details of the game itself. You leave those details for us to to discover and enjoy on our own as we continue our individual travels each at our individual pace through the Midnight Castle.

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Sep 11, 14 6:38 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Yes, thank you Bedazzles...........I too like to know what is coming up and that way maybe (just maybe) I can plan ahead and not get so frustrated

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Sep 11, 14 6:38 AM
Thank you, Bedazzles. I'm waaaaaay behind you but I like to kind of know what's in front of me. I'm always reading the new info. That way it's not as much as a shock to the system when I get there. Keep up the good work. Play as it pleases YOU not anyone else.

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Sep 11, 14 6:38 AM
Thank you, Bedazzles. I'm waaaaaay behind you but I like to kind of know what's in front of me. I'm always reading the new info. That way it's not as much as a shock to the system when I get there. Keep up the good work. Play as it pleases YOU not anyone else.

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Sep 11, 14 6:52 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:

As for the devs...my message is a thank you to them also. They have cured my addiction to this game. Oh I still play, but am in no hurry to get anywhere.

I completely agree. Thank you Bedazzles for the heads up. I too have lost the joy and satisfaction this game had at the beginning. I am in no hurry to update if it's more of the same unbelievable frustration.

The question for the "money men" is what do you expect from us? To play for six hours a day? Ten hours? To spend $300 per update? More? Surely there is a plan somewhere with a goal. But then perhaps not...

Maybe this is some cruel psychological experiment to see just how much people will tolerate. You offer an interesting fun game, they love it and get obsessed, then you crank up the tedium and frustration and observe.

Frankie

PS. If it wasn't for the wonderful helpful people in this forum, I'd have quit months ago.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 11, 14 7:15 AM
600 plain stamps?!!!!!! I've got about 30 in stock mainly due to shameless begging and wonderful friends. My best guess is another 100+ hours of active game play just to get those. At least I should have enough coins after all that. BTW, I'm still on level 37, no telling how long it will take me to get to the beginning of this update.
Thanks, I think?.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 11, 14 7:36 AM
Rosie when I told people I was short on plain stamps, hadn't sold any, they thought I was crazy! There is no way I can amass 600 in a few levels, I am only getting abt 2 per full HOS round level 40...
I guess this maybe where they might weed me out! Appears that way, no way in He. ...ck I am going to buy white stamps!
I am glad those got thru the update, I love your feedback, I am a bit slow but I am thinking now maybe the time to switch to email for my friends and bid good bye to this kind of senseless struggle for me.
I've been with you since late Feb-early March but now I just don't see anyway in acquiring the list of items....thanks for the heads up! I have appreciated the tips, heads up, the strategies and friendship. Taking my time, making up my mind.....

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 11, 14 8:00 AM
NeenaL,
I was a hardcore player for a while but the last couple of updates have slowed me down a lot. I still play every day, but it's more a case of what I can do in just playing the HOS I need to open a chest or playing a round or two. It's a lot more relaxing in a way because I've stopped trying to get anywhere fast. I'm also playing another game where I can play endless (and I do mean ENDLESS) minigames to get resources. Not that I get anywhere fast in that one, but at least I can play something that I'm enjoying. Take it easy for a while, things may yet change.

Speaking of things changing, has anybody looked at whether any prices of crafted or chest items have changed again, like they did in the last update?

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Sep 11, 14 8:03 AM
Bedazzles, thank you for the information of what lies .... ahead .... of level 35 in which I think I will stay trying to accumulate some money (I only have 35.000) !!
To tell you the truth if I had the money (or the crafted items) I would also - like you - try to play the update to the end. Unfortunately, reality holds me back...

WolfenRaindancer, I have also tried to slow down playing the game and I see that I do not mind playing all the HOSes everyday, anymore. I just open the game, go to my social page, return gifts to my friends, send the airship, play the dice and spin the wheel - but I may exit the game without playing any HOS (unless I feel like it).

My friends I still think that it is only a game !!!! Take care all of you !!

Lia

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Sep 11, 14 5:38 PM
You guys are very welcome....trust me this update is doable. If you do not have a nest egg of coins, it might take sometime to get them, but again try to get the HOS opened as you can and then search....the most expensive crafting is at the end of this update. Also the most expensive crafting at the end uses the new areas the most so if you gradually work your way through this update you will have both the benefit of adding coins and the items you will get from doing those new HOS.(Most of these last crafting quests asked for 3 crafted items, one from the new content and one mostly from the prior update.)

But the new areas are very cool and worth it. There are a few other surprises with past characters..wont give anything away...

As a side note you will not need any Bracelets of Seeing!!!

Also as I was going through the crafted items in the list, there are some of them that even after completing this update I still have "?" for some of the items needed. This tells me that it is very possible that the next update will also be rather quick as they are already combining items from this update with the next, so odds are they have in well into the planning stage.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Sep 11, 14 6:18 PM
Thanks Bedazzles , I always like to see what is coming up ahead. I'm glad you had enough to make it thru this update, keep collection for your inventory and coins so you can keep us up to date on what's to come next with our next update!!

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Sep 11, 14 10:52 PM
Always appreciate your heads up, sometimes I shudder and wonder how can I possibly do all that? But your encouraging words help me to put my shoulder to the wheel and carry on.

I would also like to thank very generous friends for their help, I know inventory is very tight right now so if you are unable to gift it's understandable.

Very good advise from several to play a little and close out the game for awhile (I'm still addicted so haven't taken the excellent advice yet.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 12, 14 3:28 AM
Rosie,

You are so right about playing when you have the time. I am playing a lot less these days and just go round & round the HOS to make the coins to open the new areas.
The bonus to that is that when you finally open the area you have inventory to be able to do several quests at a time. I just completed all the quests for the Stone Fairy without having to do an HOS. I also did most of Johnny Depp's quests as well. This is the first time I have been able to build up inventory.

Sure, some people will say it's mindless & repetitive but at least I can also watch? something on the TV while doing them. Much less painful that way.

Bedazzles, your help is always appreciated in all factors of the game.

Go to: