NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Second games, how do you set one up?

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 11, 14 12:44 PM
Everyone talks about having a second game for gifting, crafting, etc... How does one set up a second game on iPAD or a PC?
Since the game doesn't have a reset button, I was wondering if I started again I can find what it was I loved about the game.......I'd like that back!!!

ETA: everyone certainly doesn't have a 2 nd. game...

Edited on 09/11/2014 at 12:58:38 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Second games, how do you set one up?

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Sep 11, 14 12:50 PM
1. How to Create a New User Account in Windows XP
Log on as the Administrator. The administrator is a user account which can control all processes and users on the computer. One can't create another user account without logging in as the Admin first.
2. Go to the Start Menu and open Control Panel (you can find it on the left-hand panel). This is where all administrative tools are located.
3. Click on User Accounts. This is where you can edit the settings for everyone's accounts on the computer.
4. Click Create a New Account.
5. Type your desired username into the given area. The username will allow your account to stand out from the rest. When you are done, click Next.
6. Select whether you want your account to be an administrator or a limited account. An administrator account will provide full control over all the resources, whereas the limited account will not be able to perform many authorized tasks. Click the appropriate bubble, then click Create Account.

How to Create a New User Account in Windows Vista and 7
1. Go to Control Panel using the Start button.
2. Under the User Accounts and Family Safety tab, select the Add or Remove User Accounts link.
3. In the new window you can see all the existing accounts on the computer.
4. Below the Choose the account you would like to change tab, click on the Create New Account link.
5. In the field under Name the account and choose an account type, enter the name that you would like to be displayed for the new user.
6. Select user status for new user as either Standard User or Administrator. If you assign an admin role to this user account, you will be asked to enter your current admin password first.
7. Click Create Account and the new user will be displayed in the window viewed before in Step 4. You have successfully created a new user account on Windows Vista or 7. You can now migrate your data using a shared disk in My Computer.

How to Create a New User for Windows 8
1. Move your cursor all the way over to the right side of your screen, and select the "Settings" option in the sidebar that appears.
2. Click "Control Panel" in the Settings window.
3. Select "User Accounts" from the list of options in the Control Panel area.
4. Click "Manage another account."
5. Select the "Add a user" option next to the plus sign under "Other users." Fill out the forms and click "Next" through each screen until the user account is added.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 11, 14 12:53 PM
I should have known to ask TazRuby!!!

Thank you so much!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 11, 14 1:00 PM
What tazruby said!
A couple of clarifications. When she's referring to migrating data, that is if you had a game on one PC and wanted to move it to another and keep your level. Once you've set up a new PC user, you just log onto it. This will vary by OS but you can find it in the control panel under User Accounts. (On Win 7 you can click on the arrow next to "shutdown" and select Switch User). On the new user you can just start running MC and the first time it will set up a new game from the beginning. Voila.

Welsh_wizard23
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Welsh_wizard23 on Sep 13, 14 3:20 PM
I am so happy to have found this thread - this is just what I have been wondering for a few weeks.
I may not set up a new game as I already spend way too long playing. However, I have slowed down since last update but one and I am enjoying it much more. I have read other advice about taking things slowly.
Still a great game.

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Sep 13, 14 7:16 PM
Is it possible to have two games on the same iPad? If so, how do I do that?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Sep 13, 14 7:25 PM
I don't think it is possible on the iOS. I looked for info but there is none. It is not setup like windows. It maybe possible if they would ask for a log-in name and password. I know My Singing Monsters for the iOS uses the log-in screen so multiple players can play on the same device.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 14, 14 3:55 AM
I thought about doing a second account, but only for a moment lol. I'm only level 21 and already have done 4,332 HOS of the same ones over & over again. I just don't think I could tolerate doing that times 2. It would be nice for my second account to feed my primary account, but in order to do that, omg, I don't even want to think about it.

Hats off to those who can.

Edited on 09/14/2014 at 3:55:37 AM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 25, 14 11:06 PM
Bumping this thread up to page 1 as I have a friend who wanted to know how to start a second game. Knew tazruby had the answer - set out far batter than I could explain.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 4, 14 5:04 AM
Bumping this thread up to page one for someone to read as they maybe interested in starting a 2nd game

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 4, 14 5:49 AM
gtminer wrote:I thought about doing a second account, but only for a moment lol. I'm only level 21 and already have done 4,332 HOS of the same ones over & over again. I just don't think I could tolerate doing that times 2. It would be nice for my second account to feed my primary account, but in order to do that, omg, I don't even want to think about it.

Hats off to those who can.

Me too!! I am on level 10 and the thought of doing all these HOS's all over again

I fear if i did a second game that it might backfire and cause me to burn out and lose interest due to repetitiveness..i am already becoming restless being stuck in the same loop right now as it is. Love the game, but just wish progression was more balanced to prevent that from happening

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 4, 14 6:01 AM
DeAnna,
Look at the thread on this page "starting a second game"

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 4, 14 6:04 AM
Sorry,
it is "How to start over/ new game"
Have to go to bed, cross eyed

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 4, 14 6:17 AM
I see why people do it to boost their main game, but i think i would still get burned out doing it that way even if it gave alittle boost to the main game.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Oct 4, 14 3:55 PM
DeAnna2112,

As a matter of fact, you're right, playing a second game to gift your maingame is not an approvement. But, having that second game, gives you the opportunity to gift more to other players. You have more chance to get eggs on the wheel or the dice game, so it might be a reason to start a second game. Or getting diamonds to get items and transfer them to your first game. When you decide to play your 2nd game to level 19 or 20, you can try to create the Ancestor's Spirit, to get more coins for your first game. It might be an excuse to start a second game, but it's your own decision.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 5, 14 1:12 AM
Worked like a charm, great instructions! I never considered this in a million years, except for the fact that I'm not sure I was really paying attention to (or have forgotten) the storyline since I started. I was too focused on progressing, and didn't really pay attention as I should have.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 5, 14 1:46 AM
Hi NoFishToday,
I have posted very simple instruction on " how to start over/ new game" this is for windows 7,
I am glad you found this thread as I think it is a good was to go more slowly and think about what you do and need and I have only myself and 9 others on my wish list so I don't have to keep tabs on my gifting, also I have gained 3 eggs I don't have and 10 unique stamps extra to send to myself, it might be once a day but it helps as everyone has them on the wish list, Level 30 & Level 8.
Happy gaming, see you in the castle!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 5, 14 1:26 PM
Thanks aussiegirl. I do have Win 7 and it was quite easy, even for a technically challenged person such as myself, LOL. I recommend that anyone who has Win 7 and is on the fence, give it a try!

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Oct 6, 14 1:49 PM
NeenaL wrote:Everyone talks about having a second game for gifting, crafting, etc... How does one set up a second game on iPAD or a PC?
Since the game doesn't have a reset button, I was wondering if I started again I can find what it was I loved about the game.......I'd like that back!!!

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Oct 6, 14 1:54 PM
playerpop wrote:
NeenaL wrote:Everyone talks about having a second game for gifting, crafting, etc... How does one set up a second game on iPAD or a PC?

I did not think of this because in most games farming is not allowed. And I could not imagine playing such a time consuming game more than once.

Go to: