4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

level 19 and can't progress. help please

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 11, 14 12:52 PM
I thought I could play this game without having to spend real money. I have 5 missions, open mansion door-banish frost spirit- open mountain trail to frost spirit-medusa-sprout. I have not found -- the last handle for the box next to the car, the 3rd mailbox key, or the fountain items. Hint says banish frost spirit but the crowning dish and scarecrow relics are locked. I don't have enough orbs to unlock the path. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:level 19 and can't progress. help please

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 11, 14 1:34 PM
you might be some other minor tasks as well, those of type "help your fellow agents", on the end of which you will receive 4 formulas (and maybe even some extras as well).
please post what you have in your inventory, so we can try to figure out what exactly happened and how to get past the stuck point.

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 11, 14 8:26 PM
Hi Tee Rex,
Thank you for responding. What categories of backpack items do you want? (because I have a lot) You mention minor tasks. I have a mission window.
4/9 Inventor--3/7 Scientist and Iris is finished. The Scientist hasn't shown since the 3rd task. The inventor wants me to open the mansion door, but I have no idea how to do that and the hints button tells me to banish the Frost Spirit, which I can't.
I also wanted to add that it is Damian who wants me to open the mansion doors not the inventor as stated in the first post.

Edited on 09/11/2014 at 9:47:48 PM PST

MyXeBu4yS
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

level 19 and can't progress. help please

[Post New]by MyXeBu4yS on Sep 12, 14 1:04 AM
4tinynana wrote:I thought I could play this game without having to spend real money. I have 5 missions, open mansion door-banish frost spirit- open mountain trail to frost spirit-medusa-sprout. I have not found -- the last handle for the box next to the car, the 3rd mailbox key, or the fountain items. Hint says banish frost spirit but the crowning dish and scarecrow relics are locked. I don't have enough orbs to unlock the path. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You have already moved to the location "Mansion", clicked on the door? In general, to open a door, you need to collect the face of a scientist on the table of the three different parts, and then that person applied on the gate in the "Mansion". If I understand you correctly.

If you can not complete a quest, you miss it with the help of crystals and buttons "Skip".

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 12, 14 1:24 AM
4tinynana wrote:Hi Tee Rex,
Thank you for responding. What categories of backpack items do you want? (because I have a lot) You mention minor tasks. I have a mission window.
4/9 Inventor--3/7 Scientist and Iris is finished. The Scientist hasn't shown since the 3rd task. The inventor wants me to open the mansion door, but I have no idea how to do that and the hints button tells me to banish the Frost Spirit, which I can't.
I also wanted to add that it is Damian who wants me to open the mansion doors not the inventor as stated in the first post.

I didn't mean the items in the backpack, i meant the INVENTORY, that horizontal bar on the bottom of the screen (just between the RELICS and the HINT buttons). The objects you created that are related to the storyline and the items you found in the game go in there until you use them.
Please type the name of everything that is in your inventory now, so we can figure if you forgot a step somewhere or it's just all right. And also post what formulas you will receive when you are done with these minor quests you have now (their name will not appear when you mouseover them in the task window, so you'll have to describe how they look like).
Without knowing that there is few I can tell. One is not to worry about the frost spirit for now. Until you cross the chasm in the Alps you won't be able to create the scarecrow and the crowning dish. Also the Medusa and the Sprout are for later, these two tasks sit on the task bar for a very long time before we can tackle them.
Without mopre details is really difficult to to tell anything more certainly, but from what you said it doesn't look anything is wrong there. Try to finish the minor tasks, it might be that these formulas you will receive will open up things for you. But please post more details so we can help more.

XombieMom
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by XombieMom on Sep 12, 14 5:48 AM
Have you visited the WELL to the left of the Mansion?
I was stuck until I went there to find I had to create a ship for the Persephone puzzle in the gallery to get a keycard. The lock for the keycard should be a mask that you can create and I think (going off foggy memory here) that gets you the last key for the lockbox next to the car. You should already have the shield to complete that task, which will send you over the gap to continue your game.

I've just reached level 20.

Don't give up!

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 5:50:51 AM PST

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 12, 14 10:28 AM
Tee_Rex wrote:
4tinynana wrote:Hi Tee Rex,

I didn't mean the items in the backpack, i meant the INVENTORY, that horizontal bar on the bottom of the screen (just between the RELICS and the HINT buttons). The objects you created that are related to the storyline and the items you found in the game go in there until you use them.
Please type the name of everything that is in your inventory now, so we can figure if you forgot a step somewhere or it's just all right. And also post what formulas you will receive when you are done with these minor quests you have now (their name will not appear when you mouseover them in the task window, so you'll have to describe how they look like).
Without knowing that there is few I can tell. One is not to worry about the frost spirit for now. Until you cross the chasm in the Alps you won't be able to create the scarecrow and the crowning dish. Also the Medusa and the Sprout are for later, these two tasks sit on the task bar for a very long time before we can tackle them.
Without mopre details is really difficult to to tell anything more certainly, but from what you said it doesn't look anything is wrong there. Try to finish the minor tasks, it might be that these formulas you will receive will open up things for you. But please post more details so we can help more.

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 12, 14 10:52 AM
Thank you all for the replies, they have given some insight.

TeeRex,
Please be patient with me as this is the first game of this type I have tried. The only minor quest I have is from Damian who wants me to open the mansion door. The general task window showing the inventor, scientist and Iris will give me the flounder, satyr figurine, academic cap and amber stone. Inventory is keycard.

According to XombieMom and MyXeBu4yS, it seems I need to create the silver mask and shield to get over the gap.

It seems I got ahead of myself creating the ship to get the keycard at the gallery, so the scientists' task windows never showed up. Shame on me.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 12, 14 5:14 PM
ok, now we can see where you are...
the flounder you will need for the well, but not before you open the mansion.
the satyr figurine you DO NEED TO OPEN THE MANSION DOOR.
the academic cap and the amber stone you will need once you are inside.

but there is indeed a gap in there. you should have a torso (upper part) and the horse body (lower part) of the centaurs in your inventory, but since you didn't list it i assume you either don't have them (which means you overlooked something) or you already placed them at the door and is pending the satyr to complete the opening.

but you said you didn't get the "fountain items". There are a lot of items we get from that fountain, all in different points of the game. The lower part of the centaur is one of them. That will depend on you feeding that dog by the well, but you didn't mentioned you have a razor in your inventory, so either you used it already or you didn't get it.

ah yes... i see now, you didn't get it yet. if i recall it right it's in that box by the car. now if i could recall where did i get the last handle from... did you say you have a card for the mansion gate? that could maybe be it... and talk to all the guys again just in case. that's something i do when i get stuck, i go and talk to each of them and then i go again and check ALL the points once more, in all locations to make sure i didn't forget something. it's really easy to forget a step, since we have to wait a long time to complete some of them. So now we have to discover where is the last handle, that's probably your lost link. once you find it it will open a lot of things for you and you will advance very quickly for a while, since you have many formulas already built, which you will need when you enter the mansion, so do not dispair, in not time you will be ahead in the game again.

Maybe Sherlock will drop by and help us remember where that handle is?

Anyway, while we wait for help - from memory or from someone - go talk to the guys and check all the locations in detail once (or twice) more to be sure a detail wasn't overlooked. if a bell rings i'll post something to let you know. don't forget to go and use your card at the mansion gates, that might be the missing step.

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 5:17:03 PM PST

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 12, 14 8:28 PM
Hi Tee Rex,

I went ahead and crafted the silver mask and used the card at the mansion which indeed produced the 3rd handle for me.(makes me think I'm still out of whack because it was labeled handle 1) I'm crafting the shield now which opens the handle box. I don't have the upper torso or the horse body. Were they used in the painting in the gallery to get the key card? The picture has changed, now requiring what looks like a sitting figurine.
When I went to the office Iris asks if Drew is still alive. Damian at the mansion talks about someone on the inside overriding the security system. The scientist just says he feels much better now and can he help me, but I haven't had any missions from him since I gave him his medicine.
I've been to the locations, there are things to do at the gallery but I don't have any of those items yet, I've played the match game at the mansion, but still have the well, sprout and door. Alps, three things at the fountain and the box I'm currently working on.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 13, 14 2:34 AM
ok...
So you should have been talking to dr.mensa (like in you having to go talk to him as per quest of other agents, or you receiving quests from him or both.)

you said you are crafting the silver mask now but you didn't mention you had that formula pending construction. I't probably my fault, i forgot to ask for the formulas you already own (and not yet created), so please give an overview of that as well.

you have to get the stuff of the well, that's for sure, but you said you are working of the formulas for that... did you receive the formula for the snowflake yet?

did you finish the shield, did you open the box? did you find the razor in there? if you opened the box and fixed the control panel, you should also be able to cross the chasm. make sure you examine the place on the other side very carefully, as there are one or two little things easy to overlook.

ok, so i went to the gallery and played the story in the panel again to remember witch one is the "sitting figurine" - it's Acheron's figurine.

the torso, as i said, i don't recall where it comes from, could be from the other side of the chasm, but not sure. the horse body you get from the fountain, but you have to find the fish head on the well first. and for that you have to feed the dog, which brings you back to the fountain and to the razor on the box, so one step will lead to you to the next until you get it all done. both torso and horse body go to unlock the mansion door, but there are several layers of locks. first you need to use the Medusa weapons, then the harpy weapons then the hydra weapons. you didn't mention you have any of them in your inventory so i guess you didn't find them yet. Your talk with Iris was much enlightening, that means the next time you have to talk to her (when you give her a box-looking something whose name i don't recall) she will give you one of the weapons for the door.
have you opened that box on the tree by the gates yet? oi'm guessing not. i think another of the "weapons" plaque is in there.
anyway, you won't be able to defrost the fountain without the scientist asking you for the "proofs of the apocalypse". you must have some smaller task for him pending, the type of bring me X (like, for example, "a lost decoration") from Y (like, for example, "the circus"), or something like " banish someone" or "create something" or whatever tasks of this sort, which we here in the forum use to group under the label "help your fellow agents". (PM is too short)

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 13, 14 3:01 AM
So please look again, one by one, all tasks on your left hand, and remember to scroll the list up and down, so none will remain hidden and forgotten.
My take is that you either didn't finish one of his tasks or you didn't take its reward to trigger the next of the same group. If the main quest says, for example:
-help iris with her missions (0/15)
-help the scientist with his missions (0/8)
-help the inventor with his missions (0/5)
(at the end of which you receive your formulas)
each of these 3 "subgroup of tasks" (for iris, for the scientist and for the inventor) will generate its own sequence (with a task button in the left side).
once you completed the first task for the scientist, you won't get the next task of his "subgroup of tasks" until you take the reward. when you do that, the next will appear on the left side, and the main quest will show the word PROGRESS besides it and will read
-help the scientist with his missions (1/8)
Please check that the scientist's tasks aren't blocked in this way or forgotten out of view (scroll all the tasks on the left hand side all the way up and down until the little purple arrow disappears).
And probably it's when you place Acheron's figurine that you get the card you need to receive the necessary item to open the box in the tree hole.
Good luck, i think you'll be well on your way once you discover what's blocking the scientist's tasks.

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Sep 13, 14 4:59 AM
Just dropping in upon request, though it looks like you two are working things out and I don't want to confuse anything.

It seems like (from the first post) the initial problem was being unable to banish the Frost Spirit. The game (via the hint mentioned) was also pointing in this direction.

Since all three handles were found and the shield is being created, crossing the chasm and access to the Scarecrow/Crowning Dish anomaly will soon be available. Crossing the chasm sets in motion several tasks, including Damian (?) giving you the Centaur Torso and Dr. Mensa and his "Proof of the Apocalypse" quest, which leads to melting the fountain and so on...

My advice would be to cross the chasm, banish the Frost Spirit and see what evolves from there.

Edited to say: That "Banish the Frost Spirit" task is probably from Dr. Mensa.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 5:11:01 AM PST

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 13, 14 8:14 PM
Hi Tee Rex,
The task window still shows the same as when I started this thread. The goals top to bottom are, 1-Damian, open mansion door 2-create crowning dish(new from scientist 0/1) 3-Banish Frost Spirit 4- find terminal key, unlock terminal, get over cliff(new from Iris) 5-Restore bridge to new island(new from Iris) 6- task window 4/9 inventor 3/7 scientist Iris is done (this is the window that hasn't changed) 7-find instru for sprout, create & use 8-find instru for medusa, create & use 9-find instru for golden feather(got when I used shield on box) create(doing) & use.
I never got a task to create the mask or shield. I hadn't heard from the scientist since I gave him medicine he told me he felt better. I always take my rewards & scroll the tasks.
Now I have a new window from the scientist #2(can't do that now).
As for the formulas, I'm at a loss as to where to check these. From the task windows all I know I have now is the feather.
I do have the razor now but no instructions as what to do next except getting over the mountain.

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 14, 14 5:59 PM
Hi Tee Rex,
Just wanted to let you know I'm crafting the lightening bolt for the door on the other side of the crevice. Just hope the things behind me come later or I'll be stuck in the same boat.
Also wanted to thank you for all your help, you were exceptional!

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 15, 14 6:06 AM
Hey 4tinynana,

I see you got the box opened (got the razor) and crossed the chasm (you're working on the lightning bolt for the statue's arm. that's great. congrats!
So, let's look over your task list first:
1- do not worry about it for now.
2- once you crossed the chasm you should be able to create the crowning dish, as its anomaly is there on the other side. if you bought the formula for the "5 anomaly traps", which allows you to create 5 using just one 1-star item, be wise and use it. the formula is rather expensive, 15000 coins, but totally worth it. Make a bunch (at least 10, but the more the merrier) anomalies and throw them back to back into that anomaly and you WILL get all the pieces ou need to create not only the crowning dish but also the scarecrow. a warning, though: do not exit that location until you have all the pieces for both relics (crowning dish and scarecrow) or it will reset the counting for the drops, so that's really important that you create all the traps you'll need PRIOR to going there, as opening the creation table will count as "leaving the location".
3- Now that you have the crowning dish and the scare crow, all that's missing to banish the frost spirit is the golden hand (Midas arm), which you get from the anomaly at the Mansion's garden. Same thing, make 10 or more anomaly traps and head there to collect your relic items and make sure you keep throwing traps in the anomaly untill you have all the pieces you need. you CAN open the relics window while you are there, that doesn not count as leaving the place, like opening the creation table. Then create your relic and banish the blue guy.
4- Now that is weird. How come you still have the task to open the terminal (the box besides the car) if you already got the razor that was inside? Also I thought you had crossed the chasm already.
5-i don't recall what you need to restore that bridge but if you click the tools button by the bridge it will tell you, then you can post it here.
6- as you progress more with the scientst's tasks you will eventually come to the point when he asks for "proofs of the apocalypse". that's important. after you get that done you will be able to defrost the fountain.
6 and 7- they are for much later, so forget them for now.
PM is too short, will continue on the next one.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 6:07:14 AM PST

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 15, 14 6:12 AM
4tinynana wrote:I never got a task to create the mask or shield.

you should get the task for the shield when you open the box.
you did open that box, didn't you? and you used the shield you created. or didn't you?
i thought you had said that the last key you were missing for that box was the one we got from the mail tube, so i can't see why you still have the tasks for opening the box still open. need more details on this one to figure it out.
4tinynana wrote:I hadn't heard from the scientist since I gave him medicine he told me he felt better.

well, actually you have, you got tasks from him. at the end of these tasks, as i mentioned, things will start moving again.

Cryst1781
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Cryst1781 on Sep 15, 14 9:49 AM
Thank you forum!!! I was stuck in the same place but had missed the boat, getting the mail key and get the pass over keys. Brilliant. I was so confused as to how I was suppose to move forward.

4tinynana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by 4tinynana on Sep 15, 14 12:24 PM
Hi Tee Rex,
I already had the relic supplies for the crowning dish and the scarecrow. Someone posted a list of where to find them in the HOP's, so I spent some time doing this, as long as I hit combo fifteen after leveling up I got them. Also spent time creating anomaly traps, had 25 at last post.
I miss worded opening box, I opened the box with the handle and got the razor, then it required a feather which I did. This allows you to cross the crevice. Then create the lightening bolt, which triggers earthquake blocking the door.
I've banished the frost spirit. I'm now creating the sword/dagger. Scientist has shown wanting to fix the lens of telescope and proof of the apocalypse.
While the sword is crafting I'll check out what's needed for the bridge. One task that came up to banish the trickster might have given me some of these.

add in- the shield went on top of the box, then the handle opens the box and you get the razor, then you create the feather to open the terminal to cross the crevice.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 12:27:56 PM PST

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Sep 15, 14 6:26 PM
way to go!
so now you aren't stuck anymore.
you are well on your way, just get the scientist his lenses and then the proof of the apocalypse and things will start rolling again.
good luck.

Go to: