catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Sep 12, 14 2:59 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have! Please also include the Operating System you're using!

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 10:10:50 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Cursed Castle here!

[Post New]by dianakay53 on Sep 12, 14 6:05 AM
I can not give the little girl her mother's locket. Running on windows 8

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 12, 14 8:35 AM
I tried to play this game twice. Downloaded fine each time, but when I pressed play I got an error message! Using Windows XP.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 12, 14 10:10 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by Ivie200 on Sep 12, 14 6:49 PM
I have installed Spirit of Revenge and the Hint and Skip buttons are disabled. In the demo version they were working. When I go into options there is not way to change the difficulty level. I was playing the advanced level in the demo. My operating system is Windows 7

Edited on 09/12/2014 at 6:52:19 PM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 12, 14 10:16 PM
I have tried to download the demo three times. It will not work. It gets stuck in the queue, ready to download, and nothing happens. I can't even get rid of it. I've tried. I try to remove it and get a bizarre message from my computer, something about not being able to find it, and a shrieking noise that makes me jump ten feet. It disappears from the queue but shows up again later.

One time I thought I had downloaded it correctly but when I went to play there was nothing but a black screen, the game cursor, and the music. I had to shut down my computer manually - again.

I'm getting really tired of having to shut down my computer manually because of BF games. I must have done it twenty times today and I am not exaggerating.

I'm on Windows 7.

No sale here, BF. And I'm about ready to ask for a refund on another game that screws up my computer, too. I don't think I have played a glitch-free game on BF for months now. And I know I'm not the only one. When I report problems I get a code for a free game - the same code every time. And it can only be used once. What good is that? Where is the customer service?

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Sep 13, 14 11:01 PM
Mac 10.6.8: Got as far as the lamp in the nursery. Third crescent was missing; pressed Hint and 3rd crescent appeared--but I could not move it from the window to the lampshade. (Tried Hint again, but no go.) As far as I recall, this was not a problem in the CE version? Couldn't go further in the demo.

[Post New]by Haruru on Sep 16, 14 7:41 PM
blueskies01 wrote:Mac 10.6.8: Got as far as the lamp in the nursery. Third crescent was missing; pressed Hint and 3rd crescent appeared--but I could not move it from the window to the lampshade. (Tried Hint again, but no go.) As far as I recall, this was not a problem in the CE version? Couldn't go further in the demo.

Same to me. I'm using Mac OS X 10.9.4 Can not see the crescent moons. 3 of them. When I was finding the shade, the clicking sound disappeared and no moons. Hope it can fixed?

[Post New]by bavoir on Sep 21, 14 1:13 PM
Having seen the other posts regarding giving the girl the locket, I took the advice offered and reinstalled the game. However this has no effect whatsoever. I am now stuck with a game that I cannot continue. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

[Post New]by McLann on Sep 22, 14 12:30 AM
Mac 10.9.4: Got as far as the lamp in the nursery. Third crescent was missing; pressed Hint and 3rd crescent appeared--but I could not move it from the window to the lampshade. Tried reinstalling the game, but the problem is NOT fixed. As this is very early in the game, if it isn't fixed, I'll be asking for a refund.

[Post New]by twit68 on Sep 22, 14 6:29 AM
Hi I can not figure out how to paint the blades of grass a lighter color of green in jessies room under the bed on the painting I even bought the guide can not find it there either.

[Post New]by 2poor2buy on Sep 22, 14 6:22 PM
In the little girls room I could not take the last moon and place it into the lamp shade. If I left the game and went back into it the next day I had to click on the hint button for the moon to show up but still could not take it from the inventory and place it in the lamp shade. very sad

[Post New]by cluefinder on Sep 23, 14 6:05 PM
The game played great until I tried to give the locket to the girl. I also don't have a hint button anymore. Very frustrating... There should be a general fix for everyone regardless of what OE you have, because so many are having the same problem.

Most of the time a Dr. Felix report doesn't fix anything.
As you can tell I am frustrated. I buy a lot of games and occassionally have a problem that no one else is having, but this game seems to be a problem for lots of people.

Edited on 09/23/2014 at 6:09:07 PM PST

[Post New]by fishydownunder on Sep 24, 14 11:42 PM
I also have lost my hint button. And I cannot reset or skip the chess segment. running on Windows 8.

Lildballe
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Lildballe on Sep 26, 14 10:25 AM
As soon as I bought the full version, I couldn't use the skip-button or the hint-button. I'm using Windows 7

[Post New]by dickcunn on Sep 29, 14 12:01 PM
cluefinder wrote:The game played great until I tried to give the locket to the girl. I also don't have a hint button anymore. Very frustrating... There should be a general fix for everyone regardless of what OE you have, because so many are having the same problem.

Most of the time a Dr. Felix report doesn't fix anything.
As you can tell I am frustrated. I buy a lot of games and occassionally have a problem that no one else is having, but this game seems to be a problem for lots of people.

I have the same problem, What to Do, What to do????????
dickcunn36@gmail.com

[Post New]by issy227 on Oct 2, 14 3:16 PM
I am running windows 8.1 and my game stops on the first floor desk. When I open the drawer, I collect the piece then click on the book, like the strategy guide tells me to, and the drawer closes and I get left in the room without any way left to move forward. my hint button also quits working and I am pretty much done. I even followed the strategy guide step by step from the beginning and when I got to the desk, same result.

[Post New]by girlgamer99 on Oct 5, 14 8:46 AM
Same problem as everyone else. I cannot give the girl the locket. Running Windows 8.1. This is the first problem I've ever had with a BF game. I've been generally pleased with my games and hope that this isn't an indication that the quality of BF games is going downhill.

[Post New]by ShaktiDavina on Oct 8, 14 9:32 AM
I cannot give the girl in the police van the locket either!

I cannot access the 'strategy guide'.

[Post New]by ShaktiDavina on Oct 8, 14 1:18 PM
I went back to the game and created a new 'user', this time I was able to give Jessie her mother's locket and keep on playing the game.

My 9yr old and I like this game very much... my 9yr old says it is her favourite game!!

Go to: