mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

Suggestion for developers

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 12, 14 8:04 AM
I don't see a thread with this subject for this game and I have one thing I'd like to mention.

I don't know how many of you remember the old Charlie Brown comics, but every fall, when American football season starts, Lucy would faithfully promise not to pull the football away when Charlie tries to kick it. And every fall she pulls the football away. But Charlie keeps trusting her, because Charlie is that kind of person.

That's how I feel when the wheels spin next to the items you've crafted. They show things like eggs and other rare items, but the chances you'll get them are zero. I think that they should do one of two things. One, take off anything that will never come up. Or, two, set a percentage of the time when they do. And take off those stupid red x's because getting nothing is even more like that football than getting common items.

There's a theory in brain research that shows that if you want people to keep coming back, you reward them sometimes, and make it random. Thus the spinning wheel and the dice game, which pretty much work OK. The "good stuff" does come up often enough to keep us spinning for those eggs. But the developers of this game seem to have missed that point with the wheels on the crafting screen.

Anyway, the game would be a lot more fun if you at least had a chance to get that stuff. I think anything ought to be able to drop for any crafting item, but the rarer items ought to be more likely to drop than the less rare items when you've crafted the items that cost more in terms of coins and rare stamps and inventory items.

Now that I've figured out how this game works, that's really the only issue I have. But I'm not a person who focuses on "finishing" things. I'm happy to make progress every day, even if it's just doing HOS scenes to boost my inventory and coins.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Suggestion for developers

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Sep 12, 14 11:03 AM
I agree with you totally......I (think) I saw ONE TIME that somebody actually got something great off the crafting wheel.....I get pet food, stamps, and coins only.....occasionally one red X, rarely got 2 red X's....after the update I get at least one red X every time I craft.......at least get rid of the X's and give us a fighting chance PLEASE!!!

SB

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 12, 14 4:58 PM
I have gotten gems from the crafting wheel......almost passed out!

Suggestion to people who want to make suggestions for the dev's.
They don't give one flip about what would make the game better !!
and there have been some really good ideas, we should write our own game!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Sep 13, 14 2:03 AM
IF I COULD I WOULD, AND I WOULD PUT BACK ALL THE PERKS THEY HAVE TAKEN FROM US. AND GET RID TO THOSE ??????? X'S I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THEM. YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME GETTING EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO CRAFT THEN WHAT DO YOU GET ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING BUT WHAT YOU CRAFTED AND IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY 30 COINS.

THERE I GO AGAIN RANTING.

NIGHT ALL

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 13, 14 3:02 AM
Getting those double red Xs more often here lately. I can't even bring myself to watch the good stuff spinning by anymore.

Go to: