addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 13, 14 1:35 AM
Well I've heard other members complaining of this but it's a first for me - my free trail has ended on upload, without even having a chance to try it!!

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 8:02:13 AM PST

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:TECHNICAL ISSUES

[Post New]by Rose151 on Sep 13, 14 1:57 AM
I bought the game, but it stops and tells me that it "hopes I enjoyed the demo". I already had problems with the download and trying to get the game to start at all. I uninstalled my BF Game Manager and that seemed to help but I am at a loss to know what to do now.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 13, 14 2:49 AM
My demo played just fine, then after it finished and I clicked on the Exit button, I got a Runtime error! Huh?

The game is great, but I may just have to 'wait and see', before I purchase it

@ Addictedtofish, you may have to (if you haven't already) uninstall and then reinstall the game. Apparently it usually helps solve the problem.

Jen.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Sep 13, 14 3:17 AM
I'm with mamajay...as much as I think this could be a game with a difference, I too got the "runtime error" when I came out so I'm sitting on the fence ( so to speak ) & waiting to see if other players can run the game without any problems.

As I'll be paying with hard earned money, I don't want to hit glitches & then have to do the "back & forth" thing with Tech Support

Jenny

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 13, 14 4:32 AM
Runtime error after demo, too. And I am on the fence...not totally enthralled but was disappointed when time the demo ended...so will see what happens with other players first.

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by weyrelady on Sep 13, 14 4:49 AM
I played the demo with no problems and had played the bell mini game and entered the cathedral when the demo ended
idid have an error message but it didnt freeze my comp .
i bought the game and downloaded the full version and opened the game .
all seemed ok but when i pressed the play button i was outside the cathedral not in and allthough the bells showed the mini game done i could not get into the cathedral when transporting to the real world scene. i tried the hint button and it pointed at the cathedral door which should have been showing open.
so there is a glitch and i hope its cleared up soon as the game is interesting.
i shall not send a technical report as my computor is okay.
its a proggramme glitch-------

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 4:53:08 AM PST

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 13, 14 5:15 AM
Further to my initial post, I have attempted to uninstall the game - it started uninstalling (as usual) and didn't stop. I eventually had to close down the game manager and attempted to uninstall via my control panel - my computer can't uninstall it!!
I then uninstalled the game manager hoping this would fix it - re-installed and game still there (showing demo ended) again attempted to unistall with same results.
Basically, it's messed up my computer and I may have to pay to get this professionally fixed (as I'm no pc expert).
Have sent details to BF and am waiting for reply!!!

[Post New]by gingerbell on Sep 13, 14 6:22 AM
I have uninstalled, re installed, changed to the smaller icon and I still cannot go to the right on the balcony. Can anyone help me?

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Sep 13, 14 8:02 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 13, 14 8:33 AM
I got a run time error also when I exited the demo. error 0x009142E9, says it tried to read from 0x14CeDFC9. so program terminated.

I didn't care much for the game anyway now I like it even less.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 8:55:36 AM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Sep 13, 14 8:34 AM
Curser problems here, got stuck at bottom of screen and would only go diagonally across, managed to get it to the menu and change it to the system cursor, took some time to do I might add it then seemed to work ok with a bit of a lag, so will wait and see how things go with this game.
haven't had any errors.
running windows 7 64bit i5

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 8:38:09 AM PST

[Post New]by OhVisibleFig on Sep 13, 14 8:58 AM
I also got the runtime error. Completed the demo, clicked Quit.

Error: Access violation at 0x009142E9 (tried to reach 0x04DF2839), program terminated.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 13, 14 9:02 AM
I think I'm having a screen resolution issue but I'm not sure. I'm at the very beginning and I've climbed up the ladder from what I THINK is the attic and there's the table with Mom's picture on it and an easy chair in the corner. I click the hint button not knowing what I should do next and the hint puts up an arrow looking my my mouse point to the right but when I try to go that way I just simply can't. Could somebody please tell me why and if this can be fixed or not? Oh, and jsut so you guys know because of my pathetically poor peepers I keep my desktop at 1024 X 768.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 9:05:37 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 13, 14 9:08 AM
I just wanted to say that I am sorry for those of you with having game problems...I hope they get it fixed for you, IMHO, it is one of the better games that have come out for awhile.

I am almost finished with it and am running Windows 8.1 on a PC and have had no problems.

Again, I totally can relate, and am sorry to hear of your frustrations. BF has the best CS and trouble shooters' around, hang in there.

Ci

[Post New]by Strwbrydelisus on Sep 13, 14 9:33 AM
well ive bought the game and went to install it and it does nothing restalled the game manager still nothing..same thing happened 4 days ago with another game I bought so I sent big fish a email never heard back from them soo I guess I keep sending them til I get a answer I thought the first game I bought it was the game but not now as now iam screwed out of 2 games I bought with credits,,maddening as we buy the games to play them now I cant play either..ive never had problems b4

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Sep 13, 14 9:50 AM
CiChDa wrote:I just wanted to say that I am sorry for those of you with having game problems...I hope they get it fixed for you, IMHO, it is one of the better games that have come out for awhile.

I am almost finished with it and am running Windows 8.1 on a PC and have had no problems.

Again, I totally can relate, and am sorry to hear of your frustrations. BF has the best CS and trouble shooters' around, hang in there.

Ci

I agree and am sorry for everyone's troubles. Started the game but had to stop the demo - puppy having tummy troubles and she comes first. May I suggest that anyone with tech issues also notify BFG via the "HELP" contact button. The more people that notify them about issues they can relay it to the DEVS and it can be fixed. An update usually appears in your Game Manager within a day or two if you own the game.

Good luck to all and please notify BFG.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Sep 13, 14 10:45 AM
addictedtofish wrote:Well I've heard other members complaining of this but it's a first for me - my free trail has ended on upload, without even having a chance to try it!!

Same thing happened with me.. I never got a chance to even try it!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 13, 14 11:01 AM
If it says that your trial has expired after having downloaded the game and it won't let you try the demo, uninstalling and reinstalling the game generally tends to fix this problem.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Sep 13, 14 8:13 PM
Strwbrydelisus wrote: well ive bought the game and went to install it and it does nothing restalled the game manager still nothing..same thing happened 4 days ago with another game I bought so I sent big fish a email never heard back from them soo I guess I keep sending them til I get a answer I thought the first game I bought it was the game but not now as now iam screwed out of 2 games I bought with credits,,maddening as we buy the games to play them now I cant play either..ive never had problems b4

I have had this same thing happen to me twice after updates were installed on my computer. At first, I thought it was a BF problem. Then I checked other programs and nothing would download. After doing my own detective work it came down to the updates. I wound up going into my control panel and doing a restore to a date prior to this happening. Once the restore was done I was back in business and I could now download and play new games.

You may just want to check to see if any automatic windows updates had been added since you were last able to download a game. If so, this could be your problem but I am not saying that it for sure is but if all else fails, it's worth a try. Good luck and I hope your back to enjoying your games soon.

violetsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by violetsue on Sep 14, 14 3:59 PM
I really like the game but I have come to the conclusion that my game does not reflect what strategy guide shows. I have now played and replayed trying to get the green candles and it cannot happen. What is in the guide is not what I have on screen. I went in and asked for help and tammytheo responded with a response. So I thought that I had done something wrong and then replayed entire game - still no green candles and I get the mushrooms in a different place than she does and cannot ever place mushrooms outside. Can you please tell me what to do to fix this please? Thanks

Go to: