weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Cathedral door

[Post New]by weyrelady on Sep 13, 14 4:54 AM
I played the demo with no problems and had played the bell mini game and entered the cathedral when the demo ended
idid have an error message but it didnt freeze my comp .
i bought the game and downloaded the full version and opened the game .
all seemed ok but when i pressed the play button i was outside the cathedral not in and allthough the bells showed the mini game done i could not get into the cathedral when transporting to the real world scene. i tried the hint button and it pointed at the cathedral door which should have been showing open.
so there is a glitch and i hope its cleared up soon as the game is interesting.
i shall not send a technical report as my computor is okay.
its a proggramme glitch-------

anyone else having same glitch or similar??????

Re:Cathedral door

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Sep 13, 14 5:11 AM
I am having the same problem & getting really sick of these constant glitches in games, especially since they seem to happen after purchasing the game. BFG seems to think we have nothing better to do with our lives than play with Dr. Felix. Well, I do and won't be purchasing anything else until I see a fix has been issued for this game. We should not have to go through so much just to report a glitch. Someone should be checking the forum early on to see what problems their CUSTOMERS are having.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 13, 14 5:13 AM
No problems here.

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by weyrelady on Sep 13, 14 12:59 PM
i found that even binning and reinstalling didnt solve the problem so started game again as a new player. it worked but i had to start over and was not happy about it

try if you dont want to wait for a patch

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 14, 14 10:53 AM
Hey malcolmbart

I'm really sorry to see you've been having trouble with the game. The Mods to check the forums daily so we can track issues coming up. We also report this information to the devs as we see it.

However, the information we report is pretty limited, as we can only see how many are having the issue and self-descriptions of the issue. In order for the devs to find commonalities between the affected computers, and from there, trace the error in the programming for a fix, they do need to see the Dr. Felix Reports that we ask you to send to Tech Support.

There are several different things the devs need to fix an issue, and the reports in the forums are just one of those several things.

I have reported this issue to the devs, but we would also really appreciate it if those having this issue contact Tech Support HERE, with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be happy to try troubleshooting, and then take the steps that were tried, as well as the Dr. Felix, to the devs for further investigation.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Sep 15, 14 3:45 AM
weyrelady wrote:i found that even binning and reinstalling didnt solve the problem so started game again as a new player. it worked but i had to start over and was not happy about it

try if you dont want to wait for a patch

Thanks, that worked. However, I view that as proof that it is not a computer problem, but a problem with the game itself. It is ridiculous that one should have to start all over just to overcome a problem with the game.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 3:49:20 AM PST

newmary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by newmary on Sep 18, 14 10:40 AM
Same problem here. Cannot get into the cathedral door and the bell game has been played. Very irritating but almost helpful to know I am not alone. First collector's edition that has been worth buying in a while.

gram209
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by gram209 on Oct 31, 14 8:33 PM
I have the same problem, after purchasing the game I cannot get in the cathedral. I played the bell game while in demo. I hate to have to start all over but if I have to so be it.

Go to: