didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

3 weeks in a row and not one new release that I care to purchase

[Post New]by didersham on Sep 13, 14 9:01 AM
This is only my opinion.

I am happy for the people who have enjoyed the new releases coming out lately, but this is the first time since I have been with Big Fish that I have not purchase one new release 3 weeks in a row.

I know that not all the games coming out are going to be my cup of tea, but I hope there would be at least one.

Oh well, I hope eventually there will be one soon.

Happy gaming to all that are enjoying the new releases!

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 9:03:33 AM PST

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:3 weeks in a row and not one new release that I care to purchase

[Post New]by Althena533 on Sep 13, 14 9:06 AM
Picky, picky, picky! ;v)

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Sep 13, 14 9:16 AM
Your missing a pretty good game.

70 some pages in the SG, so the length is well worth the sale price along with the game play is a good adventure with a variety of different HO's (not too many to take away from the adventure)

I hope something turns up for you, today's was mine!

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

3 weeks in a row and not one new release that I care to purchase

[Post New]by troischats on Sep 13, 14 10:54 AM
didersham wrote:This is only my opinion.

I am happy for the people who have enjoyed the new releases coming out lately, but this is the first time since I have been with Big Fish that I have not purchase one new release 3 weeks in a row.

I know that not all the games coming out are going to be my cup of tea, but I hope there would be at least one.

Oh well, I hope eventually there will be one soon.

Happy gaming to all that are enjoying the new releases!

You're lucky - I've not seen one CE game that I'd want to spend my money on for the past couple of months

The last game I was really excited about was 'Fright', and before that 'True Fear'. Many games seem to be about amulets, witches, portals, other-worldly creatures, or a combination of all of them And many of them all look so similar, too.

So I've found myself replaying some old favourites, such as Vanishing Hitchhiker; Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray; Infected: The Twin Vaccine; Midnight Mysteries: Devil on the Mississippi, and Eternal Journey: New Atlantis.

Every Thursday and Saturday I eagerly "check in" to BFG, hoping that there might be a corker of a game out. I've beta tested a couple of games that have real promise, but haven't seen any sign of them getting released yet.

Ah well, I suppose I should look on the bright side and think of all the money I'm saving lol

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Sep 13, 14 2:46 PM
Hey troischats,

That is what I have been doing, playing older games I have. I love all the games you listed. So, when I play a good challenging game of the past it just makes the new ones coming out that much worse. I have beta tested games that I have liked also, so there is hope! I am worried the sequel to True Fear might not be coming out this fall, because I have not seen a beta test for it yet.

I have saved a lot of money also! But, I do purchase some old CE's when I only have the SE of the game.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Sep 13, 14 2:49 PM
I would agree with the general trend of this thread.

The most recent game I purchased was Cursed Castle - the CE.

However, a very nice fish gave me a tip on an older game I had missed - Questerium.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Sep 13, 14 4:54 PM
Agree with you didersham. Personally, I liked the ERS game a little and I purchased it. I also had a "weak" moment and purchased this game also. I am so starved for an adventure game which is geared toward adults - to me, this is better than some we have had in some time.

There is getting to be so FEW good games that I run out of games to play and am purchasing inferior ones. To me, the only Tony Tiger G-R-E-A-T dev is EIPIX. At least they are now offering games WITHOUT helpers - so give them a little bit of a break.

I found this game insulting to the Millenials. Being 24, I cannot even imagine being as clueless as this girl and asking my "mommy" for help. Geesh! So weird. My own "mommy" and I have have been on this site for seven (7) years. If you have a chance - go back and play some of the older games. They were SO much better than the ones we are being served today.

Yes - Steve- time has not been kind to BF. As the game site ages - the games are deteriorating with them as well.

I remember one of college profs saying "If you settle for "average" - that is all you are going to ever receive in life.

Keep up on BF. I guess I have "settled" and that is not a good sign. I am now purchasing games I WOULD NEVER have purchased in the past.

BTW - These games are not created by BF. They purchase them from the devs. If you DON"T like the games - just don't purchase them - thus forcing them to up their ante and STOP PRODUCING formula games.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 7:15:50 PM PST

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Sep 13, 14 5:49 PM
didersham wrote: I am worried the sequel to True Fear might not be coming out this fall, because I have not seen a beta test for it yet.

Same here I'll be really disappointed if we never get to see it.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 13, 14 7:46 PM
Sorry for those of you who have not been able to find a game you like enough to play.

There has been enough complaint and long enough that I hope the Devs will have seen some and realize they need to put their creative thinking caps on.

I am not tired of all the games yet, but find myself bored more often than I like, and wishing we had more variety in the games offered.

[Post New]by cadescovelady on Sep 13, 14 8:00 PM
I think we are all replaying old games! A while back I started keeping a detailed diary of all my games, new and old replays. After the first 100 games you play, the details start to get fuzzy! I, too, am worried about the sequel to TRUE FEAR. They had better not let us down. I have at least one old game that promised a sequel and never delivered. We have all seen the huge changes in the quality of the BF offerings. The tech issues are unbelievable and even the story lines and general playability are way off the mark. I just keep hoping that whatever caused the downtrend will be corrected and it will be the old BF again. That said: Customer Support remains very good and if a game techs out on you, they are always willing to refund the money. If CS ever goes downhill, that's when I will say my goodbyes. And it is nice to have a forum that allows us to express ourselves and find others in the same "fishing" boat!

feegee
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by feegee on Sep 15, 14 12:19 AM
Hopefully, the Devs are working on sequels to the better, yet older series like Surface.....Agency of Anomalies.....Azada....Echos of the Past etc.....

When nothing came of the long awaited sequel to "Charlaine Harris Dying for Daylight" THAT was a HUGE disappointment.

I think just about any of the above listed would've been better received than the continued regurgitation of the long gotten silly Puppet Show series.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Sep 15, 14 2:28 PM
Oh Feegee.....
You are so right about the Charlene Harris sequel cancelation.
I was hooked, excited there would be more.....and could not believe they did not come up with it.

bluejen
Clownfish
Clownfish
702 Posts

[Post New]by bluejen on Sep 15, 14 9:14 PM
I've been buying some games from other site. Like Evil Pumpkin: Lost Halloween. Fun game - and not expensive. Don't know why BF doesn't have it.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Sep 16, 14 9:17 AM
bluejen wrote:I've been buying some games from other site. Like Evil Pumpkin: Lost Halloween. Fun game - and not expensive. Don't know why BF doesn't have it.

Me too. I beta tested that game a few weeks ago. Hmm....I wonder what is going on with BF?

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Oct 22, 14 4:55 PM
I don't think this is the place to voice your complaints with Big Fish. This is a game forum for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition. There must be another avenue to voice your dissatisfaction unless it is about this specific game.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Oct 24, 14 12:24 AM
I agree with you, I think if it's possible for BFG to do is, one day a game for an adult, and the following day, a game for a child, if adults like the game aimed for a child and verse visa, it's a win, win situation, JMO

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 21, 14 2:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and thank those of you who've suggested other games to play from our site. However, this topic is not specifically related to Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it.

As a reminder, each forum is designed to be centered for one specific game, so threads like this technically do not have a place in those forums.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope that you can all continue to enjoy the games that we offer.

bfgWaimea

Go to: